Stopping with the japanese...

Horus17

As title says, i will stop buying anything japanese anymore :/...

I stopped to play ABs lately, but i have serious problems understanding the way Gaijin treats the IJN, playing HB kinda just sucks!

Take Ki61 Ib, a lovely plane surely, but its the most expensive lvl6 plane in the game, it costs 3x to repair as any other lvl 6 fighter in the game and almost 2x the times as a lvl7 ki49....repair time is like 16hrs or so, so im down to flying it once a day if im not willing to pay its repair!

When i look at Ki61 Ic i wonder what justifies its rank 11?!?! The 20mm cannons ppl tell me...but performancewise it should be the worst of all 3 Kis...another thing are the ranks of those zeros (7-12) but the differencies arent that big between the zero models?!?!

Another point is HBs in general with the Japanese...nice map "rotation" lol, and you can only play Japanese if there are like 20k ppl online, or you wait 5-15mins for a game, where the chance is very high to face Mig15 in tiny A6m3 LOL

So i guess buying Ki61 Ic, A6M5, the Shindens and the heavy bombers is rather pointless if im aiming to play HBs?

And reading post about the new patch, our repair costs are even rising?!?!

• Upvote 1

No man, repair costs are going down, Your Ki-200 Rocket will have 10.000 avg repair price in Arcade Battles in 1.31... who told you that they are going to increase repairs? O.o

medal

Oh wow, you just told us THE obvious points which we are yelling at the Devs since Closed Beta.

In Hb, I can understand that they are not that great, but in HB, Japan wins most of the time. Also, we play Khalkhin Gol  as long as the Devs want it to get tested. I hope we will get Guadalcanal and New Guinea back soon but I am also happy in killing Yaks. I've never seen a Jet yet of the Soviets but I also have to say, the G5N is the highest plane I played so far.

medal medal medal medal medal

5-15 minutes wait time? My max wait time is 2 minutes with tier 8 plane.

Going against MiGs? Don't you mean the new MiG-3?

Khalkhin Gol and Japanese planes are awesome.

What are you even complaining about?

medal medal medal medal

I want to speeds up to 600km/h Japanese aircraft. (level flight)

medal medal

Im not questioning their ingame performance, just that they are the highest in repair costs and being hopelessly overtiered...

When less than 10k ppl are online, even with searching all servers i wait at least 5mins....i was flying A6M3 when ive met Mig15, whole team landed(or even didnt start at all) and left, simply a big waste of time!

All im saying is, besides the bombers IJN are useless to grind HBs, unless you make 2 kills at least per game or dont die!

Im just wondering why i should invest lions and game time into buying Ki61 Ic and A6M5, when i can get MUCH more cost-effective planes from other nations at much lower tiers!

Its just when i started WT, i wanted to make Japan my main nation because i simply love em, but im forced to reconsider...i can make much more lions playing germans besides the fact im bored to hell by german playstyle, since i used them in any other WW2 related games

And yes i know these are all old facts to most players, just needed to vent them for myself i guess...

Edit: LOL as if i have autorepair on with those prices, read the topic pls

• Upvote 1

Horus17, on 04 Jun 2013 - 16:33, said:

Im not questioning their ingame performance, just that they are the highest in repair costs and being hopelessly overtiered...

When less than 10k ppl are online, even with searching all servers i wait at least 5mins....i was flying A6M3 when ive met Mig15, whole team landed(or even didnt start at all) and left, simply a big waste of time!

All im saying is, besides the bombers IJN are useless to grind HBs, unless you make 2 kills at least per game or dont die!

Im just wondering why i should invest lions and game time into buying Ki61 Ic and A6M5, when i can get MUCH more cost-effective planes from other nations at much lower tiers!

Its just when i started WT, i wanted to make Japan my main nation because i simply love em, but im forced to reconsider...i can make much more lions playing germans besides the fact im bored to hell by german playstyle, since i used them in any other WW2 related games

And yes i know these are all old facts to most players, just needed to vent them for myself i guess...

Actually you can get enough money to repair the H6K 2-3 times with 1 win with an A6M3 in HB

I'm having fun playing with the japanese planes even with these known problems.

Also as the old japaneses, you need learn patience, perseverance and be calm against all odds  ;)s

It's only a matter of time...

medal medal medal

wotertool, on 04 Jun 2013 - 16:40, said:

Actually you can get enough money to repair the H6K 2-3 times with 1 win with an A6M3 in HB

Well that may be true, as well as for the Ki61s...BUT in case of a bad game, you just have high rep costs or way too long rep time to effectively farm with them

Horus17, on 04 Jun 2013 - 15:33, said:

Horus17, on 04 Jun 2013 - 15:33, said:

What... if you aren't paying to repair them it costs nothing. So they're actually free to repair. And free is not an excessive expense.

Yes you have to wait to play them again. Woop de doo. Go outside.

Shiden Kai is already one of the best fighters available (for any nation) in HB, and it's about to get a major speed buff

So yes, there would be "a point" to getting it

medal medal

I feel I need to comment.  repair costs are based on average performance of a given plane.  the development clearly see the Japanese are performing well and as said above and in my own experiences Japanese planes regularly top score in arcade and win a large majority of the hb I have played in.  remember income is based of your performance and if your performing better then the rest your also earning more than the rest. the extra cost is more effective a balancer this way.  makes sense to me.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Person012345, on 04 Jun 2013 - 16:56, said:

What... if you aren't paying to repair them it costs nothing. So they're actually free to repair. And free is not an excessive expense.

Yes you have to wait to play them again. Woop de doo. Go outside.

I dont have a problem with waiting...but 16hrs for a lvl 6?!?!! A 410b1u2 cost 4.2k to repair (20hrs), 3 levels above, cheaper to repair directely and its at least in my opinion a MUCH more effective moneymaker than the Ki..

Its just if you are unlucky and get killed without doing much, or gods forbid, Bad Network connection disconnect, you simply burn lions flying ki61 then...

I remember one of my best HB battles.I shot down 4 planes with my Ki-61a in Khalkin Gol.The Russians haven't a big chance vs. Japanese...

I feel I need to comment.  repair costs are based on average performance of a given plane.  the development clearly see the Japanese are performing well and as said above and in my own experiences Japanese planes regularly top score in arcade and win a large majority of the hb I have played in.  remember income is based of your performance and if your performing better then the rest your also earning more than the rest. the extra cost is more effective a balancer this way.  makes sense to me.

fuck that lol, shiden doesn't justify 11k repair in arcade with the 2.5k repairs on the d13 spam.

i started playing japans after german nerf and soviet buff (especially re-tiering of La). i like japan planes very much (maybe not all, cos 1st Hien for me has not enough firepower) but this repair cost.... its a tragedy! over 5k for 6 tier in HB?????

why  :(s

"Children of a lesser god"

Japs dont have many "supporters", we rarely get some useful planes and some consider our planes as piece of crap. 

But ... if you learn how to use them, how to avoid dangerous situations than you will love them. About that repair cost, just stick to one-two planes and master your skills on them - the 8k repair cost on A6M3 might be high but when I learnt how to use it properly I just rarely have to pay whole repir bill. Sure, when my team looses than I die also but ... it happens rarely.

medal medal

~S~ Everyone,

Personally, I'm having a fun time flying my Ki-61 and A6M5 within the Historical Battle arena. I am making kills and using historically known tactics that work from flying many years within the FISC or full immersion squadron community of IL-2 1946. I also fly in that sim as well in the same setting.

I utilize my Track IR and fly only within the cockpit. Once the FRB arena opens up to Japan, I will be flying there. In the meantime, I can be patient for the Ki-84 as well as the Ki-100.

I would suggest just enjoying this game for what it is and the potentional that WT can provide for people. It is after all, a game to be enjoyed.
  • Upvote 4

japanese are op. they must be nerfed. repairs are so cheap. taking in consideration how expensive is paper these days, it must be a higher repair cost.

Well, I just don't see as many people using them compared to Russia or Germany. I am literally seeing Russian planes everywhere. O.O

So Japan is, IMO, kind of like a hidden gem.

Well, I just don't see as many people using them compared to Russia or Germany. I am literally seeing Russian planes everywhere. O.O

So Japan is, IMO, kind of like a hidden gem.

That's because Russian planes are easy to pick up and play, and come with a whole boatload of firepower. Japanese planes on the other hand require much more skill, and are thus less popular. It's a shame, because the agility of these aircraft is fantastic, and more than makes up for the somewhat light armament.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal