Jump to content

Type 2 Ka-Mi & Type 3 Ka-Chi


島風
 Share

Type 2 Ka-Mi / Type 3 Ka-Chi  

314 members have voted

  1. 1. Do You Want The Type 3 Ka-Chi?

    • Yes
      272
    • As premium
      27
    • No (Please Explain)
      15
  2. 2. What BR Sounds Achievable For The Ka-Chi

    • 2.3
      198
    • 2.7
      76
    • 3.0
      16
    • 3.3
      5
    • I Voted No.
      19
  3. 3. Should They Add Pontoons For Ka-Mi / Ka-Chi

    • Yes, As New Vehicle
      61
    • Yes, As New Vehicle But Put Them In 1 Group (Ex. H6K2 + H8K2)
      56
    • Yes, As New Modification
      175
    • No (Please Explain)
      22


Type 3 Ka-Chi
Amphibious Tank – 19 Built

After the Imperial Japanese navy became fond of the type 2 Ka-Mi they needed a better / bigger version. 

The Type 3 Ka-Chi (特三式内火艇 カチ Toku-san-shiki uchibitei Ka-Chi)

 

Spoiler

t3amph.jpg

 

Type-3_Ka-Chi.png

 

It was an amphibious tank based on the chassis of the type 1 Chi-He.

 

Spoiler

T3Amph3.jpg

 

These pontoons were jettisoned from the inside of the tank, once it had made landfall. Many Ka-Mi/Chi crews, however, kept the pontoons attached, however, as it granted a slight improvement in armor protection.

 

Propulsion in the water was provided by twin-screws with steering being achieved with 2 more. These were powered directly by the tank’s Mitsubishi Type 100 air-cooled V-12 diesel engine. The Type 3 Ka-Chi had a distinctive large snorkel behind the turret. This delivered air to the Mitsubishi engine, and at the same time kept water out of the engine compartment.

 

The armament on the Ka-Chi was the type 1 47mm cannon (that was the same armament for the type 97 chi-ha)

 

The crew ranged from 5 - 7 with roles of: Driver, Bow Gunner, Loader, Gunner, Commander - Radioman and Mechanic


Specs:
 

Spoiler

 

Technical:

Service Year: 1942 - 1943
Type: Amphibious Medium Tank
National Origin: Imperial Japan
Manufacturer(s): State Factories - Imperial Japan
Total Units Built: 19

 

Design
Operating Crew: 5 - 7

Armor: 10mm - 50mm Steel
Length: 33.79 feet (10.30 meters)
Width: 9.84 feet (3.00 meters)
Height: 12.53 feet (3.82 meters)
Operating Weight: 28 tons (25,627 kg; 56,498 lb)

 

Installed Power and Standard Road Performance

Engine(s) / Powerplant: 1 x Mitsubishi Type 100 air-cooled 12-cylinder diesel engine developing 240 horsepower.
Top Speed: 19.8 mph (32 km/h) on land, 5.39 knots (10 km/h) in water

Maximum Traveling Range: 199 miles (320 km)

 

Armament and Ammunition
1 x 47mm Type 1 main gun
2 x 7.7mm Type 97 machine guns (bow + turret)

 

 

The way of adding it into War Thunder:

Type 3 Ka-Chi:

The Ka-Chi could do great at 2.3 / 2.7, after all it doesn't have great armor and is a Chi-He that can float.

 

Pontoons:

With the addition of the Ka-Mi (and maybe even the Ka-Chi), I'd really love them to be able to do what they are actually built for, to be able to island hop (float).

This can be achieved only with the pontoons. The best way to add this is with a modification just called "(Add-On) Pontoons" (Like we have for the BMP-1 / BMP-1P Or Add-On Armor on some tanks)


More Pics:
 

Spoiler

683730185_Ka-Chi5.thumb.PNG.4034da2d6584

 

1200698268_Ka-Chi8.thumb.jpg.558b1f5a09c205077664_Ka-Chi9.thumb.jpg.262be71340ad557761898_Ka-Chi10.thumb.jpg.61a0af336952065925875_Ka-Chi11.thumb.jpg.6d7ba7a2ff

 

382354540_Ka-Chi3.jpg.13b4ee62df6d56595f

 

707646943_Ka-Chi7.jpg.3bc764bb5c20df4373

 

1637360266_Ka-Chi4.jpg.1f48e214669356bcb

 

Ka-Chi.jpg.1128fa3f42734bffb2004be839226

 

Sources:

 

Edited by ShimakazeChan
Added Some More Sources
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 31
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes for the Ka-Chi and the pontoons for the Ka-Mi and Ka-Chi. they make travel on hilly terrain a little more difficult but there's no life vest quite like a bulletproof spaced armor floaty.

 

i'd take an awkward silhouette and a hatred of mountain climbing for tha ability to float and take a hit from the front.

  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Voted yes for the Ka-Chi, a larger Ka-Mi would be very fun. It would be a good tank to place between the Japanese M24 and Ka-Mi. Also supported for the pontoon modification. It doesn't feel right to have the Ka-Mi, a tank that was designed to be amphibious, incapable of swimming in water. You can even see the propellers in the back. What I would like to see is a modification that allows you to mount the pontoons on tanks such as these, and pressing an assigned key will detach the pontoons in case you're having a hard time traveling across land. You could re-attach the pontoons at capture points.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Admiral_Aruon said:

yes for the Ka-Chi and the pontoons for the Ka-Mi and Ka-Chi. they make travel on hilly terrain a little more difficult but there's no life vest quite like a bulletproof spaced armor floaty.

 

i'd take an awkward silhouette and a hatred of mountain climbing for tha ability to float and take a hit from the front.


I Don't Know How It Will End For The Pontoons, But If You're Able To Get Them Of Your Tank (Like How It Is For Ka-Mi), Mountain Climbing Wouldn't Be An Issue

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 11
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, HMSD33Dauntless said:

What I would like to see is a modification that allows you to mount the pontoons on tanks such as these, and pressing an assigned key will detach the pontoons in case you're having a hard time traveling across land. You could re-attach the pontoons at capture points.

This Is An Idea I Didn't Even Think About, Getting Rid / Re-arming Your Pontoons Would Be Intresting To Do, Let Alone Re-Arm Your Additional Armor For Other Tanks If It Would Have Fell / Got Destroyed (M60 RISE, M4A1 With Add-On Armor, ...)

  • Upvote 12
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/11/2017 at 3:00 PM, ShimakazeChan said:

The armament on the Ka-Chi was the type 1 47mm cannon (that was the same armament for the type 97 chi-ha)

 

Type 1 47mm cannon is on Chi-Ha Kai, ordinary Chi-Ha has 57mm Type 97. Type 1 is a great anti-tank cannon for its BR, Type 97 is not.

 

I think that Type 2 Ka-Mi, Type 3 Ka-Chi as well as other tanks with detachable pontoons (Schwimmpanzer II, Schwimmpanzer 38t, Crusader...) and other amphibious vehicles would be interesting in a kind of event (taking more time than standard battle, something like EC), where one team would be defending an island or some coastline and the other team would be trying to land on the beach and progress inland to capture some strategic point at which they'd win. The battle would start with attacking team spawning only in aircraft, ships and amphibious vehicles having to defend landing crafts until they reach the beech, where all the landing craft that reached the ground would be transformed into spawn points for attacking team for which they'd be able to spawn ground vehicles. When all these spawn points would run out, attacking team would no longer be able to spawn ground vehicles and would loose as soon as the last ground vehicle is destroyed.

 

There could be several of these events in weekly rotation different one every day.

  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Daddo2 said:

Type 1 47mm cannon is on Chi-Ha Kai, ordinary Chi-Ha has 57mm Type 97. Type 1 is a great anti-tank cannon for its BR, Type 97 is not.

 
It's A Type 1 47mm Cannon, Don't Worry. If I'm Right, There Was No Such Version With A Type 97 57mm.

 

23 hours ago, Daddo2 said:

I think that Type 2 Ka-Mi, Type 3 Ka-Chi as well as other tanks with detachable pontoons (Schwimmpanzer II, Schwimmpanzer 38t, Crusader...) and other amphibious vehicles would be interesting in a kind of event (taking more time than standard battle, something like EC), where one team would be defending an island or some coastline and the other team would be trying to land on the beach and progress inland to capture some strategic point at which they'd win. The battle would start with attacking team spawning only in aircraft, ships and amphibious vehicles having to defend landing crafts until they reach the beech, where all the landing craft that reached the ground would be transformed into spawn points for attacking team for which they'd be able to spawn ground vehicles. When all these spawn points would run out, attacking team would no longer be able to spawn ground vehicles and would loose as soon as the last ground vehicle is destroyed.


This Could Work Like The Mid-Air Battle, 1 Team Is Planes, Others Are SPAA.

Those Events Are Mostly Based On Nation, So You'd Get A Bunch Of:
Japanese SPAA Against American Naval Planes
USSR SPAA Against German
German SPAA Against UK + American Landbased Planes 
Etc.

The Point I'm Trying To Make Is That You Could Do The Same For The Landing Event For Example:

LVT's Landing On Normandy Against Panzerjägers And Marders
LVT's Landing On Jungle Against Ho-Ni I's, Ho-Ro's, Chi-Ha Naval Gun Etc.
Ka-Mi's + Ka-Chi's Landing On Jungle Against M3 75mm's, Stuarts And What Not
...

Edited by ShimakazeChan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 04/12/2017 at 23:23, DebtlessWalnut said:

This tank is a beauty that I would like to see in war thunder as well as the To-Ku.

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor To-Ku Tank


Ahhh... Devs, Can I Edit My Post To Type 3 Ka-Mi, Type 4 Ka-Chi, Type 5 To-Ku?

Edited by ShimakazeChan
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Admiral_Aruon said:

 

? don't you have "edit" to the right of the quote button?

 

But-t, My Suggestion Has Been Archived And Approved As "Ka-Mi + Ka-Chi" It Would Be Like Making A Suggestion Of A Game-mode, Editing It To A Vehicle After Approval

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

+1 pontoons would be great

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 20-1-2018 at 6:35 AM, DebtlessWalnut said:

I found a picture of a Ka-Chi model next to a Maus model. They are both to the same scale. The Ka-Chi is massive! http://imgur.com/bLZno5i

 

Damn, If The Ka-Chi Is Massive Compared To The Maus, How Is The To-Ku Compared To The Maus?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...