Normandie-Niemen Yak-3 For the French Tech Tree

Z3r0_

Normandie-Niemen Yak-3 for the French Tech Tree  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support adding this aircraft?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Regular, Premium, or Event?

• Regular
    • Premium
    • Event/Gift
    • I voted "No"

So, with the French tech tree confirmed to be coming for the next update, I thought I might make a suggestion or two regarding potential additions to the tree.  This was the first one that came to my head as it's literally as simple as adding an existing aircraft from the game, the Yak-3, to the French tree with an already existing unlockable skin.  Just a few lines of code, and you have a commemoration of one of the better known French units of World War II.

For those of you that've never heard of these guys, check here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normandie-Niemen

http://warfarehistorynetwork.com/daily/wwii/french-aces-on-the-eastern-front-the-normandie-niemen-squadron/

http://www.cheminsdememoire.gouv.fr/en/normandie-niemen-french-fighters-eastern-front

Now, as for the aircraft itself...

138595_0.jpg

Well, it's a Yak-3, what more needs to be said?  The Normandie-Niemen Squadron flew it under Soviet command, and the Soviets were so grateful that they were allowed to keep their Yak-3s post-war, something I'm sure the French Air Force was grateful for themselves as they worked to rebuild their fighting strength.  Performance is identical to the one-game, tiering and BR would be the same too, and there'd be two skins: the wartime VVS camouflage and the post-war Armee De'lair camouflage.

Thoughts on this?

Edited by Z3r0_
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, but no copy and paste planes unless they have unique features such as a Malcolm hood on a P-51C for the RAF tree or the KV-1 with the german 75mm.

This is just changing the skin so sorry but no thanks. 

• Upvote 3
medal

8 hours ago, Capt_Palmtree said:

Sorry, but no copy and paste planes unless they have unique features such as a Malcolm hood on a P-51C for the RAF tree or the KV-1 with the german 75mm.

This is just changing the skin so sorry but no thanks. 

Suit yourself.  I suggested this primarily to commemorate one of the better known French units of the war.

To clarify what I mean, while technically established as a unit of the Soviet VVS initially, they transferred back to the French military after the war, and the squadron still exists today.  Not to mention that, as I've pointed out in the OP, it would be pretty simple to implement, as both the aircraft and skin are already present in the game, just only the Soviet tree for now.  Just a few lines of code and a pilot model swap and it's done - probably wouldn't even take a day of work on Gaijin's part.

Edited by Z3r0_
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

According to Wikipedia, the USSR expressed its gratitude to the regiment by offering 37 of the unit’s Yak-3 fighters as a gift to France and the pilots returned to a heroes' welcome in Paris on 20 June 1945. Here are some possible liveries for the airplanes after the pilots returned to France, from this link: 

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/268/21/0

Risultati immagini per french yak 3

21_6.jpg

21_6_b1.jpg

Also a possible premium/bundle aircraft (either soviet tech tree or french tech tree), that of commander Louis Delfino's plane:

21_5_b1.jpg

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

57 minutes ago, FireFromTheSky said:

"No" French has too many foreign planes!, imo should be a Skin for the Russkies.

It already is a skin for the Russain Yak-3 (or at least their livery in Soviet service is, not post-war livery).  All this is proposing is adding the plane to the French tree.

1 hour ago, Connacht said:

According to Wikipedia, the USSR expressed its gratitude to the regiment by offering 37 of the unit’s Yak-3 fighters as a gift to France and the pilots returned to a heroes' welcome in Paris on 20 June 1945. Here are some possible liveries for the airplanes after the pilots returned to France, from this link: 

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/268/21/0

Risultati immagini per french yak 3

21_6.jpg

21_6_b1.jpg

Also a possible premium/bundle aircraft (either soviet tech tree or french tech tree), that of commander Louis Delfino's plane:

21_5_b1.jpg

Ah yes, an "ace" skin would also be a good option.  Maybe it could just be called Louis Delfino's Yak-3, with the other skins being unlockable like on Pokryshkin's P-39N-0.

Edited by Z3r0_
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

nevertheless, i think this suggestion can be move into implemented anyway

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, CaID said:

nevertheless, i think this suggestion can be move into implemented anyway

Maybe, although they went with a Yak-9T rather than a Yak-3 as I proposed so...I don't know.  I'd hold off for now.

Edited by Z3r0_

11 minutes ago, Z3r0_ said:

Maybe, although they went with a Yak-9T rather than a Yak-3 as I proposed so...I don't know.  I'd hold off for now.

my bad. 2 different plane. your suggestion cannot be moved to implemented since it's not even the same plane. again, my bad

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, VietnamPhoNoodle said:

since half of the France's plane in their techtree were Americans, why not give them another good fighter from the Soviet, they are in the same side anyway :DD

Well it's rare to fly both american and soviet planes from the regular tree (I do not count premium captured vehicles). The only country is Germany with the Sabre and the DDR MiG-15, but they are very late fighters after so much grinding. The possibility to deploy both american and soviet planes from the rooster would be original and interesting IMHO.

medal medal medal medal medal

i wouldn't have any issue with; and would prefer if there were at least a couple researchable Yakovlevs in the french tree. the french tree as it currently is is a little too close to the chinese tree in recycled copypasta and variants from one nation, and having at least some variety from the soviet Normandie squadron with some of the less exceptional yaks (which makes the fridge launch look much more well placed as a premium) who had just the one 20mm and .50cal Berezin UB or pair of ShKAS .30cals up to the yak-9U- a tier 4 plane.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I actually already wrote about this plane in my suggestion, over a year before this thread was made, here! This thread should be locked, because it is a duplicate.

Edited by Borotovas
  • Confused 1
medal medal

10 hours ago, Borotovas said:

I actually already wrote about this plane in my suggestion, over a year before this thread was made, here! This thread should be locked, because it is a duplicate.

Yours is a compilation, mine's specific to the aircraft in question.  Besides, not all of the planes on your tread have made it in, so that can't be moved over to 'Implemented', whereas this one can.

Edited by Z3r0_

59 minutes ago, Z3r0_ said:

Yours is a compilation, mine's specific to the aircraft in question.  Besides, not all of the planes on your tread have made it in, so that can't be moved over to 'Implemented', whereas this one can.

Did you even read my thread?

Once a plane is implemented, it is removed from the thread and poll, until all the planes are passed.

medal medal

3 hours ago, Borotovas said:

Did you even read my thread?

Once a plane is implemented, it is removed from the thread and poll, until all the planes are passed.

Ultimately it doesn't matter.  Still helps to have a thread to move over to chronicle community contributions.  Now let's stop arguing and just be glad that it's coming to the game, as the mods tend not to take kindly to thread derailment, intentional or not.

Edited by Z3r0_