American APHE in mid- High Tier

Boomerchamp

Hello ! 
I usually dont post because most of my struggles comes from my performance but now i have to do it . I just got up to the BR range of 7.0 -7.7 in USA tech tree and i would like to ask for a solution with a decent problem in my opinion : the unplayable stock tanks in this BR for america ...The american mediums in this BR potencially have no chance against the enemies they facing as stock ...they have APCR stock round and as we all know thats useless in 99,9% of the times u have to shoot when i looked up the other rounds , i was hoping at least if i get a usable APHE round to spade the M48, BUT the APHE on the M48 has the same penetration as the M36 slugger's gun in 5.7 ...for gods sake even the russian Obj 906 has more penetration on its 85mm than the M48 on its 90mm and it has a stabilizer "becasue reasons". Give at least an APHE to the American meds as stock round as stock with at least 200-210 pen as the Russian meds have ...for example the T32 ( wich is really love since i got the APHE ) has a same 90mm gun but its APHE has 200+ pen and works more than fine ....what can we do against T54s , T10s , T62s with an apcr thats useless against sloped armor and of course they are faster and has better stock shell so cant even flank them, or survive them  ?  Do soething becasue right now the stock american mediums in 7.0-7.7 are unplayable ....the examples i brought up are here on pictures too ...7.0 with same caliber has more pen than a 7.7 that has a better gun on paper ...

shot 2017.12.05 13.31.19.jpg

shot 2017.12.05 13.31.38.jpg

shot 2017.12.05 13.32.11.jpg

medal medal medal medal

Be happy that APHE is as OP as it is now to begin with. At least you can effectively side shot everything with the grenade effect. APHE is supposed to be no better than AP. Ask for realistic (better) APCR performance, not for more broken APHE shells

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The post war US 90s from the M26 on should have around 190mm pen with the M82. I made the report but Gaijin rejected it. That may have been due to how I made the report, so I am going to try again. 

• Upvote 3

On 12/9/2017 at 7:47 PM, *MiseryIndex556 said:

The post war US 90s from the M26 on should have around 190mm pen with the M82. I made the report but Gaijin rejected it. That may have been due to how I made the report, so I am going to try again. 

When you suggest something to them to change, you have to include sources like manuals and technical testing.

medal medal

14 hours ago, athom said:

When you suggest something to them to change, you have to include sources like manuals and technical testing.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I remember being naive like that. If The Great Snail doesn't want to change something, it won't. If it wants to make something unhistorical, it will. Here's a DevBlog from 2015:

Notice the documents listing penetration for two 90mm rounds. It's funny how the current penetration for those rounds doesn't match the documents... :facepalm:

• Upvote 1
medal medal

16 hours ago, athom said:

Believe me, I’m well aware. The issue is not historical accuracy, it’s what Gaijin wants. Penetration, rounds available, armor layouts, round designations and things like that are all arbitrarily assigned by Gaijin. If they make a decision, no amount of historical documentation will change that. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

well my advise of a year experence of playing US line and spend roughly 400$ is: quite the game, if you cant quite the game then quite US line at 7.0+, it has no point to play them

slow, large profile, no armor, no stab,OHK ability, any other nation have good performance on 1 or 2 some even have 3  of this aspect, not US.

and US is and in the forseeable future still is THE ONLY NATION in this BR have no smoke launchers.

Edited by greedogre