Allied aircraft

DenumPenguin@live

Low tier is brutal. 

So what's the most broken aircraft in these trees? 

I'm flying with HOTAS and in Gaijins infinite wisdom (probably isn't their fault but not much info) I don't have access to sim battles so I can't quite escape the Pointer Aim just yet.

Should I just give in and use the aircraft with the obvious bias in game at the moment? 

1 v 1 I'm usually fine and have no complaints there.

My issue is the teams die so goddamn fast I find my self in 1 v 5 getting pray and sprayed with those strong cannons.

So I'd like to atleast even my odds and fly the strongest option I've got. 

Because this is so not enjoyable friends have either quit playing or went axis and in their words "immediately found more enjoyable aircraft and gameplay"

Edited by RagingxPenguin@live
To salty
medal

Al tiers are brutal currently due to Gaijin's lack of care to balance aircraft appropriately.

As for "most broken" most of those in the US tree require a lot of knowledge and patience to use right. There are a few that don't though. I am going to single out the P-39N though. It has similar performance to the P-63s 3km and below while being slightly more agile and sits at 3.0. Don't get into fights with other single engined fighters above 4km unless you are facing the Japanese though. Its engine starts to lose power by 3km.

In the British tree I would point you to the 2.7 Typhoon. It is as fast as and can climb with 3.7-4.0 fighters but is at 2.7 due to 12 7.7s. It is also quite agile but it has a poor roll rate so taking advantage of that agility can be difficult.

In the French tree the only truly good fighters are the H-75A-4, P-63 and the Yak-3. Everything else in the entire tree is either below average at best or a good meme and that is it.

Soviets? The Yaks. They have a few quirks though. They hate going up and they love going down in maneuvers. In a climbing spiral many, if not most, other single engined fighters will win. In descending spirals you will beat most everything that isn't Japanese. They have near US fighter speeds in level flight while having very good to great climb rates below 4km. Most of them can't go much above 400mph in a dive though. Also, a majority of Soviet fighters hate being above 4km because their engines start to lose power by 3km.

Chinese? CW-21 or Ki-44-II.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Appreciate it. 

I've had great luck with the Typhoon. The guns leave a little to be desired but it's been fun to fly and can usually park the bombs on a target for some points atleast. 

The Mustang MK1A and XP38 has been good to me also but I'm trying to.. move up in tiers 

The Spitfires have been truely frustrating. I don't mind a glass cannon but they're super fragile with terrible cannons. 

medal

The Cannonstang, as it gets referred to, is a worse performing P-39N at the BR the P-39N should be. The XP-38 is good but it has significant limitations. From 3.3 to 4.3 there isn't much in the US tree that is really good. It is pretty much the P-63s and the F4U-1s that are 3.3 and lower. Above that there is the P-51D-30, P-51H, P-47D-28, P-47M, P-59 and F4U-4B. The P-38K is an honorable mention as it has an amazing climb rate and can beat most opposing fighters by abusing its engine power and the great flaps it has however it has the same significant limitations that the XP-38 does.

The biggest issue with the early Spitfires is the oil cooling issues with the pre Mk.V Spits. That limits you to going above cruise power settings to under 2 minutes unless you want to melt your engine. That said Hispanos are arguably the most accurate performing guns in game when they work. That just goes to show you how over buffed many guns in game are. Yes, the 151/20 should be more powerful but nowhere near as powerful as it currently is.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Honorable mention for the Typhoon mk1b/late.

Great engine power, great turn rate, decent armament.

Same goes for the Tempest variants.

Much less frustrating then Spits. especially with a stick!

I'm using MEC so the Spitfires engine is usually not horrible. Certain maps it does it's best to be a small reactor I've noticed :burned:

What I really don't understand is how unstable it feels. 

It snap rolls and highspeed stalls constantly. If you even take a tiny amount of damage it just gets unbelievably hard to fly. 

They used to sing praises about how good these planes were! 

I do hope the reign the cannons in because I have to Crit people multiple times before they go down. I even appear in front of a gunsight aiming 151s I'm basically dead.

medal

Since you are flying with a Joystick you may get something out of Corsairs, they have in theory very good energy retention which is negated somewhat by mouse aim because control surfaces always fully apply. 

Don`t know how nervous they become with Joystick input, they are fairly agile. 

And I would honestly lean towards US 50. cal planes, I`ve tried to fly with a Joystick sometimes but gave up on it. A high ammo capacity should be very helpful for you. 

You can'`t pump alot of bullets into one specific point, you will most likely draw a line of fire - that is just how it goes with Joystick controls. Hispanos are awful anyway these days and cannons create "gaps" if you pull in any direction.  50 cal creates a tight pattern with its firerate.   

I can`t say much about the P39 but I know the P63 are very unstable even with mouse control, should be similar?

P47, P51 are "mid tier" for my definition, low tier british are a pain with they overheating, hispanos, landing gear and flaps brake at very low speed etc.  Unfortunately Corsairs also suffer from overheating, no clue how well MEC can compensate.  

medal

Will give it a try. 

Yeah the total lack of ammo in some of these makes it hard. 

I was up tiered and scored multiple crits on a FW190D9 and basically spent half my ammo downing it. Roles reversed... It would have ended my quicker...

medal

59 minutes ago, Ska_King_Felix said:

For flying with stick, the P-38s are an absolute joy.  Counter-rotating props and great flaps means that in turns it's pretty hard to spin out, and on top of that the P-38E and (X)P-38G get air spawns.

in sim, they also have great visibility, and give plenty of warning when they're getting close to stalling

medal medal medal medal medal medal

When I first started playing WT I used joystick but over time came to realise that the mouse aimers had such and advantage over me I ended up switching. I couldn't get used to flying with joystick in 3rd person mode, plus in full real controls I kept stalling.

medal medal medal medal

I'm going to stick it out. Getting better everytime. I fly cockpit view mostly also. 

It's not always fun going into this with one hand tied behind your back but when you do score a few kills.

It's very satisfying knowing you did it on hard mode. 

Had some issues with my stick that's been fixed also. 

Just being more picky about plane types to ensure I get a bit of an advantage... Or atleast avoiding the ones that the Devs didn't care about.

medal

On 26/02/2020 at 01:55, RagingxPenguin@live said:

2.4, 2.4 and still tweaking rudder to what I'd like.

You should try to limit your rudder by "correction" or what this option for a joystick axis is called again! Start with 70% which means your rudder will only apply to 70% on max input with your physical axis.

Full rudder is usally what gets you in trouble and losing control.

I found you don`t really need a 100% rudder movement and it reduced and on some planes removed that weird wobbeling effect you get when you let lose of rudder. At least I had this where the nose would swing from one side to the other a few times after coming back from applied rudder to straight rudder. 

medal

Went to 90% so far and have been playing with the dead zone

If I'm using rudder it has to be done very gently (atleast in the Spit) 

With Lightening I can do some nice skids on the head on passes, bagged a few this way. 

It's getting closer to what I want, still isn't ideal but that will take a while to dial in 

medal