super_cacti

• Suggestion Moderator

Hey everyone, today I want to talk about all the T-35 variants (including the SU-14).

So let's begin! :popcorn:

Now to get this clear, the T-35-1 and 2 are not T-35's. I know it sounds weird, but the actual T-35A has the same layout as the T-35-1 and 2, but other then that they are considered different tanks. They simply share the same name.

T-35-1

Spoiler

This is the first T-35 to be produced. It had a round shaped main turret with a 76.2mm PS-3 gun and four smaller turrets. Two of wich had a 37mm PS-2 guns, and the other two DT-29 machineguns.

Something the T-35-1 and 2 have that makes them stand out from the T-35A, is the angled front hull armour and driver hatches.

Spoiler

c07ba0ea41df95b01e6607abf829d134.jpg

rOhEpAS.jpg

T-35-2

Spoiler

This one mounted the more familiar main turret that you see can see on other Russian tanks to. And it received a different engine.

Other then that the weapons remained the same.

Spoiler

S1LBAzR.jpg

T-35A Model 1935

Spoiler

This is the T-35 we all know and love (or hate). It's the same tank we have ingame right now.

I feel like there is not much to talk about, just test drive it yourself and see how it performs!

Spoiler

T-35_01.jpg

t35-soviet-1930s-tank.jpg

T-35A Model 1938 (234-42)

Spoiler

This name is not a variant of the T-35. It's the serial number of a T-35.

This one was part of a plan to upgrade/modernise the T-35. It's front hull armour was increased from 20mm to 30mm.

And the biggest difference is the complete redesign of the turrets. They all recieved 30mm of armour that was on a slight angle, thus making the turrets stronger.

Spoiler

0M3gcsT.png

oDi8rqR.png

T-35A Model 1938 (234-64)

Spoiler

This was part of the last T-35’s to be produced. The only changes it recieved where redesigned skirts, new escape hatches and the removal of the machinegun mounted on the back of the main turret.

Spoiler

nUZ3VQF.png

T-35B

Spoiler

This was an attempt to upgrade the engine of the T-35 to either a BD-1 (400 hp) and a BD-2 (700 hp).

The BD-2A was chosen for tests, but the engine was never mouted on a T-35 and nothing became of the project.

There are no images of this. Plus there wouldn't be any visual difference.

SU-14

Spoiler

This was a heavy self-propelled gun based on the chassis of the T-35. Altough they where planned to go into production, this never happend.

The existing prototypes later took part in the defense of Moscow in 1941 alongside the prototype SU-100Y.

The first prototype carried a 203mm M1931 howitzer.

Spoiler

Prototype_of_SU-14_in_trial,_1934.jpg

SU-14_SU-14-1_1936.jpg

SU-14-1

Spoiler

This is pretty much the SU-14 but then armed with a 152mm M1935.

Spoiler

01_zpsszd1kxfg.jpg

latest?cb=20151202003420

SU-14-2

Spoiler

The existing SU-14-1's where later uparmoured, giving it the look of a big tank destroyer.

Spoiler

da3e8e9665bad361e5b573ae0615966a.jpg

c1pk0pno6w101.jpg

Sources

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/soviet/t-35-prototypes

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/soviet/soviet_T-35.php

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SU-14

Check out my other TankSeries posts here! :good:

Spoiler

Or maybe you'll be interested in my other series of posts. The PlaneSeries! :yes_yes_yes:

Spoiler

Edited by super_cacti
Changed some names of the T-35.
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

• Suggestion Moderator
6 hours ago, *cartman400 said:

T-35B as a 1.7 Premium. :)

Well it was never actualy build, But considering it’s only an engine change, it would be Nice to have ingame :yes_yes_yes:

• 9 months later...
7 minutes ago, saiphun988 said:

I know it's old but.. huh would it be possible for later variants to be added into the game?

Sure, but only through Suggestions. There might be some in the relevant section of Passed for Consideration. Worth a look.

Maybe a future BP 1st reward. UK and US had theirs, so someone else in Season 3 I presume.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator
1 hour ago, saiphun988 said:

I know it's old but.. huh would it be possible for later variants to be added into the game?

1 hour ago, Deranger79 said:

Sure, but only through Suggestions. There might be some in the relevant section of Passed for Consideration. Worth a look.

Maybe a future BP 1st reward. UK and US had theirs, so someone else in Season 3 I presume.

There is a suggestion for the later model already made actually.

• Upvote 2