Israeli Aircraft Industries (IAI) Sa’ar / Dassault Super Mystere B2 (J52-P-8A)

Israeli Aircraft Industries (IAI) Sa’ar / Dassault Super Mystere B2 (J52-P-8A)  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Sa'ar be represented in the game as a French premium/event aircraft?

• Yes, as a premium.
    • Yes, through an event.
    • No.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Suggestion Moderator
On 18/06/2021 at 20:17, FlightLover said:

The only thing I was waiting for has finally been leaked! I hope they make the 3 color scheme which was more common. I also really love the trapezoidal identificators that were added after the Yom Kippur war, hopefully we'll have that option too. 

126032551_2705578546321266_3136592542984091608_o.jpg

125095797_2704614089751045_3417907359470735526_o.jpg

Well, saying it was more common isn't really accurate, it's just from a different time period. From this source in Hebrew here: https://user-1723486.cld.bz/israeli-air-force-battle-1948-2018/458/ there are a few pages talking about the Sa'ar and on this page you can actually see all 3 color schemes it used in order:

Capture8642.thumb.PNG.ff52e041d91d70062d

It appears the leaked CDK model is using the color scheme that was used on the Sa'ar prototypes during their development period, next you have the "desert" scheme without the trapezoids which was used during the war of attrition with Egypt (1967-1970) and the one that you want is the color scheme used during the Yom Kippur war of 1973. In the end it's really just a matter of choice which color scheme this plane should get. Either way I'm sure if this plane is added we will see some user made skins for it so we can at least expect that :)

• Suggestion Moderator
1 hour ago, MonkeyBussiness said:

someone has data on the Shaffrir 2 ?

The source I cited has information on it, as well as Rafael's official website here https://he.rafael.co.il/history/תולדות-שפריר-2/ (unfortunately they don't seem to have an English page for this). Other than that there are numerous pilot testimonies that used Shafrir 2 missiles during combat. All the data points to the missile being comparable or even slightly more capable than Aim-9D sidewinders. Technically speaking if Gaijin wanted to they could just use the stats of the Aim-9D or Aim-9G.

Edited by yoyolast
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 18/04/2020 at 14:02, TheBlazero said:

For tanks, Israel has plenty to cover from tier 1 and up, issue is for aircraft mostly, because before the Avia S199 which would make an okay tier 2 or 3, the only aircraft available were basically Piper cubs.

If an Israeli tree is ever implemented, the air tree definitely needs to be one of those you should be able to unlock similar to the helicopter ones.

They had some other stuff that could fill the lower tiers, but I will say that their lower tiers would be kinda sparse, particularly in regards to fighters (most of their fighters in 1948 were S-199s, Spitfire Mk.IXes, and P-51Ds - anything lower than those would probably be non-fighters pressed into the role) - they actually have plenty of options for low tier attackers and bombers (armed variants of the T-6 Texan, C-46s and C-47s pressed into service as improvised bombers, Lockheed Hudsons, a PBY etc.).  Probably not much worse off than Sweden is in that regard though.

Edited by Z3r0_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the Sa'ar has been implemented with update 2.13 Winged Lions,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions. :salute: