2. 2. Should the Re.2005 be added to the game

• Yes
    • Yes, as prenium/gift/events vehicles
    • No
  3. 3. Should the Re.2005 be added to the German premium in the game

• yes as Buyable/bungle
    • Yes as events
    • No

i would like to suggest the successor of the Re.2001, the Reggiane Re.2005 Saggittario

1387159883494.jpg

the Re.2005 was a very efficient plane of the later part of the WW2. only 48 of those plane was built before the armistices. the plane participated in the defense of Sicily, Naples, Roma and the last of those plane fought over Berlin with the German insignia. the plane was based on the successful and extremely maneuverable Re.2001 Falco II.

Reggiane_RE_2005.jpg

The Reggiane 2005 was the last of the Reggiane aircraft line to be built during World War II. The resulting machine was not only rated as one of the best Axis wartime aircraft, but also one of the best, if not the best-looking. Its semi-elliptical wings, long nose and large tail were all distinctive features of this small, nimble fighter. The prototype MM.494 first flew 9 May 1942. This prototype had four Breda 12.7 mm machine guns and one Mauser 151/20 cannon and was primarily used for testing, and then for the aerial defense of Naples.

It was one of the most advanced Italian fighters but it was also too advanced to be made by the Italian industry, and one of the most expensive, if not the most expensive to produce .

700 Re.2005 was ordered however, the wartime and the ruined factory only permitted 48 plane to be finished before the armistices.

re2005_1-e1410207986223.jpg

The Re.2005 was a low-wing, single-engine, single-seat fighter Monoplane, made of light alloys. Propulsion was by a 1,475 hp (1,100 kW) Daimler Benz DB.605A-1 engine, either of original German production or built by Fiat as the RA.1050 RC.58 Tifone (Typhoon), driving a right-handed three-bladed Piaggio P.2001 constant speed, mechanically controlled variable-pitch metal propeller. the nose mounted MG 151/20 had 150 round while the wing mounted one had 170. there was also 2x 12.7mm Breda-SEFAT with 700rounds.

The cockpit was covered by a Canopy which tilted to the right for access, and had an armored 50mm Windsheild glass. Other protection included an armoured seat incorporating an 8 mm-thick steel shell weighing 40 kg. Overall its effectiveness wasn't anything special by 1942 standards, and provided little protection against 12.7 mm rounds which were capable of piercing even 25 mm at short distances, but the armour used was more resistant than homogeneous steel, since it was tempered.

Esploso-del-vero.jpg

General characteristics

• Crew: 1
  • Length: 873 cm (28 ft 7.7 in) ()
  • Wingspan: 1,100 cm (36 ft 1.1 in) ()
  • Height: 315 cm (10 ft 4.0 in) ()
  • Wing area: 20.4 m2 (219.6 sq ft) ()
  • Empty weight: 2,600 kg (5,730 lb) ()
  • Loaded weight: 3,610 kg (7,960 lb) ()
  • Powerplant: 1 × Fiat R.A. 1050 RC 58 Tifone, (license built DB 605A-1), 1,475 PS (1,085 kW; 1,455 hp) [14] ()

Performance

Armament

• Guns:
  • Bombs:
    • Underfuselage underfuselage 1,000 kg (2,200 lb) bomb and/or wing hardpoint 2x 160kg (350lb) bomb or 1 × 300 L (79.3 US gal) drop tank
    • Hardpoints on wings: 160 kilograms (350 lb) bombs or 2 × 150 litres (39.6 US gal) drop tanks

Re2005-7_1.jpg

Source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggiane_Re.2005

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=1249

http://www.aviastar.org/air/italy/reggiane_sagittario.php

http://www.aldini.it/re2005/performances.htm

Edited by CaID
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Honestly I expect this to come already

Regianne aircraft are not in yet but this is one of the best italian fighters in existence. And with ~50 produced it should be in the normal tree

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, TheJoker1432 said:

Honestly I expect this to come already

Regianne aircraft are not in yet but this is one of the best italian fighters in existence. And with ~50 produced it should be in the normal tree

yes. Italian did develop a lot of good plane that could be in the main tree. but the war bring Italian to ruin. 48 plane so late in the war was already incredible to have. that one could be BR.6.0 the plane was very manageable and climb really fast. its true it wasn't really fast but have bombs and good armament. i hope to see a 2nd fighter line for the Italian with the reggiane. there is about 15 Reggiane who could fit there if we include the Re.2000 who serve in the Regia Marina (italian navy) it's pretty much the light fighter of Italian.

It should be acknowledged that the performance given here is with an engine below normal condition. It was running a lower efficiency than the G.55's DB605, so those speeds are not really representative of the normal production Re.2005.

Sergio Govi gives info regarding a performance test at a lower amount of fuel, and wing Breda SAFATs (afaik), which states 642 km/h at 7200m, but that's not like the prod. version either. I'd honestly expect ~635 km/h at ~7000m without WEP of course.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, blakeob said:

It should be acknowledged that the performance given here is with an engine below normal condition. It was running a lower efficiency than the G.55's DB605, so those speeds are not really representative of the normal production Re.2005.

Sergio Govi gives info regarding a performance test at a lower amount of fuel, and wing Breda SAFATs (afaik), which states 642 km/h at 7200m, but that's not like the prod. version either. I'd honestly expect ~635 km/h at ~7000m without WEP of course.

yes but in either case, the plane was still a bit slower than the other plane in the same time. most of the other's nation fighter of that BR can hit 700km/h, with a little under 650km/h, the Re.2005 cannot catch up another plane into a race. however the climbing is good enough and the good maneuverability allow the Re.2005 to offer a good dogfight. the decent armament also allow a quick fight, this make it deadly enough to be a serious foe. i would gladly give up a bit of speed to have a good maneuverability when it come to a fighter.

also the test was conducted with a early Re.2005 who had a lighter armament. it had 4x 12.7mm and 1x 20mm. the production test had 2x 12,7mm upgraded to 20mm which logically mean more weight and can cause a downspeed.

this source http://www.aldini.it/re2005/performances.htm

mention a very different speed, that go as fast as 678km/h under 2000m and over 6000m. but get under 600km/h in the middle. it could be some feature of the engine in the air density that explain that, but i would doubt that get over 650km/h

also multiple source mention hard point under each wing to carry 160kg bombs. it wasn't on Wikipedia and i initially miss that spec. i added it just now and it make that plane even more interesting.

Edited by CaID
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CaID said:

yes. Italian did develop a lot of good plane that could be in the main tree. but the war bring Italian to ruin. 48 plane so late in the war was already incredible to have. that one could be BR.6.0 the plane was very manageable and climb really fast. its true it wasn't really fast but have bombs and good armament. i hope to see a 2nd fighter line for the Italian with the reggiane. there is about 15 Reggiane who could fit there if we include the Re.2000 who serve in the Regia Marina (italian navy) it's pretty much the light fighter of Italian.

re.2005 br 6.0? i don't not believe so as it was slightly better than G.55 and not even G.56 is having 6.0 br. BUT i'm sure you are aware of a re.2005 which had been modified by germans and could go faster than normal Re.2005 and also the Re.2006 which didn't fly but was built. you surely had reasons not to suggest them and i look forward to knowing them

• Upvote 1

This is the most beautiful plane of the WW2,as the P-51D.

I would suggestion the prototype to be premium and the Re.2005 regular for the Italian Tech Tree at 4.7 of BR,Tier III late.

GIB!

+11111111111111111111111111111111

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the Re.2005 has been implented in update 1.91,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions.:salute:

• Upvote 1