Graphical improvements (Fire & explosions mostly)

JustAGuy1250

So, Now with 1.77 released with almost all the graphics improved there is one thing that has been left out .. alot.

Im talking about Fire & Explosions, Since i have multiple topics im talking about them in seperate pieces starting with:

Burning tanks

After a tank is destroyed it starts burning, fairly normal, but it then turns grey from the fire within seconds which i find could be improved to where it slowly turns grey over time!

I understand this might be used to prevent people from thinking its a live player thats still fighting but how about adding this just in RB and/or SB but NOT in AB

Since RB and SB are focusing on realism more then AB i think this feature would be pretty cool to see in 1.79 or 1.81!

Here is a screenshot of what its now and what im suggesting it should change to:

Now:                                                                                                                         Suggestion:

5aba7f1d0bbd6_shot2018_03_2719_27_10.thu5aba7f1c0a5f4_shot2018_03_2719_01_44.thu

Fire Physics

The second thing im suggestion is the physics of the flames coming out the tank after you've been shot or destroyed.

Now the fire comes out of the tank Around the hatches and engine deck but it still comes out through big metal plates with no cracks in them at all which in real life would make it impossible for fire to exit the vehicle from there!

What im suggesting is that it would be cool to see fire actually exit through hatches & the engine deck where fire is able to come out of.

(and maby smoke coming out the barrel is a neat little feature aswell but its not a priority would this be accepted into a patch)

Here's a screenshot of how it is now:     5aba7f1d80b20_shot2018_03_2719_27_18.thu

As you can see, the fire comes out the engine deck & turret but you can clearly see the fire coming out the front of the turret which is completely sealed off (see the first picture of the IT-1 in the topic above)

Fire & Explosion 

And last but not least, maby a general update to Fire & Explosions textures should be done aswell to keep up with the rest of the beautifull graphics.

Let me know what you think aswell, do you think this is a good idea or would you do something diffrent?

• Upvote 18
medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

They are working on the mentioned graphic improvements now. Possibly the next patch. 1.79. Lighting is also in the works. As is sound. Do a quick search and you should find a Q/A about upcoming changes.  

The link:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Frykoszet.info%2F2018%2F03%2F26%2Fwywiad-z-tworcami-gry-odpowiada-vyacheslav-bulannikov%2F&edit-text=

Edited by BigC_81
medal medal

16 hours ago, BigC_81 said:

They are working on the mentioned graphic improvements now. Possibly the next patch. 1.79. Lighting is also in the works. As is sound. Do a quick search and you should find a Q/A about upcoming changes.  

The link:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Frykoszet.info%2F2018%2F03%2F26%2Fwywiad-z-tworcami-gry-odpowiada-vyacheslav-bulannikov%2F&edit-text=

+1 I support this and its encouraging to see that its in the works JustAGuy1250.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Smoke going straight up like wind doesn't exist when smoke being realistically carried sideways has been present in games for more than a decade is inexcusable. Especially with how iconic the black smoke belching out of burning tanks and floating across the ground is in war photography.

medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

All the rockets seem to use the same generic explosion. And bombs have this odd kind of "gel" or "jelly" initial fire to them. It doesn't really feel impactful. 

As a bomber player, seeing my bombs drop and waiting for them to hit is one of the most satisfying moments but the explosions themselves just don't have the "ooomph" or dynamic element to really "sell" it and really make the experience worth being enthusiastic over. 

Edited by CheapSushi
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/11/2018 at 19:42, CheapSushi said:

All the rockets seem to use the same generic explosion. And bombs have this odd kind of "gel" or "jelly" initial fire to them. It doesn't really feel impactful. 

As a bomber player, seeing my bombs drop and waiting for them to hit is one of the most satisfying moments but the explosions themselves just don't have the "ooomph" or dynamic element to really "sell" it and really make the experience worth being enthusiastic over. 

Imho this could be said about all impact or explosion effects.

medal medal medal

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 13/10/2018 at 23:45, Eggsausagesexist said:

I would love to see a complete FX overhaul. Smoke, water, oil, even effect on windscreens. Explosions should look better. 

This yes. Better fire and explosives.

Also it would be nice to have the option to enable shadows for tank fires.

dd7pqjh-41a2c7e4-c2ef-45ee-9d27-92f56eee

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

As fires and explosions have been improved with update 1.97 Viking Fury,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions.:salute: