Peacock class Corvette "Hong Kong defender"

TerikG2014

Which ships and How to add them  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How should HMS Peacock (P239) be implemented

• Main Tree
    • Premium
    • I don't think it should (please explain)
  2. 2. How should Lé Orla (P41) be implemented

• Main Tree
    • Premium
    • I don't think it should(please explain)
  3. 3. How should BRP Apolinario Mabini (PS 36) be implemented

• US premium
    • British Premium
    • I don't think it should be added (Please explain)

• Suggestion Moderator

cv1-L.jpg.4005414098d536167bdce1798ddc8a

Peacock class

Constructed during the 1980's the

Peacock class consisted of a series 5 ship's desgined specifically with the defence of Hong Kong  in mind. The 5 ship's were named HMS Peacock(P239) HMS Plover (P240) HMS Starling(P241),

HMS Swallow (P242),HMS Swift (P243). After seeing service withe the Hong Kong Defence Forces and polices forces running from 1982-1996 after which they were sold for the Phillipines and the Republic of Ireland. The desgine of the Peacock class was a robust one desgined to stay at sea in Typhoon conditions and be able to perform multiple functions away from base. They were used for actions such as Maratime patrol, Custom's, immigration control and many more. In 1997 after there use with the Royal navy came to an end after the end of the Hong Kong lease, 3 of the ships left Hong Kong and mored up in the Philippines these 3 ships were HMS Peacock, HMS Plover and HMS Starling. After extensive negation the British MoD agreed to sell the 3 ships to the Philippines. During this time the other 2 ships HMS Swift and HMS Swallow  were sold to the Republic of Ireland. All ships are currently still in service

Implementation

Now the primary position for this ship will be the Royal Navy tree possible following on from ether the flower class corvette or the Farmile D's with a similar B.R to the German Albatross Class due to similarity in armament. There is also the option of premium ships in the form of the Irish and Philippine upgrades, these do not consist much more of replacing for the 7.62 small guns with things like 20mm, and 12.7mm guns. The Irish premium could go in the British tree but the Philippine premium would either go in the British or US tree.

Statistics

Displacement: 712 tons full load

Length: 62.6 m (205 ft 5 in)

Beam: 10 m (32 ft 10 in)

Draught: 2.72 m (8 ft 11 in)

Propulsion: 2 ,Crossley SEMT- Pielstick Diesels  2 shafts, 14,188 bhp (10,580 kW)

Speed:25 kn (46 km/h; 29 mph)

Complement:30 - 39

Armour: Belted Steel

Armament: Royal Navy

1 × 76mm OTO Melara

4 × 7.62mm Machine guns

Armament:  Irish Naval Service 

1 × 76mm OTO Melara

2 × Rh202 Rheinmetall 20 mm

2 × 12.7 mm GPMG

Armament:  Philippine Navy

1 × 76mm OTO Melara

1 × 25 mm M242 Bushmaster on MSI Defence Seahawk mount

2 × 20 mm Mk.16 cannons on Mk.68 mounts

2 × .50 caliber machine guns

Images

HMS_Starling_P241.thumb.jpg.79b627e90f86Ciara.jpg.3655183710c3788e1b077e93ea0b5b1200px-LE_Ciara.thumb.jpg.00b8b3ee55c4b0576842_orig.jpg.c4fe387b7ad523a303ffbde8HKPC_004.jpg.d50e2e4e580ada1f3b0d6bb34d2800px-Philippine_Navy_PS-36_at_Balikatan

Sources

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peacock-class_corvette

https://www.military.ie/en/who-we-are/naval-service/the-fleet/le-orla-p41/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRP_Emilio_Jacinto_(PS-35)

http://afp-modernization.blogspot.com/2012/08/jacinto-class-corvettes.html?m=1

http://philippinenavy.tripod.com/plover.html

Edited by TerikG2014
  • Upvote 4

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Suggestion Moderator
1 minute ago, leroyonly said:

Open for discussion. :salute:

Thanks

• Suggestion Moderator
5 minutes ago, BucketOfKnobs said:

Just about every nation has a modern patrol boat except Britain. This is sorely needed so high hopes for it getting added.

Indeed I recon the reason is these ship's are really not well known it took me an age to find this one. What doesn't help is that as things advanced Britain didn't use as many big guns.

13 minutes ago, TerikG2014 said:

Indeed I recon the reason is these ship's are really not well known it took me an age to find this one. What doesn't help is that as things advanced Britain didn't use as many big guns.

I wanted to suggest this class of ship myself a while ago but I couldn't find info so I couldn't be bothered. An illusive ship somehow but you found the info so props to you

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator
34 minutes ago, BucketOfKnobs said:

I wanted to suggest this class of ship myself a while ago but I couldn't find info so I couldn't be bothered. An illusive ship somehow but you found the info so props to you

Thanks it wasn't exactly the easiest thing to find.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Technical Moderator

+1

Royal Navy tree also need modern gunboat as other countries. But only one 76 mm gun and four machine gun seems bit weaker for game.

• Suggestion Moderator
37 minutes ago, aizenns said:

But only one 76 mm gun and four machine gun seems bit weaker for game.

Well think about it this way the Albatross may have two 76's but it has no secondary guns for defence against small boats or Aircraft this does.

• Technical Moderator
50 minutes ago, TerikG2014 said:

Well think about it this way the Albatross may have two 76's but it has no secondary guns for defence against small boats or Aircraft this does.

Yes, but for Royal Navy it have one 76mm and four 7.62 mm mg. One 76 mm is not enough for anti-ship (looking at US’s one) and only four 7 mm mg is not enough for anti-aircraft. 

• Suggestion Moderator
1 minute ago, aizenns said:

One 76 mm is not enough for anti-ship (looking at US’s one) 

Better to look at albatross they share the same gun

• 7 months later...

+1

This would be a great rank II ship for the British especially considering they don't have any corvette/gunboat size ships at this rank, except the River Class which is a gift ship.

I voted for the Lé Orla (P41). Although not a commonwealth country, its the only anglosphere country (not including the USA) without a ship in the British tree. Plus I'm of Irish heritage too :smile: 

• Like 1

• Suggestion Moderator
2 hours ago, THO88 said:

+1

This would be a great rank II ship for the British especially considering they don't have any corvette/gunboat size ships at this rank, except the River Class which is a gift ship.

I voted for the Lé Orla (P41). Although not a commonwealth country, its the only anglosphere country (not including the USA) without a ship in the British tree. Plus I'm of Irish heritage too :smile: 

Heh glad to hear you like the idea !

• 4 months later...

Just saw on a YouTube Dev server review that this is being included in the next update!

It has it at BR 3.3. Only odd thing is that it only has the 76mm and no secondaries. Hopefully this will change before the update is finalized 

1 hour ago, THO88 said:

Just saw on a YouTube Dev server review that this is being included in the next update!

Me too... i checked it via Youtube too... Finally Britain will get a frigate in the next update BUT...... to be placed on BR3.3 w/out extra MG or autocannons or even secondaries would make this ship worse than meat cannon fodder as it only has 1 gun..... POOR Peacock..... I hope that Gaijin change this to an acceptable addition at least.... If not possible... im hoping to see it placed on BR3 instead as it current Peacock has only 1 forward guns which can be shot off even from 8mm MGs unless it has 10mm solid armor at least on the whole ships hull...

Even Asheville which has almost similar size has some extra guns even though only a single 40mm BoFors and 2 of 12.5mm MGs...

Edited by ZackZooter
medal

• Suggestion Moderator
On 23/08/2020 at 14:41, THO88 said:

It has it at BR 3.3. Only odd thing is that it only has the 76mm and no secondaries. Hopefully this will change before the update is finalized 

I'll make sure to bug report it if it's not there on the second dev.

5 hours ago, TerikG2014 said:

I'll make sure to bug report it if it's not there on the second dev.

Thanks

As the original HMS Peacock, it’s probably only gong to get the four 7.62mm machine guns but it’s better than nothing. If anything they’ll warn you of an incoming plane or PT boat and hopefully give you enough time to react with the 76mm.

If you do submit the bug report and Gaijin wants more proof of the 7.62mm other than the websites you reference in your first post, let me know. I have a copy of a 1988-89 Jane’s Fighting Ships that shows this as well

• Upvote 1

Would love to see Apolinario Mabini in-game. Though I lean more on it being in the standard tree foldered with the Peacock rather than being a premium, but as long as it makes it in game I don't really mind.

Anyways, here's a closer look at its weaponry taken from here. Video also has footage from within the bridge at around 5:12 (he starts recording on portrait, but he does put it on landscape 15s in)

Oto Melara 76mm

Spoiler

76.thumb.jpg.40d618d60886d8833145214fff1

M242 Bushmaster

Spoiler

m242.thumb.jpg.808ddbe6797b08cdbfb8a1e31

20mm Mark 16

Spoiler

Mk16.thumb.jpg.e8814b7c8f9ebb0cb52a062e7

M2 .50 cal

Spoiler

M2.thumb.jpg.180e6ff173e6c4c7090aed0926d

Edited by FloatingLAV
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the Peacock class Corvette, HMS Peacock (P239) has been added as per update 1.101 Raining Fire,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions.:salute: