Fiat G.91Y  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Fiat G91Y be added to the game?

• Yes
    • No

i would like to suggest the Twin engine version of the G.91. the Fiat G.91Y

G91y_2.jpg

The Fiat G.91Y was a redesign plane based on the Fiat G.91T. the new plane was now twin engine and out performing the original G.91. the armement was upgraded and various new instrument was making the G.91Y more effective while still cheap to built. the development was founded by the Italian government and the new aircraft flew in 1966. a total of 67 G.91Y was built between 1966 and 1972. the G.91Y was retired from the Italian serviced in 1996

14387395418_673bcd32aa_b.jpg

The G.91Y was very similar to the G.91 Bristol Orpheus turbojet engine of this aircraft was replaced by two Afterburning General Electric J85 turbojets which increased thrust by 60% over the single-engined variant. the engine was side by side in the tail with the intake under the nose and the exhaust at the tail. the armement was upgraded to 2x 30mm DEFA Cannon with 120rounds each. four external hard point was on the wind able to carry up to 1814 kg in total.

695px-G91Y_installazioni_interne.png

General characteristics

Performance

Armament

Source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_G.91Y

http://www.airvectors.net/avamx.html

http://aeroengineer.net/history/g91y/g91yspec.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEFA_cannon

• Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

dispite the fact that it has a afterburner, i dont see any problems with it. is still is a subsonic aircraft which is still fragile. the only selling point is the very good acceleration, 2 defa 30mm cannons and 4 hardpoints.

you have my full support

P.S.: found the flight/technical manual of the G.91Y, and yes its in italian:

http://www.avialogs.com/viewer/avialogs-documentviewer.php?id=15645

Edited by dotEXCEL
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Tigrillo said:

as much as i like this aircraft, it has afterburners, so no :/ because if it ever gets added to the game all the other nations fanboys will start to ask for more jet with the afterburner :/

and? as long as they are Subsonic? why the hell not?

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, dotEXCEL said:

dispite the fact that it has a afterburner, i dont see any problems with it. is still is a subsonic aircraft which is still fragile. the only selling point is the very good acceleration, 2 defa 30mm cannons and 4 hardpoints.

you have my full support

P.S.: found the flight/technical manual of the G.91Y, and yes its in italian:

http://www.avialogs.com/viewer/avialogs-documentviewer.php?id=15645

i read the manual. it's a great found. obviously meant to be use by the mechanics while doing their maintenance. Gaijin can accurately built that plane with it.

4 hours ago, Tigrillo said:

as much as i like this aircraft, it has afterburners, so no :/ because if it ever gets added to the game all the other nations fanboys will start to ask for more jet with the afterburner :/

why are you scare to see more jet? the after-burn is not a limit that would unbalance the game. leave to Gaijin the balance. so far they select their jet according to their performance and the balance in the game. there is hyper-sonic jet that was there way before the G.91Y and none of them are in the game. there is also other sub-sonic jet in the game that was later than the G.91Y. this one is to put an higher tier jet to the G.91R/1 for the Italian. the other nation all have jet at the BR of 9.0 and more than one. why the Italian should be limited at 8.0? they have a few good jet to take place.

40 minutes ago, CaID said:

i read the manual. it's a great found. obviously meant to be use by the mechanics while doing their maintenance. Gaijin can accurately built that plane with it.

why are you scare to see more jet? the after-burn is not a limit that would unbalance the game. leave to Gaijin the balance. so far they select their jet according to their performance and the balance in the game. there is hyper-sonic jet that was there way before the G.91Y and none of them are in the game. there is also other sub-sonic jet in the game that was later than the G.91Y. this one is to put an higher tier jet to the G.91R/1 for the Italian. the other nation all have jet at the BR of 9.0 and more than one. why the Italian should be limited at 8.0? they have a few good jet to take place.

i'm not scared to see more jets in general, i'm scared to see people asking for more powercreep jets like the f104/mig21 generation, using the excuse "but we already have a  jet with an afterburner in game" >.>  if the plane stays subsonic it might be ok, but i'm not too happy about it :/

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

The G91Y is from that generation you mentioned. Honestly I think the game isn't set up for such high performance planes, so while I'd love to see them some day down the line it likely requires too many gameplay changes to be something implemented in the short term.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

1 hour ago, Tigrillo said:

i'm not scared to see more jets in general, i'm scared to see people asking for more powercreep jets like the f104/mig21 generation, using the excuse "but we already have a  jet with an afterburner in game" >.>  if the plane stays subsonic it might be ok, but i'm not too happy about it :/

What jet ingame has an after burner? If you are referring to the MiG-17 your wrong. The MiG-17 we have ingame is the MiG-17A. The Mig-17F is the one with afterburner.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, SAUBER_KH7 said:

What jet ingame has an after burner? If you are referring to the MiG-17 your wrong. The MiG-17 we have ingame is the MiG-17A. The Mig-17F is the one with afterburner.

the g91y if it gets added XD

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

you know to be honest this does not fix the "no 9.0" in italian TT as these sub-sonic afterburner jet planes are going to receive 9.3 to 10.0 br saying it with 70% confidence lvl. but the good thing is if italy doesn't have 9.0 it will get a very solid and competitive 10.0 

saying "it has afterburner so no" is too sharp for making conclusions i can honestly see in near future and update called "apex predators" or something featuring 1 sub-sonic jet equipped with afterburner for each nation. (exactly how they introduced ATGMs and rocket tanks)

• Upvote 1

On 4.6.2017 at 9:04 PM, Ruthless95 said:

you know to be honest this does not fix the "no 9.0" in italian TT as these sub-sonic afterburner jet planes are going to receive 9.3 to 10.0 br saying it with 70% confidence lvl. but the good thing is if italy doesn't have 9.0 it will get a very solid and competitive 10.0 

saying "it has afterburner so no" is too sharp for making conclusions i can honestly see in near future and update called "apex predators" or something featuring 1 sub-sonic jet equipped with afterburner for each nation. (exactly how they introduced ATGMs and rocket tanks)

agreed

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

As I said previously in other posts introducing 60s jets, puts the Nations problem (in those years Italy is a NATO nation), and armament one (which can't consist anymore of internal guns and GP bombs in 80% of the cases) where lot of planes got AA and some AG missiles. Of course I would like to have the G91Y, but environement at this period is, MIG21s, SU7s, MirageIIICs, F104Cs, F100s, among others. That means to get rid of WWII Germans jets and another kind of gameplay.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

it might be sub sonic but with a 86 m/s climb rate, it's still broken compared to current top tier. That kind of climbrate indicates a very high T/W (.47 at maximum load...), which means it will outaccelerate pretty much anything in game at most speed...

You guys are right, we'll leave the balance to Gaijin, they simply won't add it.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

On 2017-6-4 at 4:04 PM, Ruthless95 said:

there are planes that should already have 9.3 BR rigth now, to leave a breath to the 8.0s and limit to only 4 per match against the 9.0 planes like the F9F2, F86A, MiG15 and F86F30.

Edited by zSektor92
  • Upvote 1

Would make a great 9.0 for Italy :) I approve and hope we will see this soon!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

If we get the G91Y, we should have also MIG21, F100, F104, MirageIIIC as a basis. All this means a huge work for Gaijin in terms of armaments, and gameplay. It's why I'm not confindent we get it soon. This simulator was designed for WWII with accurate nations and weapons, it's still valid until the 50s except for nations problem and poor kind of payloads. To go further, implies to change it completely by introducing modern AA and AG weapons and BVR (behind vision range) combat.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

• Senior Forum Moderator

It looks very cool, and i'm sure it would be a ball of fun to fly...however it does have afterburner as stated before. Devs have said no afterburner, so therefore that's a no from me. I'm personally opposed to afterburning jets not just because the developers don't want to go into them, but I feel like they would break top tier. Yes, there are jets that deserve 9.3 or possibly higher / lower brs, but adding afterburning jets would not only break those battle ratings even more, it would also open up a vast of other aircraft that could open up a vast of other ideas...not a good idea in my honest opinion.

If only it didn't have an afterburner...those dual engines look so nice on the G.91!

Edited by TheElite96
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheElite96 said:

It looks very cool, and i'm sure it would be a ball of fun to fly...however it does have afterburner as stated before. Devs have said no afterburner, so therefore that's a no from me. I'm personally opposed to afterburning jets not just because the developers don't want to go into them, but I feel like they would break top tier. Yes, there are jets that deserve 9.3 or possibly higher / lower brs, but adding afterburning jets would not only break those battle ratings even more, it would also open up a vast of other aircraft that could open up a vast of other ideas...not a good idea in my honest opinion.

If only it didn't have an afterburner...those dual engines look so nice on the G.91!

well. for the afterburner, the Dev may review their positions anytime. it's true it may open the way to plenty other aircraft but it may also allow to raise the BR and create a 6th tier. the game is always called to expend in a way or the other. since it was very limited before WW2, the only logical way to expend it would be more modern are more paper-prototype. it may take a while, but i couldn't claim there would never be after-burn jet. they are just not projected any soon. if they add a few jet with the afterburner in each nation at a higher BR and create a tier 6, i think it wouldn't brake the game if it's done well. the thing is the afterburner came pretty much at the same time as the guided missile. it may be not interesting to have a game with auto-guided air-to-air missile for challenge reason.

• Senior Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, CaID said:

well. for the afterburner, the Dev may review their positions anytime. it's true it may open the way to plenty other aircraft but it may also allow to raise the BR and create a 6th tier. the game is always called to expend in a way or the other. since it was very limited before WW2, the only logical way to expend it would be more modern are more paper-prototype. it may take a while, but i couldn't claim there would never be after-burn jet. they are just not projected any soon. if they add a few jet with the afterburner in each nation at a higher BR and create a tier 6, i think it wouldn't brake the game if it's done well. the thing is the afterburner came pretty much at the same time as the guided missile. it may be not interesting to have a game with auto-guided air-to-air missile for challenge reason.

This is true. I think as long as afterburning aircraft are kept well away from non-afterburning aircraft, everything will be fine...but I doubt that will happen. Either way, this isn't the place for discussing afterburner, it's about this beautiful aircraft. ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheElite96 said:

This is true. I think as long as afterburning aircraft are kept well away from non-afterburning aircraft, everything will be fine...but I doubt that will happen. Either way, this isn't the place for discussing afterburner, it's about this beautiful aircraft. ;)

This^^

And, AFAIK, Afterburners are not planned for the near future, but nothing has been mentioned to say that they will never be added to the game. Nevertheless, the G.91Y is not supersonic, only sub-sonic. So I am confident it is fine to leave it for discussion. Thank you @TheElite96 for reminding the members to keep on topic.:salute:

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:11 PM, TheElite96 said:

I agree. As the game stands, let's not add it. If the game changes, however... :DD

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

On 22.6.2017 at 8:42 AM, Malko07 said:

If we get the G91Y, we should have also MIG21, F100, F104, MirageIIIC as a basis.

Where is that logic comming from? You really want to let a single subsonic jet fight against supersonic designs? Slightly ovekill, gg... Not

Edited by dotEXCEL
  • Upvote 3