Sho't Kal Dalet

PremierHWBush

Vehicle Poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this vehicle added to the game?

• Yes
    • Yes as a Premium Vehicle
    • No

Sho't Kal Dalet

Sho't ("whip" in Hebrew) was the designation given to the Centurion series of MBT by the Israeli Defense Force from the late "50s" to the late "80s". The first Sho'ts were delivered in 1959, configured as Mk.III or Mk.V/1 models, equipped with the QF 20Lb gun, Rolls-Royce Meteor engine, and Merrit-Brown 5 Speed Z51R Mk. F gearbox. By 1974 all IDF Sho'ts were upgraded to "Kal" standards, receiving a Continental AVDS-1790-2A diesel engine, an Allison CD850-Sho't Kal Dalet, Lebanon, 19826 transmission (brining the top speed up to 30mph, and bringing the turning radius down from 27m to 14m) and a license built version of the L7 105mm cannon with an ammo count of 71 shells. 

The Sho't Kal Dalet was the end of the long line of IDF modifications to their MBTs. Whilst retaining the improvements of the Kal upgrade, the Dalet improved upon them. An improved turret rotation mechanism was added, along with improved fire control systems, addition of a laser rangefinder, upgrade of the frontal hull armour (brining it up to 114mm), a thermal sleeve and new stabilizer for the 105mm gun, the mounting of turret roof MGs (usually 1x50cal and 2x30cal),improved smoke grenades (similar to the Magach 3) and the addition of Blazer ERA armour to the turret and front of hull. By the late "70s" APFSDS rounds were also available to the IDF Sho't crews. 

shot_kal_05.jpg.5963355fe4287a5366612ef5

I think the Sho't Kal Dalet would make an excellent Rank V premium for the British tree in the BR range of 8.3-8.7. The improved mobility would allow it to perform on par with the American M60 and Russian T54/55 series in terms of mobility. The upgrade of the frontal armour and the addition of Blazer ERA would enable the Dalet to hold its own in a BR range where HEATFS, ATGMs, and APDS/APFSDS are very prevalent. The ability to fire APFSDS would allow the Sho't Kal Dalet to overcome some of the problems that the L7's APDS encounters at higher BRs. With the recent addition of helicopters into the game the roof mounted MGs are vital. Obviously the gun sleeve doesn't effect in game performance, but it does give the unit a nice, modern look. As to the smoke grenades, new turret rotation and gun stabilization systems; well these are just advantages that make the performance of this tank just a little bit better. and at high teir every advantage counts.

Please let me know you opinions on the Sho't Kal Dalet as a premium, and tell me your thoughts and ideas for other British premiums, a category that is, unfortunately, very lacking.

Stats:

1X105mm L7 cannon (71 rounds), 1x50cal MG, 3x30cal MG

76mm smoke grenades x20

Crew:4

Reload rate: 8.7 sec.(6.7 max)

Turret armour: 200mm/89mm/89mm (not including ERA)

Hull armour: 114mm/50mm/32mm (not including ERA)

Horsepower: 643hp at 2400rpm

Weight: 58 tons

Max speed: 30mph (48kph)

Armor penetration (against flat plate):302mm (10m)/296mm (500m)/ 277 (1000m)

visibility: 119%

Sources:

https://aw.my.com/us/news/general/development-shot-kal-dalet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_(tank)#Israel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sho't

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/modern/Israel/Shot-MBT.php 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_AV1790

War Thunder, in game stats of the Centurion Mk.10.

Edited by SAUBER_KH7
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Open for Discussion.:salute:

However @Major_J_Louden your current suggestion is failing to comply with our vehicle suggestion rules. Please add at least two sources you used to create this suggestion, as well as providing specs to the vehicle, such as armor values, engine performance and more. If you require help on this matter, then feel free to take a look at our guidelines for vehicle suggestions at the top of each respective vehicle sub forum. If the required changes are not made within 48 hours, the suggestion will be locked and closed. 

Edited by SAUBER_KH7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

29 minutes ago, SAUBER_KH7 said:

Open for Discussion.:salute:

However @Major_J_Louden your current suggestion is failing to comply with our vehicle suggestion rules. Please add at least two sources you used to create this suggestion, as well as providing specs to the vehicle, such as armor values, engine performance and more. If you require help on this matter, then feel free to take a look at our guidelines for vehicle suggestions at the top of each respective vehicle sub forum. If the required changes are not made within 48 hours, the suggestion will be locked and closed. 

Hey man, I added that stuff mate. O7

medal medal medal medal medal medal

32 minutes ago, Major_J_Louden said:

how do I do that?

You can add a poll to your topic by editing your topic, clicking on the "poll" option next to the "content" in the up-left hand corner of the page and add a poll with questions. Attention: Do not enable the "Poll Only Content?" option as that will basically self-lock your topic preventing anyone except staff from responding to your topic, which is against the rules.

I have added the poll for you this time to help you out. :good:It is also important to note that due to a Bug with the forum software, if you do not add a poll to a topic with in one week of creating the topic, adding a poll will no longer be possible.

You can find more info here:

Edited by SAUBER_KH7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I would Love to see The Sho't in WT.

As a 8.0 British Premium,It will make it an Excellent 8.0 Lineup whit its ERA and APFSDS.

A whole BR Worth of a Centurion Mk,10 Upgrade.

I Love this Tank Gentlemen.

af35282_0.jpg

medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the Sho't Kal Dalet will be added in update 1.85,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions.:salute:

Edited by leroyonly