Tiran 5Sh - The Israeli-modified T-55 with a 105mm gun

Tiran 5Sh  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Tiran 5Sh be added into the game?

2. 2. How should the Tiran 5Sh be unlocked?

3. 3. Where should the Tiran 5Sh be placed in the tech tree?

• After the T-55A
    • After the T-62
    • Other (explain in the comments)
    • Undecided/Don't know
    • I voted for it to be a premium/gift/event
    • I don't want it
  4. 4. If added, what BR should it be placed at?

Tiran 5Sh

Israeli-modified T-55

Image result for tiran 5 latrun"

The Tiran 5Sh is a Israeli modification of the Soviet T-55 main battle tank. The biggest modification that the Israelis made to the T-55 is replacing its 100mm gun with a 105mm Sharir gun. Other modifications include modified ammo racks, new communications equipment, a modified driver's hatch that can be opened from the outside, a 7.62mm Browning coaxial machine gun, a cupola-mounted 12.7mm Browning heavy machine gun, a new fire control system and night vision equipment.

During the Six-Day War of 1967, the Israel Defense Forces managed to capture some T-55s from the Syrians and Egyptians and put them into service with the IDF Armored Corps and designated the captured T-55 as the Tiran 5. Some of these Tiran 5s were later modified to mount the 105mm Sharir gun and these were designated the Tiran 5Sh. Reserve units of the IDF operated the Tiran 5 until the early 1990s. Most Tiran 5s were sold to Third World countries and the rest were modified into the Achzarit heavy armored personnel carrier.

The reason why I have suggested that the Tiran 5Sh be added into the game is because it will give the Soviet tech tree an Israeli vehicle and since a standalone Israeli tech tree seems unlikely, it will probably be the only way that we'll be able to play the Israeli-modified Soviet vehicles.

Image result for tiran 5sh blueprints"  

Sources

https://weaponsystems.net/weaponsystem/CC05 - T-55.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-54/T-55_operators_and_variants#Israel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-54/T-55#Middle_East

Edited by SovietGamer2005
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 7
medal

2 minutes ago, Princess_Pinch said:

Open for discussion. :salute:

I'm sorry but why is this being proposed in the USSR sub-forum? This is clearly an Israeli modified vehicle and should be organized in the "Other" section, am I wrong?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Private_Wolk said:

I'm sorry but why is this being proposed in the USSR sub-forum? This is clearly an Israeli modified vehicle and should be organized in the "Other" section, am I wrong?

As he said, there is no techtree for Israel, so it's up to him to decide where to suggest it (as long as it fits to some degree). 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I think there is a chance that we may get a Israeli tree in 1 to 5 years from now. So i would prefer to give my opinion in the Other Nations sugguestions!

Edited by eleks12
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

YES. As a soviet premium. BUT. I think that Ti-67S would fulfill the role much better:

- Built on a highly overhauled T-62

- Changed gun with a 105mm (should fire M111) and also new FCS with better passive night vision.

- Changed engine with the same one as in the Shot Kal Dalet (increased power to weight ratio, neutral turn), which was done by enlarging the hull

- Fitted with Blazer ERA.

ti67blazer_001.jpg

(here you can observe how the hull was lengthened in order to fit the new engine and transmission and also that Centurion turret storage boxes were fitted as well)

Tiran-6-latrun-2.jpg

Edited by Alan_Tovarishch
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

No to it being in Russian tech tree I don't even understand why shot kal dalet had to be in British tech tree

Reason

I might of said yes if Israel had purchased it but it was a spoil of war and shouldn't be given to a nation that is already strong I look forward to Israel being added as they built many unique variants of tanks 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

On 06/12/2019 at 09:32, SasquatchFox360 said:

No to it being in Russian tech tree I don't even understand why shot kal dalet had to be in British tech tree

Reason

I might of said yes if Israel had purchased it but it was a spoil of war and shouldn't be given to a nation that is already strong I look forward to Israel being added as they built many unique variants of tanks 

I agree with your reason. I also don't want it for this reason.

Also, Israel was an enemy of the USSR, which is why Israel never bought any Soviet vehicles or planes.

Adding this, would be equivalent to adding the Phantom II to the USSR tree, and saying that it's okay.

• Upvote 3
medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

British - Shot Kal Dalet 

Americans - Magach, Merkeva, Merkeva 2b

Russians - Tiran 5sh

Sounds right to me, and the Russians would get an appropriate vehicle (90% their own construction) equipped with the L7 105mm.

Its pretty clear that no Israeli tech tree is coming if the Americans get two examples of their signature tank.

Edited by *SGTBushong
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
medal

On 29/12/2019 at 11:45, *SGTBushong said:

British - Shot Kal Dalet 

Russians - Tiran 5sh

Sounds right to me, and the Russians would get an appropriate vehicle (90% their own construction) equipped with the L7 105mm.

Its pretty clear that no Israeli tech tree is coming if the Americans get two examples of their signature tank.

I'd rather have an Israeli tech tree than this.

The Israeli vehicles in the other tech trees can simply be hidden, and become a rare collectibles.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

12 hours ago, Borotovas said:

I'd rather have an Israeli tech tree than this.

The Israeli vehicles in the other tech trees can simply be hidden, and become a rare collectibles.

I agree, the TIran series would make for a very interesting premium tanks in an israeli TT. However in absence of an israeli TT, i´d rather have the TIran on the soviet tree than in the american or whatever.

medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Alan_Tovarishch said:

I agree, the TIran series would make for a very interesting premium tanks in an israeli TT. However in absence of an israeli TT, i´d rather have the TIran on the soviet tree than in the american or whatever.

I think that in the future, the game can move in that direction, to incorporate smaller tech trees. It makes the most sense, and it would give Gaijin more sales for more premiums for small tech trees.

medal medal

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 29/12/2019 at 18:45, *SGTBushong said:

British - Shot Kal Dalet 

Russians - Tiran 5sh

hmmm, that aged well...

• Haha 4
medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

This tank, as well as its modifications including export models, are a must have for an Israeli tree. It would be historically incomplete without it.

An interesting export model for Vietnam is the T-55M3:

s0rLitx_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

• Like 1
medal medal

3 hours ago, Zucc_Boi said:

This tank, as well as its modifications including export models, are a must have for an Israeli tree. It would be historically incomplete without it.

An interesting export model for Vietnam is the T-55M3:

s0rLitx_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

This isn't an export model. It is a T55M3 in Vietnam People's Army which was modified by Israel personnel. This is a prototype which lead to Vietnam's T54M, which is modernized T54B and it has thermal imaging and Spain's made ballistics computer. Unfortunately, the ERA protection coverage is unknown, even with Vietnamese normal people.

2 hours ago, Bigboi_SaiGon said:

This isn't an export model. It is a T55M3 in Vietnam People's Army which was modified by Israel personnel. This is a prototype which lead to Vietnam's T54M, which is modernized T54B and it has thermal imaging and Spain's made ballistics computer. Unfortunately, the ERA protection coverage is unknown, even with Vietnamese normal people.

I don't know what you consider an "export model" but the T-55M3 is one of multiple upgrades done by IMI. 

It is not a direct fit on the Tiran, but it is a spiritual successor to it, much like the Sabra family succeeded the Magach. 

Other upgrades done by Israeli industries following developments for Tiran and other projects include this Blazer-equipped Tiran 5Sh:

32345981410_93650777a4.jpg

And this one equipped with Super Blazer, alleged to be heavy ERA designed around APFSDS:

fm6y6CGfaSbobRstzb179Rv3SdBuFdRh6O0uR3lK

medal medal

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/03/2022 at 15:36, Zucc_Boi said:

And this one equipped with Super Blazer, alleged to be heavy ERA designed around APFSDS:

fm6y6CGfaSbobRstzb179Rv3SdBuFdRh6O0uR3lK

This is the Slovenian M-55S and it shouldn't be added to the Israeli tree.

While the ERA is Israeli, the upgrade to the tank wasn't done by an Israeli industry and no other upgrade to it is related to Israel.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

34 minutes ago, Iskads said:

This is the Slovenian M-55S and it shouldn't be added to the Israeli tree.

While the ERA is Israeli, the upgrade to the tank wasn't done by an Israeli industry and no other upgrade to it is related to Israel.

I do not agree Slovenia tree should not be added Germany>Slovenia

medal medal

• 4 weeks later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.

• Thanks 1