I kindly underestimate Type 90 somewhat?

kyoumu

It is good because the armor thickness of Type 90 is good for balancing up to now, but if you really get T-80U, M1A2 etc etc, instead of implementing Type 10, the armor thickness of the 90 type is also chronologically with the T-80U etc etc Since it is in the same period, it should not be underestimated or prejudiced from Japan so that armor thickness should be matched. It is often said that armor of Type 90 is made of special bulletproof steel with ceramic of honeycomb structure sandwiched between them so it is nice to have it put in a little corner of the head. Personally I think that there is at least KE 600 mm, CE 900 - 1000.

Another additional type, armor of Type 90 destroy bullets while catching it, so it seems that the real thickness is thick.

Edited by kyoumu
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

I very much doubt that Type 90 armor consist of any different material than other contemporary NATO tanks. Its armor protection overall may be even worse, as it was weight-limited design. Also the primary problem of Japanese tree is that Type 90 is the only top BR tank. The Japanese lineup is lacking and this is unlikely to change even with the possible addition of Type 10.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

18 minutes ago, kstoff said:

I very much doubt that Type 90 armor consist of any different material than other contemporary NATO tanks. Its armor protection overall may be even worse, as it was weight-limited design. Also the primary problem of Japanese tree is that Type 90 is the only top BR tank. The Japanese lineup is lacking and this is unlikely to change even with the possible addition of Type 10.

Why is Japan premised that technology is behind Europe?

I do not know the actual spec, but I hate that idea.

Russian tanks are light but very hard.

Edited by *sobawasab
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, *sobawasab said:

The technology is not. The weight of Type 90 is.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, kstoff said:

Depends if gaijin received sekrit dokumints on Type 89 IFV and Type 16 MCV, another Type 74 with later Type 93 APFSDS developed in Japan wouldn't be too bad at top tier either.

They're pretty well off in regards to Helicopters as well

If there's a nation I worry for at Rank VI it's Britain.

4 hours ago, *sobawasab said:

Technology isn't behind Europe, Japanese engineers had to cope with stricter weight limitations.

• Thanks 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, *sobawasab said:

Not comparable,since they are also WAY smaller.To give you a rough idea:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5Kx18cpvHNM/hqdefault.jpg

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules/Forums/files/111104181543_t72mm1a1_180.jpg

And its not just the frontal profile,the T-64/72/80s are also a bit shorter than their western counterparts.The turret armor layout is also somewhat more efficient (aside from the modules already being much smaller) because they don´t have a turret bustle that they need to protect.
https://dxczjjuegupb.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/word-image.png

Downsides to that are,ammunition stored center-mass in the vehicle and over a relatively large area and the need for relatively small crewmembers to operate them properly.

Also,the turretroof can be somewhat of a weakspot against APFSDS:

https://forum.warthunder.com/uploads/monthly_2018_05/a179660db1fcc.jpg.8c8fe59d97743d1c07b3d7c421708343.jpg

As is the area around the gun,due to the way its mounted (basically no mantlet).

Gundepression also kinda sucks compared to the western counterparts since they don´t have the space for that.

That said,neither of those were really problems for the russians and the way they intended to use these tanks.

And the upside is that they can use extremely dense armor modules (since the area covered is rather small),which in turn means higher LOS efficiency than on the western tanks,while keeping the weight relatively low-though the later models (i.e. T-72B and T-80U) went in to the mid-40 ton range aswell.

All of that considered,this is why some people are very sceptical about the Type 90´s supposedly amazing armor-The tank only weighs 50 tons,is roughly comparable to a Leopard 2 in size,with the exact same gun,but yet is somehow supposed to have armor performance comparable to tanks that are a good 12-13 tons heavier than it...While also simultaneously having ridiculously LOS efficient armor.

Problem with that being that generally,if LOS efficiency increases,weight efficiency decreases and vice versa.

Edited by swpixy
  • Thanks 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, kyoumu said:

90 type is also chronologically with the T-80U etc etc Since it is in the same period,

Date of introduction isn't an accurate representation of protection or efficiency.

Type 90 is made of special bulletproof steel

So... just steel then?

with ceramic of honeycomb structure sandwiched between them

Source?

Personally I think that there is at least KE 600 mm, CE 900 - 1000.

No offense, but we can't just go around changing the armour values because RandomForumUser #7915 says so.

• Like 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, *RAazzy91 said:

Depends if gaijin received sekrit dokumints on Type 89 IFV and Type 16 MCV, another Type 74 with later Type 93 APFSDS developed in Japan wouldn't be too bad at top tier either.

They're pretty well off in regards to Helicopters as well

If there's a nation I worry for at Rank VI it's Britain.

Technology isn't behind Europe, Japanese engineers had to cope with stricter weight limitations.

So 87 is ok, Type 16 is for most people too "modern",another Type 74?Gj said no because they need complet documents about the changin on thermo vision or what is the big TV next to gun.

31 minutes ago, wulfalier said:

So 87 is ok, Type 16 is for most people too "modern",

Japan has always had some of the more modern tanks, I don't think Gaijin is too bothered about intro dates in regards to tanks and they said their intentions to add increasingly modern tanks.

31 minutes ago, wulfalier said:

another Type 74? Gj said no because they need complet documents about the changin on thermo vision or what is the big TV next to gun.

When someone asked whether Gaijin would add US cities as potential maps, they answered they wouldn't create fictional maps.

The American Desert devblog came 2 days later.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 13/11/2018 at 19:57, *RAazzy91 said:

I don't think Gaijin is too bothered about intro dates in regards to tanks and they said their intentions to add increasingly modern tanks.

There are rumors going on about the type-10 going to be added into either this update or next. Thats what I know about it.

Edited by Max_Ljunggren
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 19:56, Max_Ljunggren said:

There are rumors going on about the type-10 going to be added into either this update or next. Thats what I know about it.

what is advertised as leaks is a simple wishlist that everyone went viral about. Next update is going to be about Italian tanks. Type 10 will never come into the game as there is 0... and I mean 0 RELIABLE and AVAILABLE information about that vehicle. It's an MBT that gotintroduced in 2012 FFS.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, Tantor57 said:

what is advertised as leaks is a simple wishlist that everyone went viral about. Next update is going to be about Italian tanks. Type 10 will never come into the game as there is 0... and I mean 0 RELIABLE and AVAILABLE information about that vehicle. It's an MBT that gotintroduced in 2012 FFS.

The use of helicopter tree AH-1Z is from 2010. So, I think that era is not a problem.
Also, if you say reliable information, Type 90 is the same.
It is possible to input data of another tank (Leo2A4c of leak list, etc.) into Type10 and implement it.
I think that the next update will be an Italian tank, but I think that Type10 will appear in Warthunder in the future.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Tantor57 said:

I will save this and when the tank will come i will repost this to you ok :lol2:.

Saying this kind of stupidity,this will not come,that will not come,because of this and that.......when some of you will just admin that GJ will do what they think is needed in game.

50 minutes ago, wulfalier said:

I will save this and when the tank will come i will repost this to you ok :lol2:.

Saying this kind of stupidity,this will not come,that will not come,because of this and that.......when some of you will just admin that GJ will do what they think is needed in game.

Gaijin at least needs a strict minimum amount of information to model a tank. And im not even talking about complicated stuffs there... Even armored plates layout and arrangeme,t is not known about the Type 10 and gaijin needs that just to make a working 3D model.

1 hour ago, ruby_red193 said:

The use of helicopter tree AH-1Z is from 2010. So, I think that era is not a problem.
Also, if you say reliable information, Type 90 is the same.
It is possible to input data of another tank (Leo2A4c of leak list, etc.) into Type10 and implement it.
I think that the next update will be an Italian tank, but I think that Type10 will appear in Warthunder in the future.

That's not how coding datas in 3D models works... If it was that simple, that'd be great.

26 minutes ago, Tantor57 said:

Gaijin at least needs a strict minimum amount of information to model a tank. And im not even talking about complicated stuffs there... Even armored plates layout and arrangeme,t is not known about the Type 10 and gaijin needs that just to make a working 3D model.

That's not how coding datas in 3D models works... If it was that simple, that'd be great.

And do you know what they have about the Type 10?Nobody knows what info on tanks Gj have.

25 minutes ago, Tantor57 said:

I know that there is no armor or layout information, Also but Type 90 is the same.
However, Type 90 has appeared in the game.
Considering this example, I think that it is possible to make it appear in the game by interweaving a reasonable guess.

2 minutes ago, ruby_red193 said:

I know that there is no armor or layout information, Also but Type 90 is the same.
However, Type 90 has appeared in the game.
Considering this example, I think that it is possible to make it appear in the game by interweaving a reasonable guess.

Gaijin managed to get information on the Type 90 directly from Japanese Army archives.

11 minutes ago, wulfalier said:

And do you know what they have about the Type 10?Nobody knows what info on tanks Gj have.

They have none. What they have would not even allow them to make a proper working and interacting 3D model of the thing.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Tantor57 said:

They have none. What they have would not even allow them to make a proper working and interacting 3D model of the thing.

There was a big collection of photos from a tank museum. This collection included the Type 10, so I strongly believe they can at least model it.

14 minutes ago, Tantor57 said:

Gaijin managed to get information on the Type 90 directly from Japanese Army archives. 

The SDF 's weapons are not basically open to the public. There is only ambiguous information that can be disclosed.
Does Gaijin know about unknown information by anyone? I do not think so. I think that it is something that everyone, such as experts and researchers, knows.
However, if Gaijin got detailed information on Type 90 in that way, I think that you can get Type 10 information in the same way.