147 members have voted

1. 1. Do you need this plane?

• Yes, for tree
    • Yes, for premium
    • No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnO4alX7McE

I found a video of P-3C in New Zealand drops General Puropse Bomb

1177128438_P-3OrionCutaway.thumb.jpg.9e4

Also there are cutaway from japanese book showing P-3C can arm with MK series General puropose bomb and cluster bomb

@aizenns do you miss it or JMSDF don't use general purpose bomb for their maritime patrol aircraft? If they use it, it would be better to be implemented with P-3C in japanese aviation tree. Japan have no suitable plane to use as bomber in naval realistic battle after BR 6.0, as G8N1 is too big and sluggish, and kikka and R2Y2 are fighters, means that they can be used only once practically.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/07/2021 at 12:32, im_blind_idiot said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnO4alX7McE

I found a video of P-3C in New Zealand drops General Puropse Bomb

1177128438_P-3OrionCutaway.thumb.jpg.9e4

Also there are cutaway from japanese book showing P-3C can arm with MK series General puropose bomb and cluster bomb

@aizenns do you miss it or JMSDF don't use general purpose bomb for their maritime patrol aircraft? If they use it, it would be better to be implemented with P-3C in japanese aviation tree. Japan have no suitable plane to use as bomber in naval realistic battle after BR 6.0, as G8N1 is too big and sluggish, and kikka and R2Y2 are fighters, means that they can be used only once practically.

I'm genuinely curious are those air-to-air missiles next to the AGM-84 Harpoon? 

medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
  • Technical Moderator
On 7/6/2021 at 1:32 AM, im_blind_idiot said:

Yes, I know some country use GP bomb on P-3C. However, Japanese didn't equip it.

The primely mission of JMSDF is anti-submarine / anti-mine warfare so priority of such weapons will not be high. Also, in case of Japan, JASDF have lots of support fighter (= attackers in other country) so I guess it is not necessary to use important ASW aircraft for dangerous ground support missions.

Additionally, when No.10 Yuyomaru Incident, JMSDF used Type 67 depth charge to bomb tanker. This depth charge (Japanese call it "anti-submarine bomb") can use not only anti-submarine depth fuse but also instant-detonation impact fuse to attack surface targets. For this reason, it is not necessary to equip a GP bomb that is used extremely infrequently.

p.s.

It is Chinese book, not Japanese.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

This suggestion has been passed to the developers for consideration :salute: