T95 GMC tracks

Rorszaker

Hello. I found a bug in the T95 vehicle. In case of damage to one caterpillar the vehicle stops moving forward / back can only turn.

In the pictures below you can see the connection of the extra tracks at one point. If the outer / inner tracks is damaged, the opposite will continue to work. It will be harder to drive but it will be possible.

(Extra: Maximum speed T95 GMC is 13 and not 12 km / h) 

Sorry for previous bad section:facepalm:

T28-T95_NACM-12.JPG

T28-T95_NACM-11.JPG

T28-T95_NACM-03.JPG

T28-T95_NACM-15.JPG

T28-T95_NACM-02.JPG

• Upvote 7
medal

But that would take extra coding and could frustrate other players comrade....

(+1, there are a lot of things like this that need fixed)

medal medal

If sim battles would ever changed into "non repair mode", then this feature would be of great use

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Really good photos showing the inner protection and lack of side armor in game. Side slope looks same as the front of the slope at 100mm. The 2 inner plates that attach together should be added to the side protection of the T95 making the side rounds to ammo rack near impossible, especially these angle shoots that constantly destroy it.

ggMshys.jpg

iR16vlA.jpg

This is the T28 showing 50mm side armor so both plates that join on the T95 = 100mm and now with T95 side skirt and the 50mm side skirt shown on the T28 makes a 150mm (T95@100mm+50mm)  side skirt plus all the tracks and gear. I am just putting this out there, but seem to me the T95 is a serious tank to pen from the side as well???

N6cX7Xp.jpg

Edited by barial
  • Upvote 1

Actually. I was interested in tracks and did not notice it. It is even more difficult to destroy T95 ammunition explodes there very quickly.

But look at photos :dntknw:

21 hours ago, Godman_82 said:

If sim battles would ever changed into "non repair mode", then this feature would be of great use

Very good idea:good:But the AB should be a repair option anyway. RB and SB would be cool... Or long repair time +1min

shot 2017.07.19 17.14.34.jpg

T28-T95_NACM-05.JPG

T28-T95_NACM-06.JPG

Edited by Rorszaker
medal

22 hours ago, barial said:

Really good photos showing the inner protection and lack of side armor in game. Side slope looks same as the front of the slope at 100mm. The 2 inner plates that attach together should be added to the side protection of the T95 making the side rounds to ammo rack near impossible, especially these angle shoots that constantly destroy it.

-Snip-

This is the T28 showing 50mm side armor so both plates that join on the T95 = 100mm and now with T95 side skirt and the 50mm side skirt shown on the T28 makes a 150mm (T95@100mm+50mm)  side skirt plus all the tracks and gear. I am just putting this out there, but seem to me the T95 is a serious tank to pen from the side as well???

This really old post by Whelmy reveals the correct side armour:

On 28/7/2015 at 3:47 AM, Whelmy said:
Spoiler

OR7Qpfl.jpg

Upper spaced armour area on the T95 sides.

A fellow who worked on the T95 when they started to do some restoration work on it said "Thickness of the straight sides of the detachable track is 83mm. Thickness of the angled upper armor on the detachable track is 75mm. Vehicle has extremely wide turning radius as well (about 28 meters). The commander's and driver's cupolas are the same as used on the M4 series Sherman and the M26 Pershing tanks. About 76mm thick and about 210mm tall with the hatch closed."

Spoiler

fXUJxw8.jpg

Also that outer tracks side inner armour plate it's indeed modeled as 1 inch (I don't know how true that thickness taking into account how the other armour thicknesses are incorrect):

Spoiler

h7IVvNP.jpg

That slight increase on side armour thickness would GREATLY increase ricochet chances because it's thicker and there's less overmatch (before overmatch T95 sides were like old T-34 UFP ricochets)

The upper sides are probably wrong too, it would be very stupid to put all that spaced side armour on the middle/lower side to then put on the non spaced upper armour weakspot with only 63.5mm

And the upper side in the game it's all cast but on those photos I can clearly see were the cast stops with a weld with other plate (Probably Rolled)

Spoiler

0ilJiNV.jpg

And this Cast to Rolled technique reminds me of this vehicle we have in game that uses it:

Spoiler

f6BDEyP.jpg

tZdrvhJ.jpg

mJQqS4c.jpg

Here are all the other photos: http://www.armorjournal.com/index-spg-T28_NACM.php

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

• 4 months later...