Three-Color Camouflage (1942-1945) for WWII Japanese Ground Forces

Greetings, tankers!  One of the criticisms of Japanese Ground Forces in War Thunder is the lack of decent camouflage options (leading to discussions like the one below).  Right now we start with a base color of Artillery Brown (pre/early-war), Willow [Grass] Green (mid-war), Warship Grey (naval units), or Olive Green (homeland defense), with the chance to unlock a [Dark] Brown and Winter camouflage (which comes the post-war JASDF), and also the option to purchase Warship Grey (if not already its base color), Willow [Grass] Green (if not already its base color), Brown Olive Line, and Brown Yellow Green Blot (for a handful of later vehicles) camouflage.  So, aside from your base color, there are only 2 unlockable camouflages (the least of any nation), and up to 4 purchasable camouflages.  I've known Japanese tanks for having vibrant high-contrast colorful camouflages, and was a little let down by our 'options.'  I present this suggestion as an attempt to help remedy the issue.

In 1942 the Japanese introduced a new Three-Color Camouflage.  On top of the base color of Grass Green was a Dark Brown and a Light Brown.  It was applied with a ratio of 50% Grass Green (its base), 30% Dark Brown, and 20% Light Brown.  Though these were the standards, it was not always consistent beyond the general colors themselves (for various reasons). Similar patterns can be seen in the picture below on the Type 4 Ho-Ro, Type 97 Chi-Ha Kai, and Type 1 Ho-Ni II.

hMbxdNf.jpg

[Larger Image]

Real-Life Examples

Spoiler

8bGOvwF.jpg?1

bIHF3DD.jpg

WedWOtK.jpg?1

Main Source: JAPANESE ARMOUR, and TANK CREW UNIFORM COLOURS & MARKINGS 1937 - 1945

NOTE:  The purpose of this suggestion is to implement a new camouflage (preferably unlockable) available and visible to all players.  User-made skins can only be seen by the individual user and are unavailable to console players such as myself.

If you like this suggestion, consider supporting a similar suggestion I made so that Japanese Ground Forces may have a 'Desert' Camouflage. :yes_yes_yes:

I hope I will have your support! :salute:

Edited by *dctpbpenn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 18
medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, GreenAid said:

Barring the Ha-Go with which I'm not certain, the rest of these seem to use a similar later camouflage reserved for tanks involved in the defense of the home islands, with their base color being Olive Green.

medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.