Linking aircraft to ground battles

madcap_magician

Welcome to the forum!

AB: To fly aircraft in ground battles, you need to press the buttons at the bottom to fly in the aircraft. First you'll need to wait for them to become available. They become available:

Fighter plane: Requires you to get one kill to use.

Attack plane: Requires you to get two kills to use.

Bomber: Requires you to get three kills to use.

image.png.cdce1707c88284f081b9aa0cf20747 

RB: You need to put planes into your lineup, and then get enough spawn points in order to use them. You can use them when you respawn. 

More info here:

https://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=AB

https://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=RB

• Upvote 1

Just now, madcap_magician said:

Thx, since I struggle to even damage other vehicles let alone kill them I guess I’m gonna abandon ground forces and stick to planes.

Keep trying my friend, the more you play the better you'll get. I believe in you. :yes_yes_yes: Good luck.

• Like 2

So far my ground force experience has consisted of a series of one spotted deaths, or being killed by artillery which I cannot even do yet lol. At least in air combat you can get in a lucky burst on any aircraft.

4 minutes ago, madcap_magician said:

So far my ground force experience has consisted of a series of one spotted deaths, or being killed by artillery which I cannot even do yet lol. At least in air combat you can get in a lucky burst on any aircraft.

Feel free to make a new thread here or browse around in that section for tips in tank matches. 

• Like 1

Try setting up some custom battles against 'bots;

'Battles>Custom Battles' then click the 'Create Session' button.

Custom battles are a great way to get used to using tanks in a more relaxed environment.

All the best.

Edited by oSCar

Hi Mate

Welcome to the Forums and to War Thunder! :salute:

Be sure to check out The Academy section for a whole range of knowledge and tips for both beginners and advanced players alike.

Moved to The F.A.Q section due to it not being a introduction thread. 

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 years later...
40 minutes ago, Blobface010 said:

Hello, I have been playing this game for 22 months and have been really enjoying it, although all I have been doing is british planes and I was wondering how to use them in ground arcade battles?

Hi, in Ground Arcade you don't choose the plane you get, you can in Ground Realistic if your plane is at the same or lower br than your tanks and you have to put it/them in the line-up alongside your ground vehicles.

medal

• 1 year later...

Im confused though. When you use a plane in ground battles, theres a time limit. When I look on youtube, the people have the plane for like the whole round and they follow the same process. They bomb someone, return to the airfield, but they are able to still use the plane. But whenever I assign a tank to my slot in the hangar, I cannot use it in game. 

I have a theory why this doesn't work. Im pretty low tier and this may be the reason why. I do notice that it is high tier players that are able to do it.

Tell me if im right or wrong.

20 minutes ago, GenJin_X said:

the people have the plane for like the whole round

Arcade Ground = Time limited

Realistic Ground = No time limit

Simulator Ground = No time limit

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thanks man! Also quick question. How do you get those medals under your name? Like "The Art of War" and "Steel Generals", "Air-force Tester" Etc. What are those and how do you get them? Im pretty new so im not sure.

1 hour ago, GenJin_X said:

How do you get those medals under your name?

You got them when purchasing something at a new patch - not 100% sure if it had to be a pre-order or not, but its something timelimited. Other medals were given out when you participate on an early test of something.

TLDR: it only shows that the account is quite old and i spend too much money =)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal