WarThunder Real-Time Information

_avb_

WarThunder Real-Time Information

WTRTI gives you ability to monitoring, logging, and display the state of your plane.

Features:

• More than 30 types of indicators(Climb, AoA, Turning time, Turning radius, WEP remain, Booster remain, etc.).

Note: Ammo related information is not available (or very limited) on the web-map, so it cannot be added to the app.

• Two types of OSD(On-screen display):

RTSS - using "RivaTuner Statistics Server" OSD functionality. Works with any window mode.
           WTRTI - Borderless window with transparency. Requires "Fullscreen Window" mode to be enabled.

• Custom indicators(v1.8+), allows you to make a new indicators with a specific reading properties from localhost:8111.
  • Lua scripts(v2.0+), for custom processing of indicator values.
  • VR support (SteamVR only).
  • Per-vehicle Profile, with auto-loading at the beginning of a battle.
  • Logging flight data into .csv file (Comma-separated values). Read more in "Logging & MER calculation" section.
  • Custom "Alert" conditions for Indicators.
  • MER(Maneuvering Energy Retention).
  • "Game chat" window, with ability to copy in-game chat messages into clipboard or open them in Google Translate web-page.
  • Battle log keyword highlights .

How it works:

WTRTI won't do any modifications to the process of the game or its data. It's simply receiving data from localhost:8111(Web-map), process(e.g convert to other Units) and displays it as overlay(OSD).

Installation:

1. Download .zip file from the link below.

2. Unzip it to a separate directory (NOT to the game root directory, the launcher deletes foreign .exe files in there).

3. Run WTRTI.exe.

System requirements:

Game: Full client+

*DEV Server or Minimal client users, see Troubleshooting section for a workaround.

Linux: Ubuntu 20.04 and later

Borderless window mode requires enabled Compositor.
      Graphics: Any OpenGL 3.3 compatible GPU or greater                     

*RTSS OSD: Rivatuner Statistics Server v7.3+ (download link)

*VR: SteamVR

* optional requirements.

Download

WIP versions

Due to the situation in my country(Ukraine) I may not always be online and have the "game activity" that needed for the forum.

So if you have any questions or bug reports, please write me in a private message.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

wtrti-themes.jpg
rxfVuG7.png
LsrcakO.png
2nfQ73Q.png

wllmy6U.png

Tooltips:

Spoiler

If you don't understand what some of the controls do, just hover over them with your mouse. A tooltip will appear.

wtrti_v2.1_tooltip.png.de2c7e59739903c00

Setup RTSS OSD:

Spoiler

1. Download and launch the RTSS.
vE3VZjF.png

2. By default RTSS font is "Unispace" if you don't like it, you can change to something else, for example "Consolas, regular, 7".
w0Kslmr.png

3. Open WTRTI, and Add new indicators to the list.

ZJ0tkfT.png

4. Launch the War Thunder(*Recommended* to launch War Thunder after RTSS), and start "Test flight" (in main menu, OSD is hidden).
5. In "Test flight" now we can see our OSD, so lets move it, by using "Hotkeys" or you can change position in GUI "Settings->Layout->Position".

47uqTmW.png

6. Done!

W05KPBz.png

Setup WTRTI OSD:

Spoiler

1. Launch WTRTI, and Add some indicators.

ZJ0tkfT.png

2. Open "Settings". In OSD section, select OSD type - "WTRTI". Click on "Aa" for change of font.
jKSt1gO.png

3. Start the War Thunder and in Graphics settings switch to the "Fullscreen Window" mode.
gur9hLq.png

4. Start "Test Flight". And there you can see OSD. If you want to move it, use "Hotkeys" or you can change position in GUI "Settings->Layout->Position"

5wMlK0S.png

5. Done!

x0zchST.png

VR:

Spoiler
  • VR support implemented with SteamVR, requires it to be installed.
  • SteamVR Controller Bindings support. Allows you to assign VR controller buttons to specific WTRTI actions. To make settings to be available in SteamVR, you need first go in a "Test Flight" or a Battle, and then select WTRTI from the list of programs in the SteamVR's Controller Bindings window.
  • Hotkeys:

CTRL-ALT-V - toggles "HMD tracking" mode.
          CTRL-ALT-Z - toggles "Left controller tracking" mode.
          CTRL-ALT-X - toggles "Right controller tracking" mode.
          CTRL-ALT-S - saves overlay's position and rotation from "tracking" modes to the no "tracking" mode.
          SHIFT-ALT-R - resets overlay's position and rotation(x:0.0, y:0.0, z:-0.5).
          SHIFT-ALT-<LEFT/RIGHT> - moves overlay on X axis.
          SHIFT-ALT-<UP/DOWN> - moves overlay on Y axis.
          SHIFT-ALT-<PAGE UP/PAGE DOWN> - moves overlay on Z axis.
          SHIFT-ALT-Q - decrease overlay's size.
          SHIFT-ALT-E - increase overlay's size.

• For Oculus users:

To make the game to run through SteamVR, you have to set the compatibility mode to Windows 7, for aces.exe in win32 and win64 folders.
          How-To: In the game root folder, open win32 folder and find aces.exe, open its Properties and set Compatibility mode to Windows 7:

tfhG4Fd.png
          Do the same for aces.exe in win64 folder.

It is also recommended to run the game through Steam.

• Tutorials:

OBS (Streaming):

Spoiler
  • RTSS Overlay:

In OBS, open properties of War Thunder capture source, and enable "Capture third-party overlays (such as steam)". Or, you can use "Display capture" source.

Spoiler

owCVH1P.png

• WTRTI Overlay:

In OBS, add new source "Game Capture", select "Capture specific window" to "WTRTI OSD", and setup properties as in the screenshot below:

Spoiler

jia8aZP.png

OSD on a second screen:

Spoiler

Simply switch "Window mode" (Settings->OSD) to "Windowed" and move the "WTRTI OSD" window to a second screen.

wtrti_windowed.png.eee6ce0d4b9f13ed12b02

Custom indicators:

Spoiler

wtrti_v2.1_custom_indic_1.png.d03de46796 wtrti_custom_indic_2.png.f897571889a790f wtrti_state.png.9291973612934be25c762bb8

Open "Add" window (+ button) -> New (or RMB on the indicators list) - it will to show the menu with ability to add/delete/edit a custom indicator.
"State Key" - allows to set a parameter string for reading data from localhost:8111.
        Use "State" window(press F2 in the main window) to see which parameters are available.
        Empty "State Key" - switches the indicator into "label" mode, which will only show OSD name and triggering an alerts.
        Replacing numbers in "State Key" with "%d", allows to read multiple parameters (e.g. multiple engines) with the same key.
              Examples:
                      RPM 1 -> RPM %d
                      manifold_pressure1 -> manifold_pressure%d

Logging & MER calculation:

Spoiler

To start Logging, you have to switch to "Benchmark mode" (CTRL-ALT-B) and then press X to start process (this hotkey can be remapped Settings->Hotkeys->Benchmark mode->Logging (Toggle) ).

Generated .csv file is located in the "Logs" folder.

Rb3jL2Y.png

QCmIn0V.png

Per-vehicle Profile:

Spoiler
  • To save Profile for a specific vehicle, go in a battle or in "Test flight" and press on Save Profile button("floppy disk" in the main window), save it with a name of vehicle (the app should suggest you a name) in the "Profiles" folder(in the app root folder).
  • To enable auto-loading of profiles, open "Settings" and turn on "Auto-load profiles" option. Auto-loading works only with a profiles which is located in the "Profiles" folder.

Alerts:

Spoiler

Alert , allows you to specify a range of values within which you will be alerted visually ( colour ) or audibly if the value exceeds the threshold .

For sound alerts it is recommended that you use a ' relative path ' for audio files by selecting files from the WTRTI root directory . This will allow you to create a more portable configuration that you can share with other users .

wtrti_alert_1.png.9d4427665b70d2f52bb3ea wtrti_alert_2.png.edfa95b0386240a621aabb

Game chat:

Spoiler

Game chat allows you to copy or translate messages of the in-game chat.
- Double-click on message - opens Google Translate webpage with selected message.
- RMB on message - copies message into clipboard.

DMxiLgv.png

Custom Localization:

Spoiler

After the first launch of the program, a "Localization" folder will be created, which will contain a localization sample ("Sample" folder with "Description" and "Translation" files). Use it as a template for localization.
For localization to be recognized by the program, you need specify an unique language name in the "Description" file. Also, give an unique name to the folder where the "Description" and "Translation" files are located. A folder named "Sample" will be ignored by the program.
"Description" and "Translation" files must be UTF-8 encoded.

In the future, to update your localization to the latest version of the program, use the command line(recommended to make a backup before that):
   WTRTI.exe -ul "Translation file"
Then you can continue to localize "Translation" file.

Fonts:

Spoiler

WTRTI OSD:

wtrti_fonts_1.png.07202521be5b7ccfc416da wtrti_font_2.png.fbb28c68dc311e1c6d901c6

RTSS OSD:

vE3VZjF.png

w0Kslmr.png

Recommended to use monospace fonts. Here is a list some of them:
- Consolas
- Unispace
- Default Normal (Copyright (c) 2009 by Oleg Macujev) - this one is using by the game.

Hotkeys:

Spoiler
  • ALT + SHIFT + LEFT/RIGHT - moves OSD along the X axis.
  • ALT + SHIFT + UP/DOWN - moves OSD along the Y axis.
  • CTRL + ALT + F12 - toggles showing of OSD.
  • CTRL + ALT + B - toggles Benchmark mode.

In the "Benchmark mode":

•  X - toggles process of logging/MER (hotkey can be remapped, "Settings->Logger->Toggle logging").

Troubleshooting:

Spoiler

"Not working with DEV server":

WTRTI may not work, if the vehicle does not have a cockpit or the game client is Minimal, which causes the indicators.json file to be missing on localhost:8111.
    In this case, try enabling "Handle data in every game mode" (Settings -> Advanced tab).
    Beware: Some of the indicators will not work (e.g Critical AoA, Wing Flutter), due to the limited amount of data available from localhost:8111.

"OSD is not show up" / "Data is not updated in the main window":

If you have Antivirus, try to add exclusion for WTRTI.

For McAfee users:

Spoiler

In the Firewall, allow WTRTI to have full network access("Open to all device").

fmNyF0X.png

tZrptXi.png

1ro6cPg.png

oKIOVMC.png

BpFPZ48.png

"Data is not updating when ALT-TAB to the game":
       Try to turn off Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling: https://www.thenerdmag.com/how-to-turn-off-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling-on-windows-10/

"RTSS OSD is not working":
       RTSS may conflict with other overlays, try disabling them first.

If you running the game through Steam, you can disable overlay for War Thunder, just open Properties->General-> Uncheck the "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game"

"WTRTI OSD: transparency is not working/black rectangle":

Compositor(Windows: DWM) on your system is not working properly. Can be few things:

1. Graphics driver issue, try to reinstall it.
           2. Windows is corrupted (sfc /scannow).

"Flight data is not being written to the CSV file":
       Perhaps Antivirus restricts write access, try to add exclusion for WTRTI.

* This is not approved by the Developers.  All those who use it, do so at their own responsibility. *

Edited by _avb_
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 15
medal medal medal

11 hours ago, Templar_ said:

Will you be providing source code so users can be sure it doesn't do anything that could lead to account termination?

In the near future, I do not plan to open source. This program does not do anything illegal. It only processes data from a localhost:8111.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

On 18/04/2020 at 10:24, _avb_ said:

This is not approved by the Developers.  All those who use it, do so at their own responsibility.

medal medal

3 hours ago, IRONC4T said:

Wonder if it's 100% OK to use tho

No one approves, and no one forbids.

Slavic pilots has been using this over 2 months already.

https://forum.warthunder.ru/index.php?/topic/279736-wtrti-otobrazhenie-informatsii-o-samolete-cherez-rtss/

57 minutes ago, *J26Lennox26 said:

This is the moderators asked me to add. Although the program does not violate any rules.

Edited by _avb_
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Zekex said:

However, virus is detected in Ver0.61 or later.

Is this just me?

There is http requests and no Code signing(cost n$), so windows defender can recognize it as trojan, although there is none.

Edited by _avb_
medal medal medal

WTRTI v0.6.3

Download

Changes:

Скрытый текст

Indicators:

• New:

- "Pitch angle, deg"
         - "Roll angle, deg"

OSD:

•  "Hide if value" - hides the indicator if the value matches the condition:

x = y
             x < y
             x > y

• Like 1
medal medal medal

Amazing work!

I feel that something along this functionality should be stock - the data can be legally accessed by the player, so why not give an option to customize the HUD without some amazing software like this.

Hope someone from Gaijin confirms that they don't have anything against it - it breakes no rules AFAIK, but it would be great to be just a bit more sure.

I have a question - what is the chance that any future updates may break this widget?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
medal medal

1 hour ago, Zekex said:

Can it be modified to insert whitespace if possible?

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by that? where do you need whitespace?

medal medal medal

I'm using Google Translate so sorry if English is wrong

I'm using this tool with a layout like the one on the left, but I think a layout like the one on the right is also possible if you can insert a blank

WTRI.png

Edited by Zekex
medal medal medal medal medal

26 minutes ago, Zekex said:

I'm using this tool with a layout like the one on the left, but I think a layout like the one on the right is also possible if you can insert a blank

Did you tried increase "Indicators interval"?

Spoiler

sett.thumb.PNG.7a854e0bfb527fdf593dd9242

medal medal medal

I'm sorry I didn't have enough explanation

I want to arrange like this

There is also a way to have the application change to multiple launchable to place the item in multiple places

blank.jpg

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Oh, know I probably understand what you talk about...You want something like a group-layout. Every group has different position....I thought about this before...maybe in a future, I'll make it.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

10 hours ago, ClassicPilot_17 said:

I was wondering if oil radiator status will be implemented in the future?

Yes, I can add that.

medal medal medal

WTRTI v0.7

Download

Changes:

Spoiler

Indicators:

• Added:

- "Oil radiator, %"

•  Calculating "turn" indicators for planes which doesn't have it in tactical web-map(La-15, Me163, He51).

OSD:

•  Groups: allows you to group indicators and place them in different positions.   

Spoiler

wllmy6U.png

medal medal medal