In-battle crash forces restart, usually on but not limited to ground battles

Good evening,

iv'e been expiriancing this problem on and off for probebly about half a year now but only recently decided to contact tech support. after various attempts to fix the problem (request numbers are #800303 and #789582) they asked me to post here.

the problem i'm expiriancing usually happens on the first match since opening the game, althougth it sometimes only happens on the secound and third one. it usually happens when spawning into battle or shortly after, it is more likely to happen when spawning in a ground vehical for the secound time in the same much, but can also happen when first spawning aand can happen also when spawning into air battles (such as air RB).

the symptoms are: the screen goes black when i spawn or secounds after that. the compuer's fans then spool up and make a lot of noise (note : i run much heavier games on this PC such as DCS, arma 3 and falcon bms and they all run smoothly, but war thunder seems to make my computer work extra hard for no aperent reason, the PC's fans always work hard and i can hear them throgth my headset, despite that the game runs very smoothly other then the crashes i'm describing), after about a secound or so of black screen the game sound mutes and the computer becomes stuck. at this point the only way to recover is force a restart via the small button near the computer power on/off button (i can tell that the computer is still working because even at this stage despite not being able to do anything discord still works fine and so does anything working in the background such as music or youtube, i can still talk to people on discord until i force a restart. also if i restart too soon the game logs don't all get written and may be curropted.).

i made sure that all drivers are up to date, tried running the game in both 32-bit and 64 bit versions and also tried to run on minimum setting and without any devices connected the resaults were the same.

the problem innitially apeared to be solved by running the game in 32-bit version, but my headset (logitech g430) broke and once i switched it (corsair void pro surround) the problem returned and now pleuges both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions. all attempts were made from clean boot.

disconnecting the new headset allowed me to run the game for a few matches on the 32 bit version but is obviously no solution.

i have attached here all the files that were requested by the support teams, these iclude a DXDIAG and tasklist. i also genereted a new DXDIAG to accomodate the new headset (renamed to UPDATED DXDIAG.txt)

thanks a lot and excuse the wall of text, i'm just trying to give as much information as possibole.

_info_for_gaijin_support_2019oct17__18_31_09 (1).zip 2019_10_17_17_06_10__8100.clog 2019_10_17_18_30_26__6256.clog 2019_10_17_17_06_55__5188.clog 2019_10_18_11_58_39__3200 (1).clog 2019_10_18_11_33_01__5836.clog 2019_09_22_13_10_17__5564.clog fk3hu7uuf.dmp fk3hu7uuf.zip 2019_09_22_13_13_10__6048.clog bpreport.log 2019_09_22_12_43_51__8348.clog 2019_09_20_14_37_45__6940.clog 2019_09_22_13_10_17__5564.clog 2019_09_20_15_37_56__1144 (1).clog 2019_09_20_15_35_28__7068 (2).clog tasklist (1).txt DxDiag (1).txt UPDATED DxDiag.txt

Edited by nitaihat

• Senior Technical Moderator

Please carry out the following:

1.  Start the game and login etc and wait for hangar screen to load.

2.  Press these keys together to start the profiler  Fn+Alt+F11 (These three buttons together turn the profiler on and off) (Alt+F11 if your keyboard has no Function key - Also for Linux)

3.  Play several games (at least 3) with the profiler on.

4.  After the end of the last game please press Fn + F11(F11 with no Function key - Also for Linux) this will write the information to the clog.  Please include this file with your report.

5.  Press Fn+Alt+F11 to stop the profiler(Alt+F11 if your keyboard has no Function key).

Can you then provide the clog file, replays and (if possible) video of the graphic events.  This will record the interactions between your client and the Game Servers in more detail to assist the Developers and the Technical Moderators solve your issue.

Can you also run a Trace Route please

Click the Windows Icon (bottom left hand side of screen)  This will display the Menu options.
    Choose Run
    Type cmd  (this will open a command shell window)
    Type - tracert warthunder.com
    Press Enter
    Please screenshot and include the path result.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/264900-high-ping-or-frame-rate-issues-please-read-here/

As you can see in hops 5,6,7 & 8 the data issues start well before you reach the Gaijin game server.   I would contact your ISP and show them the tracert and get them to explain why they choose that provider to use.

Do you use a wi-fi connection to your router or a cable?

I use a cable.

I spoke with my ISP an althougth i had a little bit of a hard time with the technical languge they claim that everything is ok on their side and it seems that your understanding of what's going on is much better then theirs. i'm a bit puzzeled as to why i would ask my ISP to explain "why they choose that provider" - isn't an ISP and a provider the same thing?

During truboleshooting with the support team they told me to run the game as admin. i figured out later that despite using compability mode to force all useres to run steam as admin steam cancelled compability mode somehow, i reactivated it.
additionally there was an update to my video card driver, i did a clean install which failed and i have retried several times. after a sucsessful attempt and a few restart i have now played about 4 matches without issue.

i will do a few more matches and update this post tomorrow if i still do not expiriance any problems.

6 hours ago, nitaihat said:

i will do a few more matches and update this post tomorrow if i still do not expiriance any problems.

That is good to hear.  Let me know how it goes.

Just to explain things further to you on this:

On 02/11/2019 at 19:52, nitaihat said:

i'm a bit puzzeled as to why i would ask my ISP to explain "why they choose that provider" - isn't an ISP and a provider the same thing?

ISP's are a collection of "providers".  Often they are only based in a nation or region.  In order to get a given data packet from one side of the World to the other they need to use other ISP's (providers) in differing parts of the World.   The choice (or management) of who and where data packets are sent is based on those management practices by the given national/regional ISP.  Thus ISP 1 in one country will have an agreement to use ISP2 etc in another country as the route for the data packet normally - there are exceptions to this process  ie: if one ISP etc is under DDOS attack or the servers are down for maintenance/overloaded etc.

In your case nta.nv.net appears to be your ISP (Internet Service Provider) the packet travels across their network until they arrive at hop 5 (still part of nta.nv.net) this is where the first packet increase occurs and it continues then for the remaining hops, even when they send the data packet through hop 6 & 7.  These seems to be other providers that nta.nv.net is using.

The Tech section of nta.nv.net should know which server of theirs is - gw1-lnd-7-0-6-gwl-nta.net.il (212.143.12.65) <<  Thjs number is the actual server address on the nta.nv.net network.

This post was written by another System Administrator and myself some time ago explaining some aspects of data/packet management.  But largely remains as relevant today as it was when we wrote it.

thanks a lot for the help. the problem is gone as if it never existed.

i don't know exactly what caused this but if you would like me to run any more tests or anything to ensure that this is resolved compleatly not just for me but also for the rest of the playerbase i'd be glad to help.

thanks a lot to you and the support team.

Thanks for letting us know.

And this makes me think even more that it was a data comms issue.

Happy Hunting

;)