Macchi C.200 Serie 1 (and also revamping the C.200 Models)

Shepard_FR

The first series Macchi C.200  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the Macchi C.200 Serie 1 in War Thunder ?

• Yes, as a tech tree plane
    • Yes, as a buyable premium
    • Yes, as an event reward
    • No
  2. 2. Would you like to have a remodel of the current C.200 Serie 3 and C.200 Serie 7 ?

• Yes
    • No

Hi,

After getting my last suggestion about the Fiat G.50 Serie 1 and the remodeling of the already existing G.50 models, I decided to do the same with another old Italian planes series : the C.200s.

Macchi-MC200-5.jpg.1b25c80b888311b03223f

So this topic will be pretty similar to the last one I made about the G.50, you can check it out here if you missed it :

(Don't forget to upvote and comment in the glory of Spaghet...)

So, the C.200 Serie 1, what is this ?

The C.200 Serie 1 are the first Saettas produced (duh). They had the same feature as the first G.50 Series, that means a fully enclosed cockpit like most monoplane designs of the time. But, Italians being Italians, pilots were too old fashionned for modern looking, enclosed bubble canopies and complained about the feature, saying the prefered the old open-top style from biplanes.

That means that where the G.50's canopy design was changed for technical reasons (fragile plexiglas canopy, exhaust fumes in the cockpit...), the C.200's design was also changed, but only because of biplane pilots not liking the enclosed cockpits...

Macchi-MC200-1.thumb.jpg.c02f68190cee3c4

(The canopy opens and closes by sliding the top back and forth, here in the "open" position)

The plane's performances between the 2 cockpit configurations (opened and enclosed) barely changed, so a C.200 Serie 1 would pretty much have the same performances as the other ones. It's just that it looks cooler with the enclosed cockpit in my opinion. :p:

But still, here are a reminder of what the C.200 performances were like :

Powerplant : Fiat A.74 RC.38 engine, 840hp

Armament : 2 x 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT MGs

Payload : up to 300kg of bombs under the wings

Crew : 1

Length : 8.25m

Width : 10.58m

Height : 3.05m

Empty weight : 1965kg

Maximum take off weight : 2400kg

Maximum Speed : 512km/h (at 6000m)

Range : 504km

Service Ceiling : 8900m

Payload configurations :

- 8 x 15kg bombs

- 2 x 50kg bombs

- 2 x 100kg bombs

- 2 x 150kg bombs

A bunch of cool looking skins could be made for the plane as well :

Spoiler

Macchi-MC200-2.thumb.jpg.2b1aa75009eac02Macchi-MC200-3.jpg.ecda00d588bd1c325d592

The plane could be a researchable Italian plane as well as a premium/reward as it represents "only" 240 aircrafts out of the 1153 (including the prototypes) ever built.

Macchi-MC200-4.jpg.0fbc21746f259fab5b314

(One of the C.200 prototypes, also with the bubble canopy)

By working on a new C.200 model, it would give the occasion to Gaijin to remodel the older models, even if they are not the worst older models (compared to the G.50 models at least).

So, what do you guys think ?

Sources :

https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=405

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macchi_C.200

http://www.avionslegendaires.net/avion-militaire/macchi-mc-200-saetta/ (in French)

Edited by Shepard_FR
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/04/2018 at 5:26 AM, _Condottiero_ said:

+ we need more italian planes)

and one more, I want this version of MC.200 too:https://live.warthunder.com/post/667243/en/

Interesting variant indeed. I might concider making a suggestion about this one if no one does it in the following days.

You may be also interested by this plane :

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

That would be a pretty cool addition since the different canopy makes it look quite distinctive. +1

On a slightly related note, I read that some late MC 200 were built with wings intended for the MC 202 which meant that they had the possibility of having 7,7mm machine guns installed. Having a late MC 200 with two additional small calibre MG might be worth a suggestion too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

On 15/04/2018 at 7:38 PM, AtomicPope said:

That would be a pretty cool addition since the different canopy makes it look quite distinctive. +1

On a slightly related note, I read that some late MC 200 were built with wings intended for the MC 202 which meant that they had the possibility of having 7,7mm machine guns installed. Having a late MC 200 with two additional small calibre MG might be worth a suggestion too.

Another interesting "variant" that I already proposed was the MC.201, it's pretty much a MC.200 with a lowered cockpit to make it more streamlined.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.

• Like 1