Ensign of the Russian Navy

Melphine

Do you want this flag in War Thunder?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Make Mother Russia proud!

• Yes
    • No

Good day!

Today i would like to suggest the Ensign of the Russian navy. This flag has been used by different organizations in history. Most notably the Russian navy, but also the "Russian Liberation Army" also as the "Committee for the Liberation of the Peoples of Russia" Main symbol .I would like the flag in the same style of the Normal country flag and available for all nations. Here is some history.

Origins :  In 1698 Peter I the Great established the first Russian medal, the Order of St Andrew , which is to be awarded for military exploits and public service. When he became tsar, he started to devise a flag for the Russian Navy. The symbolism of the flag is a tribute to his father, Alexey  Mikhaylovich  Romanov who established a special flag for the first Russian naval vessel, the three-masted frigate Oryol.

From 1692 to 1712 Peter I personally drew eight proposed flags that have consistently been taken into the Navy. Description of the flag's final version by Peter I.

Spoiler

greater_free_russia__131355.jpg.9a6a6d9a

Spoiler

Navy-Day-Sevastopol-2014-672x372.jpg.c67

Spoiler

2014-635314270003372765-337.jpg.a81a355a105667706-naval-flag-of-the-russian-navy

Russian Liberation Army The ROA was organized by former Red Army general Andrey Vlasov, who agreed to collaborate with Nazi Germany after having been captured on the Eastern Front. The soldiers were mostly former Soviet prisoners of war but also included White Russian émigrés, some of whom were veterans of the anti-communist White Army from the Russian Civil War. On 14 November 1944, it was officially renamed the Armed Forces of the Committee for the Liberation of the Peoples of Russia, with the KONR being formed as a political body for the army to be loyal to. On 28 January 1945, it was officially declared that the Russian divisions no longer formed part of the German Army, but would directly be under the command of KONR. 

Spoiler

T-34color12.jpg.3cc56caeab3a8672758cba9fs-l300.jpg.6fccedc71da51d6ed1f50a82b0108cddf98af191f643524e1fda43d96ad51.jpg.1e9POA-Russian-Liberation-Sleeve-patch-2710szn4em1jnt101.jpg.275a7d705da955aefae9d6

Info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensign_of_the_Russian_Navy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committee_for_the_Liberation_of_the_Peoples_of_Russia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Liberation_Army

Last note : Personally i think this should be under the German Decals or Axis. Because in WW2 it was only used by the ROA

Thank you for your time comrade! Salute!

Edited by Takipcisi
  • Like 1
medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...