Allow Indicated Airspeed (IAS) and True Airspeed (TAS) to be displayed simultaneously

Th3hadyn

Indicated and True air speed being displayed simultaneously   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a feature you would be interested seeing implemented into the game?

• Yes
    • No

Currently in War Thunder air forces, you have to choose between using IAS and TAS. The only time that both do display, sometimes, is if you are using IAS and move close to your redline speed at higher altitudes. Thus my suggestion is to allow both to be displayed all the time giving a better idea of how fast your aircraft is moving. A rather simple feature, but a helpful one non the less, especially when concerning higher altitudes. Also for someone who likes to have as much information as possible when in flight, this will also be a useful feature.

TL;DR In air forces there should be an option that allows you to display IAS and TAS simultaneously.

Thanks for looking into this suggestion, feel free to leave your thoughts down below.

Edited by Th3hadyn
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 17
medal medal medal medal medal

I have been wanting it for long time already, but my suggestion was rejected. Hopefully this one gets passed.

Very simple change to the game's code (not more than 10 minutes needed) and very usefull.

medal

12 minutes ago, PainGod85 said:

Yes, I would not mind this.

(Plus, it would save players who enjoy both props and jets the hassle to switch back and forth in the options menu.)

This. Especially since in jets like MiG-15 you climb by TAS. Yet I can't maximize my climb speed because I can't have the TAS on all the time because at altitude above like 2000m I need to know the IAS to understand what I can and cannot do.

We need this

medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.

• 7 months later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the ability to use both IAS and TAS at the same time has been implemented with update 1.97 Viking Fury,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions.:salute: