(Bulgaria) Skoda T-11 (modified Pz.35(t))

stefffff1871

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE T-11 BE ADDED TO THE GAME?   

50 members have voted

1. 1. WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE T-11 BE ADDED TO THE GAME?

• yes
    • Yes, as premium/gift/events vehicles
    • no, because...

Flaggenbild.jpg

this suggestion is made in support to the addition of the the Minor Axis-Nation

i would like to suggest the "unique" tank in bulgarian service during the second world war:  T-11

image.png.460f14acf662c064eef082394c2ca7

In.1939, Adolf Hitler made the decision for the delivery of armament to politically important countries, putting Bulgaria at first place. In the end of the same year, with the war already going on, a contract was made between Bulgaria and the german "Ausfuhrgeselschaft fur Kriegsgerat GmbH"-Berlin for the delivery of 36 former czech military vehicles.

In 1940, the first 26 Panzer 35(t) arrived in Bulgaria from the reserves of the german Army. The vehicles of the second shipment arrived in the period from August to October of 1940 and consisted of 10 machines of the same type, but completly new, directly from the "Skoda-Werke". The history of those last 10 tank began in 1938, when Afghanistan ordered them from Skoda, but armed with the better 37 mm L/47.8 gun of the Lt vz. 38 (Panzer 38(t), with factory name A-7, instead of the standard 37mm A-3 L/40 gun. The German occupation of Czechoslovakia in the same year stopped this deal. These tanks, were purchased by Bulgaria for 945.000 Reichsmarks.

Till October of 1940, all the 36 Skoda LT vz. 35 tanks were delivered, with the needed equipment, instruments and basic spare parts. In the bulgarian army these tanks were given the name combat car "Skoda". In some documents from the period before the end of 1942, can be seen the name combat cars ‘Skoda’ T-11 – to make difference between the machines, armed with the A-7 gun, and the ones with the standard A-3 gun.

Bulgarian T11Czech LT Vz 35, 1937

T-11                                                                                                         normal Škoda-CKD LT vz. 35

image.png.5aae5fa985f67502368863af0408db

Notice that the first 3 tanks on the picture have the A-7 gun

Specifications
Weight 10,5t
Length

4,90m

Width  2,06m
Height 2,37m
Crew 3-4

Armor 15-25mm
Main
armament
37mm Skoda A7 gun
Secondary
armament
2× 7.92 mm ZB-53 machine guns
Engine Praga Typ TNHPS/II
water-cooled, 6-cylinder gasoline engine
Power/weight 13.15 hp/ton
Operational
range

250 km (road)

100 km (cross-country)

Speed

42 km/h (road)

15 km/h (off-road)

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/czech/Skoda_CKD_LT-Vz-35.php

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerkampfwagen_35(t)

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/the-skoda-tank-in-the-bulgarian-army.htm

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well while I've always advocated for more nations to be added in, and even more on how we need more lower BR bracket vehicles, I'd certainly have to say that I think that for in order for the idea, or something very close, to be important enough to help the games growth it would then have to be able to draw in a lot of interest towards the whole idea of the rest of that nations tree. 

Now if this vehicle is extremely easy for the team to bring in, and then somehow could bring it to us quickly, then I for sure think it would certainly be able to stir up a lot of lost interest that is left floating around peoples thoughts drifting about. 

I'll be completely honest though because I would for sure want something a little more larger so it would give us the bigger boom in-game;everyone loves things that go boom.

But hey whatever works best and this vehicle looks extremely small and practical so it should certainly be used for a lot of good.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...