IMAM Ro.37  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Should the IMAM Ro.37 be added to the game?

• Yes
    • Yes, as prenium/gift/events vehicles
    • No
  2. 2. Should the IMAM Ro.37bis be added to the game?

• Yes
    • Yes, as prenium/gift/events vehicles
    • No

i Would like to suggest a early reconnaissance plane that serve i a fair number in the early WW2. the IMAM Ro.37 Lince (Linx)

Ro37_02_500.jpg

The Ro.37 Lince was a the sucessor of the main Reconnaissance aircraft of the Regia Aeronautica, the Ro.1. the Ro.37 flew for the first time in 1933 and saw action for the first time durring the second Itallo-Abyssinian war. from that day to the end of the WW2, the Ro.37 saw action in every front where the Italian took part exept for russia and the english channel. the Ro.37 was the main Recconaissance plane for the Italian.

578cbc8503cea32baad42aeada8274ce.jpg

The Ro.37 was produced in 617 aircraft. most of them serve for Italia but some of them was exported in Spain, Austria, Uruguay Hungarian, Ecuador and even Afghanistan (war it was still use by the Afghanistan army as late as the invasion of 2001) the Ro.37 was a composite metal and wood bi-plane, it could carry up to 180kg of bomb in the under-fuselage rack. two foward 7.7 Brada-SEFAT in the nose was the main armament and a Flexible 7.7mm Breda-SEFAT was put in the rear and was maned by a gunner sitting in a tandem sit behind the pilot.

ca468review_a.jpg

the plane came in two official varriant under the name of Ro.37 and Ro.37bis. another plane based on the Ro.37 was designed for maritime reconnaissance/fighter under the name Ro.43 and Ro.44. the Orriginal Ro.37 had a FIAT Fiat A.30 engine with 560hp. it could reach 325km/h and climb to 3000m in 11min. the speed perfomance was about the same as the Fiat Cr.32. the maximal celling of the Ro.37 was 6700m and had a range of 1200km.

the Ro.37bis was virtually similar to the Ro.37, however the Ro.37bis was improved with a heavier  Piaggio P.IX RC.40 of 560hp. the new engine was more reliable than the fiat A.30. that variation of the plane was the main produced variant of the Ro.37s. the speed of the Ro.37bis was reduced to 320 and the range to 1120km but the ceiling increase to 7500m.

RihCB8B.png

General characteristics (Ro.37bis)

• Crew: two
  • Length: 8.56 m (28 ft 1 in)
  • Wingspan: 11.08 m (36 ft 4 in)
  • Height: 3.15 m (10 ft 4 in)
  • Wing area: 31.35 m² (337.46 sq ft)
  • Empty weight: 1,585 kg (3,494 lb)
  • Max. takeoff weight: 2,420 kg (5,335 lb)
  • Powerplant: 1 × Piaggio P.IX RC.40, 9-cylinder, air-cooled, radial, piston engine, 418 kW (560 hp)

Performance

Armament

• Two 7.7mm (0.303in) fixed forward firing Breda-SAFAT machine guns
  • One 7.7mm (0.303in) flexible mount machine gun in rear cockpit
  • 180kg (397 lb) of bombs on underfuselage racks

source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMAM_Ro.37

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/spyww2/ro37.html

http://www.pilotfriend.com/photo_albums/timeline/ww2/Meridionali Ro.37bis.htm

http://www.lasegundaguerra.com/viewtopic.php?t=12643

http://www.aviastar.org/air/italy/meridionali_ro-37.php

https://theaviationist.com/2010/07/12/the-imam-ro-37bis-found-in-afghanistan/

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, blakeob said:

Open for discussion. :salute:

This would be a very nice start to the attacker line before the Breda 65 in my opinion.

totally agree. i would put the ro.37 as reserve and put the Ba.65 at BR 1.3 (2x 12mm and 2x 7.7 with a rear gunner is a bit OP for BR 1.0)

• Upvote 3

I think these would be a great addition. I also suggest adding the Ro.43 and/or Ro.44 as unique event planes. They would be great for the "Floats" event.

Since these were widely exported (ten to Uruguay, 16 to Afghanistan, 14n to Hungary, eight to Austria, and one to Ecuador), there are lots of interesting skin possibilities too assuming good images can be found.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, TreuSchaferhund said:

I think these would be a great addition. I also suggest adding the Ro.43 and/or Ro.44 as unique event planes. They would be great for the "Floats" event.

Since these were widely exported (ten to Uruguay, 16 to Afghanistan, 14n to Hungary, eight to Austria, and one to Ecuador), there are lots of interesting skin possibilities too assuming good images can be found.

yes you should make the suggestion of the Ro.43 and Ro.44. there are technically a variant of the Ro.37 but i didn't wanted to make them all in the same suggestion because they are very different with a very different armament and role. i made a lot of suggestion. i think the moderator would like to see someone else to do some of them for a change.

22 hours ago, CaID said:

totally agree. i would put the ro.37 as reserve and put the Ba.65 at BR 1.3 (2x 12mm and 2x 7.7 with a rear gunner is a bit OP for BR 1.0)

I also agree, Breda should be at 1.7 just like Su-2 and of course not a reserve plane.

• Upvote 3
medal

On 1/6/2017 at 7:04 PM, blakeob said:

This would be a very nice start to the attacker line before the Breda 65 in my opinion.

Agreed.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Put this before the Breda Ba.65,I like to see new biplanes to the game!

+111111111

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

• 6 months later...