Vautour IIN  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the Vautour II N in game

• Yes
    • No

I would like to propose the Vautour II N for the French Tech Tree

13125L.jpg

FACTS :

The Vautour IIN was a two-seat, all-weather interceptor with DRAC-25AI or DRAC-32AI radar in nose, pilot and co-pilot in tandem seats, armed with cannon, air-to-air missiles, and unguided rockets. The Vautour IIN is the most produced Vautour with 70 aircrafts build. The Vautour IIN was used by the French (63) and Israeli Air Force (7)

1024px-Vautour_IIN.svg.png

Vautour IIN with Cyrano radar 

vautourn-2.gif

General characteristics

• Crew: 2
  • Length: 15.84 m
  • Wingspan: 15.10 m
  • Height: 4.77 m
  • Wing area: 45.0 m²
  • Empty weight: 10,000 kg
  • Loaded weight: 14,700 kg
  • Max. takeoff weight: 20,000 kg
  • Fuel provisions Internal fuel: 4426 L, Drop tanks: 2x1300 L and Weapons bay fuel 3000 L
  • Powerplant: 2xSNECMA Atar 101E-5 Turbojets developing 34,32kN of trust each

Performance

• Maximum speed: 1,160 km/h at sea level
  • One of the test flights in France, from Mulan-Villaroche to Istres, a distance of 590 km. was completed in 30 min. in a measured average speed of 1,180 kmh!
  • Range: 5,400 km
  • Service ceiling: 15,240 m
  • Rate of climb: 60.00 m/s (clean)

Armament

• Guns: 4 X 30mm DEFA 552A Cannons with 100 rounds per gun (rate of fire 1200 r/min)
  • Rockets: Matra Type 104A NUR SNEB Type 22 116 x 68mm 
  • Missiles 4 X R.511 Matra 
  • Bombs: 10x 750lb or 10x 500lb or 10x 250lb or 6x1000lb

Vautour.jpg                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       t_r511_481.jpg

SOURCES :

https://web.archive.org/web/20091028190626/http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/1467/index.htm

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/fighter/vaut2n.html

http://en.valka.cz/topic/view/62964/FRA-R-511

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/france/sudaviation/vautour.html - Flight manual

PERSONAL OPINION :

I would think the Vautour IIN would be a really nice addition to War Thunder with a BR min of 9.0 and later even more.. it fits perfectly into late Tier 5 or early Tier 6.

Edited by Radom
I added the prefix and a source that I forgot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 18
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Something about the design screams Me 262 at me, in a good way. With the swept-back wings and engines hanging off of the wings, along with the nose mounted weapon setup.

the fighter-interceptor version of the Vautour? sure- but it has to be a tier 6. it's top speed and acceleration combined is both WAY too high. even our current 9.0+ jets like the MiG-17A, CL-13A mk.5, F-86F-40, and Hunter whose horizontal top speed caps at just over 1100kph would damn near be no match for this thing without a big handicap.

currently its basement rating would be tier 6 10.0. but that would just extend the jet RB black hole to 9.0-10.0 without decompression to put the straight-wing 9.0s out of reach.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

no France does not need a nother vatour right now, especially not one with that high performance for tier 5 9.0 b.r

IF or rather when tier 6 becomes a thing, sure.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I know what you mean guys but, it's the most produced Vautour and it could really be a good tier 6 plane. The missiels that he has are early type. If it gets added before the tier 6 then he could only have cannons and bombs. And believe me when it's fully loaded the speed is far away from 1160kmh

• Like 1

The listed speed spec you have (which is pulled from airwars.ru) is almost certainly wrong.

The Vautour II.N uses the same engines as the Vautour II.B (Atar 101E-5s that net ~8600 lbf each). It also uses the all-flying tail from the Vautour II.B without any other structural changes to the airframe beyond accommodating the two-seat tandem cockpit configuration.

Considering the Vautour II.B and II.N are nearly identical in all physical regards but what I listed above, I have strong reason to believe the speeds should be fairly similar to the Vautour II.B currently in-game. For reference, you can view the Vautour II.B's performance here.

I'm currently in the process of reading and translating the performance specs for the Vautour II.N, but I'm 99% sure it will confirm this.

To be honest, I'm not sure how airwars.ru is considered a legitimate source for suggestion-making, but I suppose such decision making is beyond my jurisdiction. Nevertheless, this plane is absolutely gorgeous, would be balanced within current Tier 5 (since the performance would be the same, if not slightly worse than the Vautour II.B), and has every right to be included in the French tree as the "final" Vautour. After all, France largely operated this variant of the Vautour in conjunction with the II.B. The Vautour II.A in-game was an early type that was primarily operated by Israel.

• Upvote 1

I was not sure about the speed but I think it should be better then the B version it uses different engines.

But I would settle if it has the same speed as the B version in game.

5 hours ago, AnelToro089 said:

I was not sure about the speed but I think it should be better then the B version it uses different engines.

But I would settle if it has the same speed as the B version in game.

Nope, as I explained in my post above, both the II.B and the II.N use the exact same engines.

3 minutes ago, AnelToro089 said:

Its debatable.. the max speed should be different anyways.. 

When both their manuals state that they use the same engine, there's nothing up for debate.

The II.N isn't going to magically gain an extra 60 kph speed by doing no modifications to it beyond incorporating a second seat and an AFT.

21 hours ago, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

Only for tier 6 for obvious reasons

Nah I dont think so.. its an 100% tier 5, but only if it had the air to air and stuff then its a tier 6.. But if hes only loaded with bombs that top speed doesent mean nothing

On 2/15/2018 at 9:53 AM, AnelToro089 said:

Nah I dont think so.. its an 100% tier 5, but only if it had the air to air and stuff then its a tier 6.. But if hes only loaded with bombs that top speed doesent mean nothing

this. now that we know it's really just an armed Vautour B, it seems a lot less like a super-transsonic. just a very powerful and versatile transsonic that can hold on to speed VERY well.

wonder if its turning is any better that the A or B?

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Admiral_Aruon said:

this. now that we know it's really just an armed Vautour B, it seems a lot less like a super-transsonic. just a very powerful and versatile transsonic that can hold on to speed VERY well.

wonder if its turning is any better that the A or B?

Considering it has a higher wing-loading than the II.B due to a higher weight across the same wing surface area, it will turn worse if anything.

10 hours ago, Aquilachrysaetos said:

Considering it has a higher wing-loading than the II.B due to a higher weight across the same wing surface area, it will turn worse if anything.

head-on here i come!

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Admiral_Aruon said:

head-on here i come!

Lol it's one of the best head-on planes in the game

• 3 months later...