G.91Y

Guinespsj

G.91Y  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this jet fighter in game?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which BR it should have

I create this thread about this jet fighter so players could discuss how it would fit in the game or how it should be used, I do not post this in suggestions because this plane has already suggested and it has already passed for consideration.

G.91Y

G.91Y is redesign of its predecessor G.91 still its role stayed same: ground attacker and reconnaissance and this aircraft had its first flew in 1966 and it was in service until 1994.

Spoiler

Aiheeseen liittyvä kuva

General characteristics

- Crew: 1

- Lenght: 11.67 m

- Wingspan: 9.01 m

- Height: 4.43 m

- Weight (empty): 3.900 kg

- Weight (loaded): 7.800 kg

- Engines: 2 x General Electric J85-GE-13A Turbojets (18.15 kN thrust each)

Performance

- Max speed: 1.110 km/h/690 mph (Mach 0.95) at 10.000 m

- Range 3.400 km

- Service ceiling: 12.500 m/41.000 ft

- Climb rate: 86.36 m/s (17.000 ft/min)

Armament

- 2 x 30 mm DEFA cannons

- 4 hard point in wings 

Disposable armament:

- 4, 454 kg (1 000 lb) bombs.

- 4, 340 kg (750 lb) bombs.

- 4, Aerea rocket pods (each carrying 28 51 mm rockets).

- 4, 127 mm Zuni rockets

- Mixture of these load outs

- 2 AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles

So here are all technical information which I found, but now I want to ask, what do you think about this plane? Personally I have gained both G.91 jet fighters and I like them a lot, but still I hope that this new variant would be implemented in this game soon. 

Edited by Guinespsj
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 01/02/2019 at 08:02, Guinespsj said:

I create this thread about this jet fighter so players could discuss how it would fit in the game or how it should be used, I do not post this in suggestions because this plane has already suggested and it has already passed for consideration.

G.91Y

G.91Y is redesign of its predecessor G.91 still its role stayed same: ground attacker and reconnaissance and this aircraft had its first flew in 1966 and it was in service until 1994.

Reveal hidden contents

Aiheeseen liittyvä kuva

General characteristics

Performance

- Range 3.400 km

Armament

- 2 x 30 mm DEFA cannons

- 4 hard point in wings 

Disposable armament:

- 4, 127 mm Zuni rockets

So here are all technical information which I found, but now I want to ask, what do you think about this plane? Personally I have gained both G.91 jet fighters and I like them a lot, but still I hope that this new variant would be implemented in this game soon. 

So can we get a loadout option with only 2 rocket pods instead of 4?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...
On 01/02/2019 at 14:02, Guinespsj said:

G.91Y

Reveal hidden contents

Aiheeseen liittyvä kuva

General characteristics

Performance

- Range 3.400 km

Armament

- 2 x 30 mm DEFA cannons

- 4 hard point in wings 

Disposable armament:

- 4, 127 mm Zuni rockets

I got sources from an ex-mechaninc of the Italian Air Force that worked on the G-91R/1 and G-91Y and he said that the G-91Y has never been capable of carrying sidewinders, only the YS was and the upgrade has never been made on the Y version.

other people that at the time were following the Italian Armed Forces via press and magazines stated that both the AS.12 and AS.20 were bought to be used on the Y

Edited by arpitmkn
medal medal

• 3 months later...

Just found the arrestor hook on this plane (YS). Didn't know it was also a carrier jet.

Edited by Guest

On 11/06/2019 at 11:12, arpitmkn said:

other people that at the time were following the Italian Armed Forces via press and magazines stated that both the AS.12 and AS.20 were bought to be used on the Y

If you can find more concrete sources for that, I'd love to see/submit a bug report on that. AS.20s are pretty nice and they'd definitely improve the G.91Y for CAS (as well as the Zunis). 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, DominantReverse said:

If you can find more concrete sources for that, I'd love to see/submit a bug report on that. AS.20s are pretty nice and they'd definitely improve the G.91Y for CAS (as well as the Zunis). 

I only find that it was used on the G91R1

g.91r1as20.jpg.4f670411b846167e6e7c7bc73

medal medal medal medal medal

27 minutes ago, Grimbergen95 said:

I only find that it was used on the G91R1

g.91r1as20.jpg.4f670411b846167e6e7c7bc73

Just for info, the caption says that the picture was taken during trials.

The historical consultant of Italian planes has a quite strict view about which payloads should or shouldn't be added to each plane; generally, he opposes weapons that weren't operationally used by the Italian air force, even if a plane itself was able to carry them (main argument being, when it comes to jets, "the Italian version of the plane wasn't equipped with the proper avionics for X weapon"). 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

17 minutes ago, Fracchia96 said:

Do we have any ideas of which Sidewinders variants the G91Y operated? I honestly have no idea but it feels kind of strange that they would have used Aim 9Bs till 1990s...

G91Y have never used Sidewinders. 

G91YS is a prototype made in 1969 for Swiss Air Force contest, one of its upgrades was access to AIM-9B.

"NC2023 was the prototype of the G.91YS, the model developed in 1969 for the Swiss Air Force contest. Clearly visible is the new nose, and the third wing pylon, designed to carry the AIM-9 missile."

Fiat G91 YS

Spoiler

9-1.jpg

Картинки по запросу G.91YS

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...

@Smin1080p is the original Y version planned to be added to the tech tree?

It would be less effective in ARB, so it has a chance to save an acceptable repair cost to use it as CAS in GRB.

38 minutes ago, _Condottiero_ said:

@Smin1080p is the original Y version planned to be added to the tech tree?

It would be less effective in ARB, so it has a chance to save an acceptable repair cost to use it as CAS in GRB.

At the moment, its not in any current plans as its basically a less effective YS model and there is no real demand for another G.91Y variant. Players mostly want more advanced aircraft or different aircraft entirely. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

At the moment, its not in any current plans as its basically a less effective YS model and there is no real demand for another G.91Y variant. Players mostly want more advanced aircraft or different aircraft entirely. 

Thanks for answer, Italy needs completely new aircraft indeed, like supersonics, but I still think it can be good to add as many variants as possible. Maybe in the far future it will be reconsidered, as Y is the main variant, but YS is just an experimental prototype. It's good to have both: - Y can be a cheaper version preferable for GRB, while YS is more advanced and expensive version with AAMs for ARB, also + 1  9.3 jet to Air Arcade line up.

It could be like CL-13A Mk 5 and CL-13B Mk.6 in the German Tech Tree.

On 01/01/2020 at 12:29, Smin1080p said:

Give Italy more autochthonous jets, they're needed.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone knows why G91YS engine's oils are overheating too much?

İt absolutely make no sense that i have to constantly lower my engine power in order not to loose my engines most of the time.

medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Panther2995 said:

Has anyone knows why G91YS engine's oils are overheating too much?

İt absolutely make no sense that i have to constantly lower my engine power in order not to loose my engines most of the time.

Idk I played it extensively and never had any overheating issue. Temps become light orange then stay there for the entirety of the match. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal