poll  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Do you need Yamato 1945 ?

• Yes, for tree!
    • Yes, for premium!
    • No, there aren't good rivals.
    • Others

On 30/11/2020 at 16:32, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

Any Iowa Class with the historical super heavy shells would be a good match for Yamato. I would even say it the other way around: Yamato would be a good match for Iowa.

Also Gaijin confirmed that, due to the nature of ship design and building, laid down ships count as real when it comes to introducing them, so we will be getting things like H-39 (2 ships laid down) and Sovietsky Soyuz (4 ships laid down).

Iowa compared to Yamato will be a bit more squisher. Considering we don't have FCS systems which would be the main advantage of the Iowa in game. Yamato holds most of the advantages, Fire power is equal to Iowa, better armor making it a tankier ship compared to Iowa, over 100 25mm guns so AA will be more then enough. the Yamato can engage Iowa at longer ranges due to better armor and still brawl at close ranges against other BBs. Iowa and Yamato would be a fun and equal match but Yamato will be pretty strong with what it offers.

Edited by Fireraid233
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 30/11/2020 at 15:32, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

Any Iowa Class with the historical super heavy shells would be a good match for Yamato. I would even say it the other way around: Yamato would be a good match for Iowa.

Also Gaijin confirmed that, due to the nature of ship design and building, laid down ships count as real when it comes to introducing them, so we will be getting things like H-39 (2 ships laid down) and Sovietsky Soyuz (4 ships laid down).

They also mentioned ships with fully completed designs, that were never laid down for whatever reason so Montana might be in the running 

• Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Technical Moderator

"Warship Yamato, Basic Plan Material" (軍艦大和基本計画資料), by Navy Shipbuilding Captain Matsumoto Kitaro

https://jmapps.ne.jp/yamatomuseum/det.html?data_id=131831

https://jmapps.ne.jp/yamatomuseum/det.html?data_id=131832

Perhaps this document is interesting for not only reference of Yamato but also design of several battleships. For example, in volume 1 there are drawings of A140, Amagi, Tosa, Mutsu, Kongo, Nelson, Lord Nelson, Hercules, Hood, Royal Oak, Royal Sovereign, Queen Elizabeth, Iron Duke, Agincourt, Canada, Colorado, California, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Arkansas, Deutschland, Kaiser, Nassau, König, Erin, Thüringen, Lexington, Indianapolis and Northampton is exist. Also, in volume 2 there are simple drawing of Admiral Hiraga's personal new battleship plan

Spoiler

Hiraga personal plan

xlE4PiC.png

• 5 months later...

speed

penetration

0 m

780 m/s (2,559 f/s)

853.31 mm

5 km

690 m/s (2,264 f/s)

716.09 mm

10 km

620 m/s (2,034 f/s)

614.51 mm

15 km

562 m/s (1,844 f/s)

533.99 mm

20 km

521 m/s (1.709 f/s)

479.17 mm

I've calculated Type 91 and Type 1 APC's penetration based on War Thunder Armor Piercing calculator(https://wiki.warthunder.ru/New_formuls_for_calculating_of_the_armour_piercing)

So if spawn range didn't get lengthened from nowdays, battle between last battleships(ex. Iowa, Yamato, etc) in War Thunder would be fight between eggs with hammers. Angling could make longer survive time, but I'm worried about Yamato's angled citadel makes weaker protection in such situation.

Edited by im_blind_idiot
medal medal medal medal

https://i.imgur.com/F000xMq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1ZFTU5o.jpg

find a photo that taken in January 1945, it seems that front 25 mm AA cannons were connected with bridges, which current Yamato museum's model didn't.

https://i.imgur.com/6LVtAmu.jpg

Pit-roads' new Yamato model in 2019 seems more accurate than Yamato museum's model for this case.

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Fireraid233 said:

Basically. They confirmed that the Yamato will be eventually added, but need to wait for the game to be ready for it (aka solving compression issue and adding suitable competitors for most nations).

So, now they are slowly progressing towards more advanced design, as we seen from the Fusou teaser.

• 2 weeks later...

+1

On 07/07/2021 at 20:12, im_blind_idiot said:

speed

penetration

0 m

780 m/s (2,559 f/s)

853.31 mm

5 km

690 m/s (2,264 f/s)

716.09 mm

10 km

620 m/s (2,034 f/s)

614.51 mm

15 km

562 m/s (1,844 f/s)

533.99 mm

20 km

521 m/s (1.709 f/s)

479.17 mm

i REALLY want to know how will APFSDS work for this vehicle? 10000mm pen? huh? xD

medal

• 3 weeks later...

Recently, I found out some video  investigating remnant of IJN Yamato, and got shocked that some of 'what has to be' 25mm triple mount were actually 25mm dual mount.

Spoiler

about 00:06 ~ 00:17

It maybe due to the overall shortage of anti-aircraft weapon in Japan, which were already shown by IJN Musashi, which was originally going to install three additional 127mm dual mount but actually install 25mm triple mount. In this case, I'm worrying that it is 'unhistorical' to say IJN Yamato(1945) has 52 triple 25mm mount, and IJN Yamato(1944) would be rather 'historical' option that we can consider.

https://warthunder.dmm.com/news/detail/8558

As DMM announce they will gather information about IJN Yamato, I wish they would find how many 25mm did IJN Yamato actually carry in 1945, or just decide to decide give Gaijin information of IJN Yamato(1942) or (1944)

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

@SovietShipFcker I'm only seeing 25mm triple mounts and 127mm dual mounts in the video you linked. Maybe you're mistaking the 25mm triple mount seen as a dual mount instead? 

Spoiler
  1. 25mm triple mount
  2. 127mm dual mount
  3. 127mm dual mount (unshielded)

10540626a.jpg

pitgf-92_0.png

1191863-34395-43-pristine.jpg

Edited by JPAU401
Added 127mm unshielded mount
medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, JPAU401 said:

@SovietShipFcker I'm only seeing 25mm triple mounts and 127mm dual mounts in the video you linked. Maybe you're mistaking the 25mm triple mount seen as a dual mount instead? 

00:06~00:17 there are a caption below in Japanese meaning "25mm twin machine gun" unconfirmed in existing material. And even without video, I heard a lot of things about change in analysis of IJN Yamato 1945. For example here were a enclosed passage between main superstructure and 25mm enclosed triple mount which were not seen on the blueprint. From 2016, we have to say IJN Yamato in Operation Ten-1-go is quite different from what we used to say she was.

Edited by SovietShipFcker
  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal

• 10 months later...

I know this was posted before but it such a cool video on the reload cycle, almost looks automated.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.