B1 Centauro 105 (Serial variants)

B1 Centauro serial variants  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see B1 Centauro serie I in the game?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know
  2. 2. Do you want to see B1 Centauro serie II in the game?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know
  3. 3. Do you want to see B1 Centauro serie III in the game?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

blindo-centauro.jpg

Introduction

For now, at the moment I'm writing this suggestion, in War Thunder we have B1 Centauro (Pre-serie) and B1 Centauro Romor (which is made of 1st serie, but in quite few numbers). Currently we are missing main variants of Centauro 105, which have been used extensively by the Italian army. These variants don't have a lot of differences, but enough to make them necessary to be introduced into the game.

General Info 

B1 Centauro 105 is a well-known Italian vehicle, one of the main 4 ground workhorses of the Italian modern tank warfare (Freccia, Dardo, Ariete and Centauro). B1 Centauro is a wheeled tank destroyer, armed with 105 mm cannon. According to manufacturer (CIO - The Iveco - Oto Melara Consortium) the Centauro can reach a max speed of 110 km/h on roads and meets all NATO mobility standard specifications for obstacles, trench breaching and slope tests. The vehicle is fitted with run flat tyres allowing it to operate in the most extreme terrain. Low ground pressure allows the vehicle to manoeuvre over rocks, sand, marsh and soft grounds.

The first prototype arrived in 1986, but serious production started only in 1990. B1 Centauro 105 has 3 main series: the first one (which includes 10 pre-series and 90 standard vehicles), it's characterized by a hull and turrent not prepared for the installation of additional protections (originally it also lacks laser warning system and smoke grenades, but these modifications are optional and could be installed during service - but still presense on Centauro (P) and Romor seems wrong, because system consists of LWR + Galix 80 mm grenades). the second and the third series (total more 300 vehicles), characterized by a hull and a turret with an improved ballistic protection and the possibility to transport two or four equipped explorers; they have got a Laser Warning System combined with GALIX 80 mm instead of 76 mm Wegmann smoke grenades.

Specifications

Spoiler

1st serie (similar to B1 Centauro in WT), but more modern shells (M735 apfsds) are included into the ammo preset:

https://wiki.warthunder.com/Centauro

2nd and 3rd series (from CIO website, some values can be different due to brochure shows values of vehicles fitted with Hitfact I for export):

image.png.e0254b86d82e0183f5ec21fc73b092

https://www.iveco-otomelara.com/docs/Centauro-I.pdf

How to introduce into the game and why it's necessary:

B1 Centauro, apart from being one of the most recognizable vehicles of the Italian army, is one of key vehicles of the Italian Ground Forces Tech Tree in War Thunder. In my opinion it should be represented as widely as C1 Ariete for example. B1 Centauro 105 serial variants are also very useful to create Italian pre-top line ups, such as 8.7(currently only 1 vehicle - OF-40 Mk.2A in the game), 9.7 (currently only 1 vehicle - Ariete(P) in the game).

(Proposed brs are just my opinions and are not mandatory, photos chosen by me are exact representation of 3-d models I want to see in the game)

B1 Centauro serie I will be very similar to in-game B1 Centauro, the only real difference can be the presense of apfsds shell M735, which can make this vehicle a good 8.3 tank destroyer (I think if it's introduced it should be in the folder with B1 Centauro (P)).

Photo:

Spoiler

2344_12.jpg

B1 Centauro serie II  is a perfect candidate for 8.7. Better turret characteristics together with better shells (either M735 or DM23 or both as on CV90 TML) will make it an ideal 8.7 vehicle.

The second version was produced with additional armor as standard, and consists of vehicles from 101 to 250.

Photo:

Spoiler

image.png.cb1e703c77049595c7f4c5e88b7a12

B1 Centauro serie III  is a "link" vehicle between Centauro Romor and Centauro MGS 120 and represents the most modern variant of B1 Centauro 105. It can have access to DM33 (or maybe even DM63) and also improved thermal equipment, similar to one on Centauro MGS 120 and 2 top Arietes (including commander thermals, but probably only 1st gen (currently under investigation)), TURMS, all of this will make this Centauro a perfect neighbor of Ariete(P) at 9.7 (or 9.3). 

The third and last version, from 251 to 400, also with additional armor, has been lengthened by 22 cm in the rear ( and for this reason defined as long) allowing 2-4 infantrymen to be accommodated in folding seats, after removing the two rear shot reserves (1-2 12-rounds ammoracks).

Photo (Note: I will highly appreciate if devs model these chains and special camo covering, similar to the one we already have in the game on a new Challenger 2):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6c361b8cd0510e22f519bca5

PS For now B1 Centauro (P) or Pre-serie is called that way only in Italian localization, so if these serial variants are comming,current B1 Centauro should get (P) - Pre-serie in its name in all versions (languages) of the launcher. 

Sources

1. Esercito Italiano official website (means - B1 Centauro)

2. The official CIO website (Vehicles - Centauro I)

3.  https://www.militarypedia.it/iveco-centauro/

4. Leonardo brochure "Hitfact I"

5. TURMS-D

6. TURMS

7. A century of Italian armored cars by Nicola Pignato

Spoiler

image.png.65155e55202b8def49cc680202f000

Additional!: White Thunder - Centauro Inside Out

Edited by _Condottiero_
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 18
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Thanks 1

+1, i hope that at least the serie II and  III don't hullbreak in the turret like the radwagon 90, because hullbreak mechanic really ruins the game experience of this TD

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

+1 the Italian TT needs more vehicles to era 6 and these are perfect. The centauro is also the most iconic vehicle of the italian army, having more variants that actually saw action shouldn't be a isue :good:

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Forum Moderator

Centauro with ROMOR is a 1st series not a pre-serie

• Upvote 1

I voted yes to all, but it would heavily depend on BR's.  The most important thing would be the avoidance of copy paste.  I like the idea of another 9.7, and another 8.7 vehicle.  Not sure we need others.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, police2689 said:

Should not add all centauro(We already have 1 on file). We should select.

+1 or 2

Thinking about it, you may be right.
Since the 3 centauro in game are placed at 8.0,9.3 and 10.3BR I think that we can have the addition of at least the serie III and maybe the serie II, about the serie I it's too similar to the pre serie variant in game.
So in the end i see the possibility of the addition of the serie III and one of this 2 option: the addition at 8.7 of the serie II or the addition at the current centauro P of the APFSDS and the increase in battlerate at 8.3 with the removal of the P designation from the italian version

medal

+1 for the Series II and the Series III. I don't strictly see much of a place for the Series I at 8.3 since there are no other Italian tanks to make a line-up with, without dragging up the OF-40 and current Centauro. I would absolutely love to see the Series II at 8.7 with potentially a stock APFSDS given that it has hull break, though its more likely it'd have the ammo set up of the Mk.2A where its standard 105mm rounds and then an APFSDS top round. While I would also love to see the Series III with the camo netting and chain wheels, I have my reservations of it being 9.7, given that the ROMOR at 9.3 is already hullbreaking from optic shots and getting hit in empty spaces by 120m and 125mm guns.You could potentially off-set that by giving it the 105mm DM33 as stock but even then I'd say its iffy.

As a final note, is there anything stating the Series III has better thermals + commander thermals? Because I can't find anything 

Edited by EvenManatee887@live
medal medal

On 14/06/2020 at 21:26, EvenManatee887@live said:

As a final note, is there anything stating the Series III has better thermals + commander thermals? Because I can't find anything 

It has the same Hitfact I turret as Centauro MGS 120, it shares all features.

https://yadi.sk/i/WfzNNoV0pwkD2Q

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.leonardocompany.com/documents/20142/3163327/body_Land_Naval_Vehicle_Systems_LQ_mm08719_.pdf%3Ft%3D1542837873393&ved=2ahUKEwjvmOberIHqAhWUrIsKHWRrAMgQFjABegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw2NiK_XbVsjyL947VzC73lc

Edit: there is an answer:

https://www.leonardocompany.com/documents/20142/3150311/TURMS_D_LQ_mm07939_.pdf?t=1538987596616

Edited by _Condottiero_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

+1 to all 3 tanks

Italy really needs more tanks between 8.0br to 9.7br, and currently the OF mk 2 is the only 8.7br tank, and requires you to uptier at least 1 7.7br tank to get some form of a lineup. 

The series 1 and series 2 would make great backups for the OF 40 mk 2, and the series 3 would help with the 9.7br lineup for italy

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

Detailed armor layout is still classified also for this vehicle....AFAIK.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...