Future of NATO 3 color camo scheme

TumblerSnapper

As we approach the later cold war era we have entered the timeframe for the NATO 3 color scheme for western forces. A early variant is currently shown on West German late tier tanks such as the KPz-70/mKPz M47 etc. The only issue I have with it is the color proportions and design shape. It should be roughly 40/40/20 (Green/black/brown) but this varies vehicle to vehicle. I just wanted to post this US document for painting NATO 3 color on to practically any US vehicle you can imagine as well as giving the art team an idea of the proper procedure for painting these vehicles. I do this in hopes that if/when the time comes to introduce vehicles of this era for the US, that the colors and designs are done properly. This document is for the CARC NATO 3 Color woodland adopted by NATO forces by mid 1980s. I will also be doing another post in hopes of adding more MERDC to go along with the MERDC winter verdant (labeled as late forest in game) for current US vehicles.

I added the Technical manual below and will include the direct link http://8tharmy.korea.army.mil/safety/Toolbox/resources/Publications/TB43-209.pdf as well.

TB43-209.pdf

Edited by Radom
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 years later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As 3-tone CARC has been previously added to US vehicles,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions. :salute: