Re.2002  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Re.2002 be added to the game

• Yes
    • Yes, as prenium/gift/events vehicles
    • No

I would like to suggest the Reggiane Re.2002 Ariete.

Reggiane-Re-2000-Falco-Hungary.jpg

The Re.2002 was a development of the Re.2000 with a lot of inovation that was already incorporated in the Re.2001. the Re.2002 was mainly use in the Regia Areonautica but also in the Luftwaff. The Re.2002 was basicly a conversion to bring it to the Regia Areonautica requirement. the Reggiane compagnie use this as base to design a new plane. the Re.2000 was modified and strengened and the Piaggio P.XIX R.C.45 Turbine engine (1,175 hp) was installed. the first plane flew in october 1940. 3month after the Re.2001 

reggiane-re2002-ariete-fighter-bomber.jp

reggiane-re2002.gif

2002s,6240.jpg

General characteristics

Performance

Armament

• Guns: Two 12.7 mm Breda-SAFAT machine guns
    Two 7.7 mm Breda-SAFAT machine guns
  • Bombs: 650 kg (1,430 lb) on three hardpoints

Source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggiane_Re.2002

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=937

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/fww2/re2002.html

http://www.century-of-flight.net/Aviation history/photo_albums/timeline/ww2/Reggiane Re.2002.htm

Edited by CaID
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Giobhas said:

We need the entire line!

yeah, a 2nd line for the light fighter who would be filled with Reggiane's plane. every time i read the backgroud history, i feel like the italian order was mainly monopolized by the Savioa-merchitti, Fiat and Macchi company. most of the other was in fact sub-branch of those 3. they often got the contract over better aircraft of smaller company such as Reggiane. maybe there was some corruption behind it. Something like Aeronautica Mafia or something.

According to Sergio Govi's book on the Reggiane 2002-2005, the Re.2000's top speed was 530 km/h at 5500m, 430 km/h at SL. This was with the Piaggio XIX engine which developed 1100 CV at takeoff power, 1000 at military power (sea level too), and 1160 CV at 4500m. The plane had 840 rounds for the 12.7mm and 1200-1280 (1280 comes from a tech manual) for the 7.7mm guns, alongside the bombs and torpedos it could carry. I definitely want to this Reggiane added to the Reggiane line in WT.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, blakeob said:

According to Sergio Govi's book on the Reggiane 2002-2005, the Re.2000's top speed was 530 km/h at 5500m, 430 km/h at SL. This was with the Piaggio XIX engine which developed 1100 CV at takeoff power, 1000 at military power (sea level too), and 1160 CV at 4500m. The plane had 840 rounds for the 12.7mm and 1200-1280 (1280 comes from a tech manual) for the 7.7mm guns, alongside the bombs and torpedos it could carry. I definitely want to this Reggiane added to the Reggiane line in WT.

yeah i would love it. i think in the tier 5 the Reggiane line could become the Aerfer jets. they was light and had a few hardpoint with various load possible on the wing. i think it would make sense.

blakeob (Posted )

It's certainly not a bad idea!

This was a plane with such aerodynamic feature that could beat the Spitfire,his nemesi! Love it!

+111111

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

On 2017-06-03 at 11:24 AM, *AceOfAces99 said:

This was a plane with such aerodynamic feature that could beat the Spitfire,his nemesi! Love it!

+111111

it remind me of the F4F wildcat and have about the same purpose.

This plane will be very usefull in the Italian tree, in comparison with forgotten prototypes with poor performances.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the Re.2002 has been implemented in update 1.89,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions.:salute:

• Upvote 1