Laffly W15T CC (Chasseur de Chars)

CaID

would you like to see Laffly W15T CC be added to the game?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see Laffly W15T CC be added to the game?

• Yes
    • Yes, as premium/gift/events vehicles
    • No

france_flag_by_think0-d563k6e.jpg

i would like to suggest an tank hunter for the low tier french tree, the Laffly W15T Chasseur de Chars

laffly_w15tcc_prot_3.jpg

The Laffly W15T CC was a self-propelled anti-tank gun made to be used in combat featuring an exelent mobility while keeping the effiency of the feild gun. the Laffly W15T CC was desing in december 1939 and the prototype was built in january of the next year. while the vehicles wasn't as good as expected, the Army wanted the self-propelled gun to be put in service. the intitial order was planing to built 50 Laffly W15T CC in a speed of 5 vehicles buil every 2 days but the need of the anti-tank vehicles was urgent and turn out that 70 Laffly W15t CC was built in a hurry and imediatly put into service even if some was not in the prototype standard (some was missing the main gun) 

laffly_w15tcc_prot_1.jpg

the Laffly W15T CC was carrying the APX 47mm SA mle 1937 who was the best french gun available against the tank at a long range, the effective penetration of the gun was reaching 60mm at 550m and 80mm at 180m. while bigger than the 25mm hotchkiss gun, the 47mm SA-37 was having the same fire rate of 15 to 20 shot per minutes. the Laffly W15T CC was repported to had engaged a approching units of 20 german tank the 5 jully 1940 on the Somme River between the cities of Abville and Bella. the few Laffly W15T CC opened fire at a distance of 2000m which a decent success whis halted the enemy and reportly destroyed 3 tanks and damaged serial other. saddly this squad of W15T CC was destroy the next morning in another firing position while trying to cover the retreat of the French cavalry against 50 german tank. 10 tanks was rapported to had been destroy this morning before the Laffly was burned down and the crew fleeing the burning vehicles, massacred by machine-gun. a total of 18 enemy was reported to had been destroyed by the Laffly W15T CC befor the french surrender to the German.

47mm_hotchkiss_cfb_borden_2.JPG

while the self-propelled anti-tank gun truck was built in a hurry, the armor of the vehicles was often reduced to save tank, the side pannel was sometime not even install to leave an exposed crow and sometime, even the main gun wasn't installed because of the rarity of the gun and only the AA LMG was left for main armament. the engine and chassis of the truck remained mostly the same, it was based on the Laffly S15. due to the extra weight of the armor and the gun, the W15T was only reaching the top speed of 60km/h and could only been used fo 300km on the full tank. the gun sheild was 7mm think while the shedding panel was giving an additional protection against the small arms (5 to 15mm). the top remained open and an LMG was installed facing the front the of the vehicles over the cockpit. the main gun was facing backward and 30 shell was stored int the truck. the truck was relatively small and the gun was the most efficient against the German tank in his time (which a few french gun was effective).

laffly15tcc_crash_1.jpg

BATTLE WEIGHT 6200 kg
CREW, people 4-5 (driver, commander, gunner, loaded and usually a machine-gunner)
DIMENSIONS
Length, mm 4500
Width, mm 1850
Height, mm 2450
Clearance, mm ?
ARMAMENT one cannon SA37 caliber 47 mm and one machine gun FM24 / 29 caliber 7,5 mm
BOKOMPLEKT 30 shells and 500 cartridges
EQUIPMENT INSTRUMENTS telescopic sight
BOOKING ?
ENGINE Hotchkiss, 4-cylinder, carburetor, 52 hp, volume 2312 ccm.
TRANSMISSION mechanical type: 4-speed gearbox, demultiplikator
CHASSIS wheel formula 6x6: single wheels, pneumatic tires, suspension on leaf springs
SPEED 60 km / h
RESERVE FOR A HIGHWAY 300 km

source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laffly_S15

http://aviarmor.net/tww2/armored_cars/france/laffly_w15tcc.htm

http://minitracks.forumpersos.com/t784-un-nouveau-chasseur-de-char-laffly

https://forum.axishistory.com//viewtopic.php?t=94522

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/47_mm_APX_anti-tank_gun

Edited by CaID
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 17
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The Laffly, I was recently questioning (to myself) why it wasn't implemented with 1.75, it was used quite a bit, and is pretty neat. 

Have a +1

Edited by xX_Lord_James_Xx
  • Upvote 2

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Xenecrite said:

Here is information about the gun :salute:

Hide contents

190803020955996907.jpg

Hide contents

190803020956258694.jpg

Hide contents

190803020956514646.jpg

man, you are a real jewel here

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes please. love these in ear;y war flames of war (table top). would love to drive one in warthunder

• 2 months later...

I would rather see the lorraine 37L 47sa37 or the conus gun than this only because of the aiming of the gun. Aiming only from the back and not even be capable to do it from the side. Maybe i'm wrong but the only pictures with a laffly w15tcc we can see the gun aiming at the back. 

Edited by Frizare
medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Frizare said:

Well let's hope gaijin will add the lorraine 37L 47sa37 to finaly have a great gun for the french T1

The AMD 35 47mm would do a better job as a tank destroyer.

And the Laffly could probably shoot sideways, as the cannon is laid on a roundish base that can rotate (probably), it is just that it would be dangerous for the chassis to shoot like that, but that won't be a problem in war thunder.

https://www.valka.cz/Laffly-W-15-TCC-t19782. weird site but i read 270° firing arc

Edited by nxdefiant001

26 minutes ago, nxdefiant001 said:

The AMD 35 47mm would do a better job as a tank destroyer.

And the Laffly could probably shoot sideways, as the cannon is laid on a roundish base that can rotate (probably), it is just that it would be dangerous for the chassis to shoot like that, but that won't be a problem in war thunder.

https://www.valka.cz/Laffly-W-15-TCC-t19782. weird site but i read 270° firing arc

the 47mn of the amd35 is the one that we already have ingame, the sa35. The sa37 is a (far) better 47mn, but none were on a amd 35, unlike the lorraine 37L

But if the Laffly can really be use with this firing arc of 270°, it's should be a great alternative to the lorraine 37L, better speed (maybe more amo too?) I really want to see how gaijin model the poor guys who have to be behind the gun

Edited by Frizare

20 hours ago, Frizare said:

But if the Laffly can really be use with this firing arc of 270°, it's should be a great alternative to the lorraine 37L, better speed (maybe more amo too?) I really want to see how gaijin model the poor guys who have to be behind the gun

As you can see from the pictures, there were at least two variant of W15T CC : one with mostly enclosed casemate (and limited firing arc), and the other with literally a gun bolted onto the back of a truck.

2 hours ago, FouManchou said:

As you can see from the pictures, there were at least two variant of W15T CC : one with mostly enclosed casemate (and limited firing arc), and the other with literally a gun bolted onto the back of a truck.

sorry i didn't say it but I was only refering about the production variant. The prototype, even if there is a better armor, is way too limited, in my opinion, in term of gameplay. But I didn't know if the open one could turn his gun or not.

20 hours ago, Frizare said:

sorry i didn't say it but I was only refering about the production variant. The prototype, even if there is a better armor, is way too limited, in my opinion, in term of gameplay. But I didn't know if the open one could turn his gun or not.

Both are "production" variants :

One is the "official" industrial production.
The other is the (practically) field-modification version that was rushed in service in april 1940.

• 7 months later...