Future Tree of Japan (Rank V+)

NineTailedFoX

This is not a suggestion. Just my imagination of how the Japanese tech tree could look like in the future. Dozens of WW2 era Japanese aircraft still waiting to be added. So, not even needed to mention them. This tree is including Tier 5 and higher aircrafts we can see in the future;

1597703253_PAINTWT.thumb.png.2a9bd9cf40a

There is 2 F-35s. First one is F-35A and the second one is F-35B

Edited by NineTailedFoX
  • Like 1
medal

53 minutes ago, NineTailedFoX said:

This is not a suggestion. Just my imagination of how the Japanese tech tree could look like in the future. Dozens of WW2 era Japanese aircraft still waiting to be added. So, not even needed to mention them. This tree is including Tier 5 and higher aircrafts we can see in the future;

1597703253_PAINTWT.thumb.png.2a9bd9cf40a

There is 2 F-35s. First one is F-35A and the second one is F-35B

I like it but there are some stuff missing or some that are questionable. Like we know EJ Kai is being worked on which will go after EJ. 

I think we can see F-15J and similar to the Phantoms after J we see J Kai. I think we get premiums like that it should be for example an F-15J with a special Camo similar to F40 or U.S F35. Could T4 carry weapons? Also i Think T1 could replace the R2Y2s or be after them. As for the Japanese F35s while they are fighters i see them more as attackers but idk. 

HA4514-50th-Anniversary-JASDF-16 (1).jpg

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, SasquatchFox360 said:

The T1 will replace the the r2y2 as they never existed and will be removed eventually 

From @Smin1080p

R2Y2s were introduced during a period of the games development where they were added to be counterparts to the other jet bombers of other nations because aviation was not then foreseen to move much past the Korean war. They were added to balance out Japan in an area where nothing else existed for them to be added.

Now the games development as since changed and we have move past that period, there is nothing as of yet that has been located as a viable replacement candidate for them. Hence why unlike Panther II, Flak 341 and KT 105mm they have not been removed. 

Their existance in game however is not a greenlight for even more paper things to be added with no good reason or purpose. 

medal

The T-1 so far as i'm aware could at most be equipped with two M3 .50cals. Not sure how many rpg. And i think one of the two .50cals were in a gunpod. Does anyone have any concrete armament data for it?

medal medal medal medal medal

35 minutes ago, Th3hadyn said:

The T-1 so far as i'm aware could at most be equipped with two M3 .50cals. Not sure how many rpg. And i think one of the two .50cals were in a gunpod. Does anyone have any concrete armament data for it?

You can check this out

• Technical Moderator

As far as I know T-4 did not have any weapon. XT-4 had one 7.62 mm gunpod but production model does not get it.

IMO I want to see historical version of Kikka.

17 hours ago, Th3hadyn said:

1 M2 200 rounds in the nose and 1 SUU-12 per wing which would mean 1 M3 with 750 rpg.

Edited by PickleJarOfDeath
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal

• 9 months later...
On 20/05/2020 at 21:16, PickleJarOfDeath said:

1 M2 200 rounds in the nose and 1 SUU-12 per wing which would mean 1 M3 with 750 rpg.

1800 rounds total, not bad amount at all. Want to ask, what about the T33A? I don't see in on the list XD

• Like 1
medal medal medal

F-15J pre-modernized and F-15J "Kai" 2 F-15s for Japan sounds nice. F-2 would end that line F-35s would also end that line. F-3 makes no sense as we have yet to even see the plane itself. Let alone it would be too new and modern for gaijin to ever add to the game sadly...at best maybe we can hope for a X-2 Shinshin but im not sure if it ever even carried weapons. T-4 is in a similar issue it never actually carried weapons, there is something about a gun pod but so far i have yet to see if it's a 20mm or 7.62mm and ammo. The Vampire from i heard it was an unarmed version so it would not be able to come to the game. A plane that is missing there is the F-4EJ Kai maybe even a RF-4EJ KAI premium. Sorry for the long post XD

Edited by Fireraid233

2 minutes ago, Fireraid233 said:

F-15J pre-modernized and F-15J "Kai" 2 F-15s for Japan sounds nice. F-2 would end that line F-35s would also end that line. F-3 makes no sense as we have yet to even see the plane itself. Let alone it would be too new and modern for gaijin to ever add to the game sadly...at best maybe we can hope for a X-2 Shinshin but im not sure if it ever even carried weapons. T-4 is in a similar issue it never actually carried weapons, there is something about a gun pod but so far i have yet to see if it's a 20mm or 7.62mm and ammo. The Vampire from i heard it was an unarmed version so it would not be able to come to the game. A plane that is missing there is the F-4EJ Kai maybe even a RF-4EJ KAI premium. Sorry for the long post XD

It's apparently based off the DH.115 vampire which seems like it was never armed.

I just did a quick google search and it appears its cannon slots are intact giving the impression it is indeed armed. 

1315670-large.jpg

medal medal medal

Just now, WayOfTheWolk said:

I just did a quick google search and it appears its cannon slots are intact giving the impression it is indeed armed. 

1315670-large.jpg

Hmm that's interesting. Untill now no one has actually found a pic like that. There is even an old suggestion on it. But if it was armed that is great than.

Does seem like it was armed after all.

dd0esy3-b9c32672-7f68-426e-a0cd-aa8a2e86074b.jpg

• Suggestion Moderator
11 hours ago, WayOfTheWolk said:

I was unaware that Japan used a Vampire T.55, is there any additional information on this aircraft in Japanese service?

Single T.55 purchased for trials. They decided to acquire and license build T-33's instead. 

• 11 months later...

I kinda feel like that the F-1's and even the EJ-Kai can split into 2 vehicles, this is mainly because some of the weapons that both planes used were not implemented until later into it's service life. For example the F-1 is accepted into service in 1978 while the AIM-9L, a all-aspect missile that the F-1 used wasn't implemented on the F-1 (o the very least officially accepted on the F-1) until at least 1990, the ASM-2 is another example (it was officially accepted into service in 93)

Also the FS-T2-Kai can also be added either as a Tier VI Premium, Event or even as a potential Squadron Vehicle (Japan currently doesn't have a Squadron aircraft)

8 minutes ago, AspandaIV said:

I kinda feel like that the F-1's and even the EJ-Kai can split into 2 vehicles, this is mainly because some of the weapons that both planes used were not implemented until later into it's service life. For example the F-1 is accepted into service in 1978 while the AIM-9L, a all-aspect missile that the F-1 used wasn't implemented on the F-1 (o the very least officially accepted on the F-1) until at least 1990, the ASM-2 is another example (it was officially accepted into service in 93)

Also the FS-T2-Kai can also be added either as a Tier VI Premium, Event or even as a potential Squadron Vehicle (Japan currently doesn't have a Squadron aircraft)

In a way they already are.

T-2--->F-1

F-4EJ--->F-4EJ Kai

Having to grind yet another F-1 or EJ Kai just for better missiles is a bad thing when you can literally just add them in as a new modification.

As for FS-T2 Kai it would be better as a premium since all they have is the F-40 Sabre as their best premium which is overtired.

43 minutes ago, Fireraid233 said:

In a way they already are.

T-2--->F-1

F-4EJ--->F-4EJ Kai

Having to grind yet another F-1 or EJ Kai just for better missiles is a bad thing when you can literally just add them in as a new modification.

This issue can be easily solved by putting them into a folder so you can ignore the later variants

I'm mainly saying this since Japan doesn't have a lot of options to choose from in terms of Jets as well as the issue of BR gaps

• Upvote 1

I feel like F-35 are a complete "no go", since it's overclassified, and not many nations will have equivalents.

Also, i do think that a Recon RF-4EJ will be the premium instead of the F-15J from your picture.

The F-15J and then F-15Ej Kai will be techtree.

Trainners are hard to be placed in game, but will definetly replace R2Y2's.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 24/02/2021 at 23:11, Fireraid233 said:

Hmm that's interesting. Untill now no one has actually found a pic like that. There is even an old suggestion on it. But if it was armed that is great than.

Does seem like it was armed after all.

dd0esy3-b9c32672-7f68-426e-a0cd-aa8a2e86074b.jpg

from what i could read it wasnt armed at all. it was a export model of one of their own trainers which was stripped of all the guns and weapon mountings. likely any you see that have guns are likely conversions either from a t55 or to a t55 and kept the guns.

medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, AspandaIV said:

This issue can be easily solved by putting them into a folder so you can ignore the later variants

I'm mainly saying this since Japan doesn't have a lot of options to choose from in terms of Jets as well as the issue of BR gaps

Um no but I disagree I refuse to have to grind another 400k rp and then some more just to get access to AIM-9Ls or AAM-3s...that's not giving Japan options that just adding more unnecessary grind.

The issue with Japan is not currently their T6 they have the 104J, T-2, F-1, F-4EJ all of which are solid picks.

T7 Japan only has the EJ Kai but it's arguably one of the best top tier fighters right behind the MLD. The issue with Japan is the lack of a T6 premium and also Japan going forward. As you may know Japan doesn't have much in terms of Gen 4 aircraft. And unless we get those F-16AJ/BJ as options Japan is stuck with the EJ Kai until early F-15Cs come to the game.

We have actually already seen them add new missiles to existing aircraft already like the addition of sparrows to Phantoms these were added as mods not as a whole new aircraft to grind just to unlock sparrows...

6 hours ago, Cpt_Bel_V said:

not many nations will have equivalents.

Pretty much half the nations in game have access to the F-35 just from the top of my head U.S, Italy, Britain, Japan, it's possible Germany might get them if they go with the purchase. Russia, China have their own gen 5 aircraft that can be added. However I do agree it's very classified but we will reach a point where we will have classified aircraft or classified technologies coming in.

5 minutes ago, Fireraid233 said:

Um no but I disagree I refuse to have to grind another 400k rp and then some more just to get access to AIM-9Ls or AAM-3s...that's not giving Japan options that just adding more unnecessary grind.

The issue with Japan is not currently their T6 they have the 104J, T-2, F-1, F-4EJ all of which are solid picks.

T7 Japan only has the EJ Kai but it's arguably one of the best top tier fighters right behind the MLD. The issue with Japan is the lack of a T6 premium and also Japan going forward. As you may know Japan doesn't have much in terms of Gen 4 aircraft. And unless we get those F-16AJ/BJ as options Japan is stuck with the EJ Kai until early F-15Cs come to the game.

We have actually already seen them add new missiles to existing aircraft already like the addition of sparrows to Phantoms these were added as mods not as a whole new aircraft to grind just to unlock sparrows...

Pretty much half the nations in game have access to the F-35 just from the top of my head U.S, Italy, Britain, Japan, it's possible Germany might get them if they go with the purchase. Russia, China have their own gen 5 aircraft that can be added. However I do agree it's very classified but we will reach a point where we will have classified aircraft or classified technologies coming in.

Then,... let's add the NGF for France,... Nice a 6th gen not even designed yet to fight off 5th gen,... there will be a problem,... even DCS is not adding 5th gen apart from players who created mods.

This prove the task to be uterly difficult to gaijin,...

So many problematics that can't be ridden off.

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Bel_V said:

Then,... let's add the NGF for France,... Nice a 6th gen not even designed yet to fight off 5th gen,... there will be a problem,... even DCS is not adding 5th gen apart from players who created mods.

This prove the task to be uterly difficult to gaijin,...

So many problematics that can't be ridden off.

Yeah I don't want gen 5s but even with gen 4s there will be late gen 4 aircraft with classified information or technologies at some point.

26 minutes ago, Fireraid233 said:

Yeah I don't want gen 5s but even with gen 4s there will be late gen 4 aircraft with classified information or technologies at some point.

I know but we have more informations about those 4th gen than any other 5th and 6th,...

• 1 year later...

Well somthing interesting popped up at dsei 2023. Japan has been looking to replace the T-4 with either a domestic option or foreign option I guess this might be in that competition 

photo_l.jpg.d65f275c74ccb1f285bc90f6c0d1

Also scale model of the new GCAP Fighter 

Edited by Fireraid233

4 hours ago, Fireraid233 said:

Well somthing interesting popped up at dsei 2023. Japan has been looking to replace the T-4 with either a domestic option or foreign option I guess this might be in that competition 

photo_l.jpg.d65f275c74ccb1f285bc90f6c0d1

This plane reminde me of Yak-130 i wonder if it gonna have weapon straped on it:pogsnail:

• Like 1
medal medal medal