KMW & Nexter EMBT (2017)

CaID

Would you like to see the EMBT in the German tree?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the EMBT in the German tree?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but as premiu or gift.

germany_flag_by_think0-d9nwirq.png

a identical suggestion was mad for the French tree.

i would like to suggest a tank for The German and french tree (both have the same) the tank development in Common between the french Company Nexter and the German KMW, the European main battle tank.

EMBT.jpg

the EMBT is a very good tank for the tier VII. the tank is matching the very light and advance turret of the AMX-56 Leclerc and the and reliable and powerful hull of the Leopard 2a7. in other word the tank is a hybrid between the two most advance tank of the french and German arsenal.

the EMBT is nothing too fabulous while been exceptional at the same time. the tank is retaking the material that was previously used somewhere else and and get a tank that is simply all new and one of the best of the world.

the German Leopard 2 are know to be very reliable mechanically and with the powerful engine, the tank have a great mobility, but it is a little heavy.

the Leclerc is know to be very advance and compact. a lot of power in a light platform. but it is expense and costly to maintain.

the strength of both tank are put together to create the EMBT.

EU-tank-breaks-cover-_ES18D5_.jpg

the tank was built in 2015 and presented in 2017 when he officially pass the prototype stage to join the international market and expect to be into service by 2022 (if there is buyer)

the EMBT is no simply a prototype in the waiting of the next generation of tank who is under development by Nexter and KMW. the next tank shall be sensibly retaking the same hull and more or less the same turret. it was agree that the new tank woulds use a hull produced by KMW and a turret produced by Nexter. on this they seem to be clear. the hull is also likely to be the Leopard 2A7 hull too. but the armament shall be either the 130mm gun by Rheimetal or the 140mm gun by Nexter. and this gun is still under development and the gun shall define clearly the shape of the turret.

But the Actual EMBT is a preview and not a prototype, the tank is actually available in the international market for export and while having not yet found any purchaser, the tank is very interesting for his firepower, technology and mobility that match any modern tank currently in service. in the export market, this tank is probably the best.

aside of been very modern, the hull of the Leopard 2A7 is very strong and designed to have much heavier turret than the on from the Leclerc, as for right now, the tank is 6 tons under the operational weight even when fully armed and loaded. those 6 tons are proposed to have additional Armour and armament for the buyer along with the possible modernization. this shall guaranty the tank a long service before been obsolete.

on the last good reason to add this tank into the game. curently there is only one MBT in the rank VII wich is obviously where the EMBT belong to. the french medium ligne end with the AMX 56 leclerc and the heavy ligne end with the AMX-40 in rank VI. the EMBT is just like the AMX-40, a export tank but of a new era. wich is logical to be fallowing the AMX-40 in the research line. the EMBT is equivalent to the AMX-56 leclerc in mobility and firepower and shall share approximatively the same BR (a bit more if they raise the BR to go higher than 10,0)

1217085_1000.jpg

for the german the Heavy tank line end with the Kpz-70 wich is the German version of the common project design with USA of the MBT-70. the EMBT is also a common design, this time with france. so the tank share this in common and so the EMBT could also go in the german tree just after the Kpz-70 in the research line. at the same time, the EMBT is more or less equivalent to the Loepard 2a5 or 2a7 (who is not yet in the game) wich he could play well along to each other with a BR about at the same level.

Specifications
Mass 62 tons
Length 9.87 m (6.88 without gun[3])
Width 3.81 m
Height 3.64 m
Crew 3[3] (Commander, gunner, driver)

Armour modular composite armor including titanium, tungsten and semi-reactive layers.
Main
armament
GIAT CN120-26/52 120mm tank gun[3]
40 rounds (1 round ready to fire in the chamber, 22 rounds inside the autoloader magazine with additional 18 rounds cylinder in the hull)
Secondary
armament
  • 12.7 mm coaxial M2HB machine gun (1,100 rounds)
  • 7.62 mm machine gun (3,000 rounds)
Engine MTU MB 873 Ka-501 liquid-cooled V12 twin-turbo diesel engine developing 1,479 hp. at 2,600 rpm
Power/weight 23.85 hp/ton
Transmission Renk HSWL 354 transmission with four forward and two reverse gears
Suspension seven dual rubber-tired road wheels with the idler at the front, the drive sprocket at the rear and four track-support rollers
Fuel capacity  
Operational
range
450 km 
Speed
  70 km/h (speed at 68 tons)

source

https://blog.challenges.fr/supersonique/defense/eurosatory-les-nouveaux-blindes-en-images/

https://bfmbusiness.bfmtv.com/entreprise/le-successeur-du-char-leclerc-sera-franco-allemand-1468474.html

http://resistancerepublicaine.eu/2018/09/01/le-leoclerc-futur-char-franco-allemand-ou-la-fin-de-lindustrie-francaise-de-larmement/

https://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-finance/industrie/aeronautique-defense/l-italie-s-interesse-au-futur-char-franco-allemand-781787.html

https://fr.sputniknews.com/defense/201806121036761314-france-allemagne-blinde/

http://www.opex360.com/2018/06/11/nexter-kmw-presentent-leuro-main-battle-tank-premier-char-de-combat-franco-allemand/

https://www.janes.com/article/81083/eu-tank-breaks-cover-es18d5

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator

This would be a very interesting side-grade to the Leopard 2 and Leclerc respectively, offering something new and fresh for both Germany and France. +1 for a second rank VII MBT option that deviates from the French and German standard MBTs! +1 :yes_yes_yes:

15 hours ago, bufman said:

its a prototype... so it is not going to be a Regular.

Maybe Event or Premium Rank VII

We have already reached a cap for the tiers in ground forces. There are vehicles which could have a higher BR than the current top MBTs we have, for example the Leopard 2A6 or 2A7, but they would probably still be tier VII. The KMW & Nexter EMBT are tier VII material, and according to Gaijin's current logic there are no premiums at the highest tier (VII). So in reality these vehicles should be like the Begleitpanzer, a prototype but located at the regular tech tree...

• 10 months later...
On 20/09/2019 at 02:52, bufman said:

Is it Leoaprd 2 Hull + Leclerc Turret?  Jesus

Not a prototype, but a promotional tank is part of Leopard 3 marketing. There is 1 of it. There will be no more and no systematization by any state. :)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

Its to early for the EMBT. What I mean with that is  we missing a lot of Leopard 2 models like the 2A6 and 2A7. But even the Leopard 2A4 has a lot of variants. There is the Leopard 2 from Indonesia which is a Leopard 2A4 with upgraded armor. I would love to see these in game. But I think Gaijin is scared to add the L55 120mm cannon because the penetration is better then everything in game right now. Together with the Armor of the 2A6 this tank would kill everything. And the fact that Rheinmetall want to upgrade the Leopard 2 with a Active Defence System which can stop APFSDS and add the 130mm cannon with even more penetration, germany would get the best top tier line up.

1254827760_Leopard2Indonesia.thumb.jpg.4

medal medal

• 1 month later...

Could be an interesting event vehicle for which you could chose to use the coupon for only one of the 2 trees :good:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 29/08/2020 at 13:36, Hexator05 said:

Its to early for the EMBT. What I mean with that is  we missing a lot of Leopard 2 models like the 2A6 and 2A7. But even the Leopard 2A4 has a lot of variants.

A6 / A6M / A7V / A7PSO ( a conversion A7V variant for the urban battle - based on the A7V hull with a PSO  turret , better rpg side protection 20mm on the roof  short barrel  and a space sign on the front.

Edited by Waraeger
medal medal medal medal

On 29/08/2020 at 07:36, Hexator05 said:

Its to early for the EMBT. What I mean with that is  we missing a lot of Leopard 2 models like the 2A6 and 2A7. But even the Leopard 2A4 has a lot of variants. There is the Leopard 2 from Indonesia which is a Leopard 2A4 with upgraded armor. I would love to see these in game. But I think Gaijin is scared to add the L55 120mm cannon because the penetration is better then everything in game right now. Together with the Armor of the 2A6 this tank would kill everything. And the fact that Rheinmetall want to upgrade the Leopard 2 with a Active Defence System which can stop APFSDS and add the 130mm cannon with even more penetration, germany would get the best top tier line up.

1254827760_Leopard2Indonesia.thumb.jpg.4

The leopard 2a6 coming on the next up-date. It appeared in the teaser.

Edited by CaID

6 minutes ago, Cpt_Jack_Irons said:

I just wanted to point out, the images are gone

Will fix it later today.

There is so many hosting site that remove the picture after a single year. I started to only relly on IMGUR now. I dowload and rehost the picture on IMGUR

Edited by CaID
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Technical Moderator

Especially now, with the Leopard 2A6 and Leclerc S.2 coming, I think the EMBT could be a great side-grade, that could already be ingame with no issues, since the technology is already here.

14 hours ago, Stuhlfleisch said:

Especially now, with the Leopard 2A6 and Leclerc S.2 coming, I think the EMBT could be a great side-grade, that could already be ingame with no issues, since the technology is already here.

Was is not the hull of the 2A6 the weakness of the tank?

Its a 2A7's hull anyway, its should be better.

• 1 year later...
On 20/09/2019 at 03:52, bufman said:

Is it Leoaprd 2 Hull + Leclerc Turret?  Jesus

This is literally the BEST tank that could be given to Germany and France, and you said "event or premium", are you high or what?

+ This would NOT be the first time an prototype was given as best tank on tree, *cough cough* MBT-70, KPz-70.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...
On 20/12/2021 at 09:22, Capt_JamesTKirk said:

This is literally the BEST tank that could be given to Germany and France, and you said "event or premium", are you high or what?

Maybe I'm not well informed but why do you say it would be the best vehicle? At least for Germany I dont think its the case. The newest Leopards with complete add on armour packs and advanced systems are better than the nexter EMBT, at least in the game.

As for the best vehicles that could be added I'd say for the case of most nations it's those Cold War prototypes, some armed with very large weapons (140mm) and also with other upgrades.

On 08/03/2022 at 09:40, Raiden_Black said:

Tech tree for both nations
But a bit tricky, as to where to place it (but can be done eventually)

well, there is nothing fallowing the KPZ-70 in the heavy line.

like the kpz-70, the EMBT was a joint develpment. the Kpz 70 was a Americano-German tank, the EMBT was a Franco-German tank.

the EMBT is still rank 7 material and because of the turret, it would fit oddly between 2 Leopard 2 (like between the Leopard 2A6 and eventual Leopard 2A7) while fallowing the Kpz-70, it would be a side vehicles to research.

Beside, there is few medium vehicles to add to German beside the Leopard 2, and i am not feeling this line is suitable for a light vehicles.

• Upvote 2

• CaID changed the title to KMW & Nexter EMBT (2017)
  • 4 months later...