FCM F1 Heavy Tank

Xenecrite

Should the FCM F1 be added to the game?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think?

FCM F1

History:

The FCM F1 where FCM Model Fortress 1 is a tank rupture or super-heavy tank type "Fortress Earth" intended to break the armored lines and fortifications enemy, developed in France by the Forges and Chantiers de la Méditerranée. Twelve copies of this F1 model were ordered in 1940 to replace the 2C tank.
Its design was based on its main mission, the assault of the most fortified points of the Siegfried line.
Only a demonstration tank was designed and armed for the official presentation. However, all reports concerning this tank were captured by the German invader. When the Germans captured Le Havre, an F1 FCM was in the final phase of mounting the turrets, the plans were captured, the model and the factory destroyed without any other form of trial.
The tank was massive with 139 tons, a crew of 9 cuirassiers, 10 meters long and 3 wide, a laminated armor of 120 mm front and rear, 100 mm flank that can cash up to the artillery pieces of artillery fire. 15 cm or anti-tanks of 128 of the Siegfried line and of the highest German calibres of the time.
Two 550 hp engines brought its 139 tonnes to 24 km / h on the road, with only a slight loss of speed uphill. By cons its mechanics prevented any acceleration in descents.
This principle was supposed to allow the FCM F1 to evolve on any surface, until important inclinations even of face downhill without loss of control while controlling the maneuver.
Its mass of 139 tons made it able to crush the protection known as dragon tooth with ease, within the limit of its maneuverability.

Picture:

Spoiler

cmip.jpg

Blueprint:

Spoiler

1vl6.jpg

Color:

Spoiler

ba13.jpg

Weapons:

Primary Armament:
1 x Canon DCA modèle 1926 L/50 de 90 mm:

Shell:88

Picture:

Spoiler

6e3m.jpg

Blueprint:

Spoiler

gsho.jpg

Shell::

- HE: OEA Mle 1925

- Starshell: OEcl Mle 1926

- Incendiary: OI Mle 1927

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNFR_35-50_m1926.php

Second Armament:

1 x Canon antichar SA37 modèle 1937 de 47 mm

Shell:100

Picture:

Spoiler

9fz9.jpg

Shell:

- Obus de rupture Mle1936 (APCBC)

- Obus explosif Mle1932 M39 (HE)

Third Armament:

6 x Machine gun Hotchkiss model 1914

Picture:

Spoiler

461f.jpg

Blueprint:

Spoiler

c16c.jpg

Cartridge:

-mle 1886 D (balle de 12,8 g à bout pointu en laiton, charge de 3 g de poudre BN3FD)
-mle 1886 D à balle traçante T (balle de 11,2 g en laiton et composition tracante, charge de 3 g de poudre BFP1)
-mle 1886 D à balle perforante P (balle de 9,6 g en laiton et noyau d'acier, charge de 3,2 g de poudre BFP1)
-mle 1886 D à balle fraisée (balle de 12,3 g en laiton, charge de 3,2 g de poudre BFP1)
-mle 1886 M Incendiaire
-mle 1932 N (balle à bout pointu en plomb chemisé de cupro-nickel,charge de 3 g de poudre BPa 0,3)

http://www.armeetpassion.com/8 lebel.html

http://armesfrancaises.free.fr/Mitr Hotchkiss 14.html

https://wikimaginot.eu/V70_glossaire_detail.php?id=1000022&su=Mitrailleuse_HOTCHKISS_calibre_8_mm_modéle_1914_-_

Source:

L'Automobile Sous L'Uniforme 1939-1940

Spoiler

zwrk.jpg

Kenneth W Estes, Super-heavy Tanks of World War II, Osprey Publishing, 2014, 48 p.

Spoiler

bnl1.jpg

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCM_F1

https://www.chars-francais.net/2015/index.php/liste-chronologique/de-1930-a-1940?task=view&id=723

https://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=529

https://forum.valka.cz/topic/view/37384/FCM-F1

Edited by Xenecrite
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i'm for the FCM F1 in any kind of premium or event form. +1 

i can't wait to see some superheavies from the only nation that made a habit of actually building them.

also interesting to note that the FCM was nearly finished before it was captured and destroyed. kind of surprised the germans just got rid of it since hitler was obsessed with giant projects like this.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I chose normal because heavy tanks French sides
there were not any masses to go by the Char Bis and the FCM 2c
the french have more used American tanks
the less FCM F1 is 100% french
Twelve copies of this FCM F1 model were ordered in 1940 to replace the FCM 2c
tank.

Edited by Xenecrite
medal medal medal medal

I keep hearing that the FCM F1 was in the process of being built, but I've never seen anyone present a solid source of that except for the French Wikipedia. If it was in-fact being built, then I would love it to be in the game, don't care if it's premium or not. If it wasn't, I'm very much iffy on that.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Muammar_Gaddaf69 said:

I keep hearing that the FCM F1 was in the process of being built, but I've never seen anyone present a solid source of that except for the French Wikipedia. If it was in-fact being built, then I would love it to be in the game, don't care if it's premium or not. If it wasn't, I'm very much iffy on that.

I agree with you. I find it curious that no photo aside from this one was ever taken of the construction, even by the Germans. It was the same for the ARL Tracteur C, which only had photos of the wooden model :

arl-tracteur-c_02.jpg

medal medal medal medal

@Muammar_Gaddaf69

@Arghail

before posting the topic I did a lot of research on this tank is in a book that is entitled "L'Automobile Sous L'Uniforme 1939-1940"

this book tells all the vehicles of the French army from 1900-1945.
There is an article on the FCM F1 and that the wooden model was really well made in Le Havre and it was actually photographed on April 6, 1940 in Marseille
But on the other hand it is true that it is the only known photograph to date which shows the existence of mastodon.
But in the archives a second prototype would have emerged and that the order of 12 super heavy tanks to pass the French army is true.
We can see in the book the names of the tanks that the French company
" Forges et Chantiers de la Méditerranée " to actually manufacture.

Spoiler

m30w.jpg

Edited by Xenecrite
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator

I would love to see more superheavy’s in the main techtree of a nation!

This would be amazing ingame :yes_yes_yes:

• Upvote 1

only problem with this tank: balancing

you have plenty of armor, but firepower is pretty questionable, yes it have 90mm but without ANY armor piercing shells, even when checking it in "identification of the parameters of naval artillery" catalog congaing most of WW1, pre-WW2 and WW2 AP rounds for guns used by navy (as 90mm was), so you rely on 47mm cannon with while having somewhat decent penetration, is still lacking against 3.3-3.7br tanks and it is solid shoot.

medal medal

So this is it
what does that normally give the penetration of

Canon DCA modèle 1926 L/50 de 90 mm
OEA"Obus en Acier" Mle 1925:

Spoiler

g5c0.jpg

http://tankarchives.blogspot.com/p/demarre-calculator.html

Canon antichar SA37 modèle 1937 de 47 mm

Obus de rupture Mle1936 (APCBC)

106 mm 0° à 110 yards, 89 mm 0° at 600 yards, 72 mm 0° at 1100 yards, 57 mm 0° at 1640 yards

60 mm 30° at 600 yards
80 mm 15° at 200 yards

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_antichar_de_47_mm_modèle_1937

http://www.tbof.us/data/atg/47mm/47mm_mle1937_anti_tank_gun.htm

Edited by Xenecrite
  • Like 3
medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

+1.

USA have T28, Germany have MAUS (and E100), Great Britain have Tortoise, Russian have IS-7, Japanese have I-O (not yet in game), Italian have... i cant remember.

Only France dont have any big monster.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Suggestion Moderator
On 09/05/2019 at 19:54, Hanjo said:

+1.

USA have T28, Germany have MAUS (and E100), Great Britain have Tortoise, Russian have IS-7, Japanese have I-O (not yet in game), Italian have... i cant remember.

Only France dont have any big monster.

Fiat 2000 for Italy :D

Spoiler

8j4fq16icth01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Seeing as low tier has been inundating with c&p crap courtesy of the Chinese tree (with more c&p crap to come!), it would be nice to see some more things that were unique to a certain country. And this would certainly be unique. 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2019 at 18:19, Matt_82 said:

Seeing as low tier has been inundating with c&p crap courtesy of the Chinese tree (with more c&p crap to come!), it would be nice to see some more things that were unique to a certain country. And this would certainly be unique. 

If when you researched a vehicle, it appeared in every applicable tree, the copypasta wouldn't bother me. It's the fact that you have to grind stuff twice. Like, if you unlocked the M3 Stuart for America, you should get it for China too. That way, we can have trees that only have one or two unique vehicles in an era while keeping them playable. And most of those trees, China, Israel, Korea, Brazil, expand out into their own trees with enough later era vehicles to be viable. This is my alternative to the "unlock at a certain era in another tree, like helicopters" idea. That said, if you lumped early eras/early era vehicles into another tree and spun it off in another era, that wouldn't be so bad. i.e. Israel spins off America, Korea spins off China, Yugoslavia spins off, say, USSR. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, PrussianOwl said:

If when you researched a vehicle, it appeared in every applicable tree, the copypasta wouldn't bother me. It's the fact that you have to grind stuff twice. Like, if you unlocked the M3 Stuart for America, you should get it for China too. That way, we can have trees that only have one or two unique vehicles in an era while keeping them playable. And most of those trees, China, Israel, Korea, Brazil, expand out into their own trees with enough later era vehicles to be viable. This is my alternative to the "unlock at a certain era in another tree, like helicopters" idea. That said, if you lumped early eras/early era vehicles into another tree and spun it off in another era, that wouldn't be so bad. i.e. Israel spins off America, Korea spins off China, Yugoslavia spins off, say, USSR. 

This, this I support.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal