More information about thermal sights for tanks

Vextra 105

Would you like to see this feature in WT?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this feature in WT?

• Yes
    • No (please explain why in the comments)

Good day, 

right now, the only way to find out what resolution the Thermal sights on a certain tank have is to either unlock it and check for yourself or get the information from a third party like the WT wiki or asking someone.

This is tedious and could drive players away from grinding for a tank if they don't know what characteristics a tank they want to grind has.

My suggestion is to include information about the tank's thermal sights in the modifications page, where the resolution for the gunner and CITV (if available) are listed (see 2 examples below).

This would make the information about a tank's (very important) characteristics more accessible to everyone and helps clear up lots of confusion about what tank has which thermal.

Of course feel free to add any other suggestions on formatting etc. in the comments.

Kind regards, Borizon

thermal info.png

Thermal Info 2.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...

Massive +1! I'm glad I checked if this was suggested as I was about to do it myself. 

"Does it have thermals/NVD/CITV?"  This has become a common question about high tier ground vehicles and helicopters. The Wiki has done a fine job of keeping track but detailed information is often missing from some individual vehicle pages.

I would also like to suggest that information on IR light amplification be shown too. To prevent overcrowding more detailed information could also be show in the X-ray view when hovering over the optic in question.

For Helicopters, and possibly other aircraft in the future, the information on NVD worn by the pilot or gunner can be show when hovering over the pilot or gunner.

To summarize I think the modifications window should show basic information on NVD available to the vehicle when hovering over the NVD modification. I think more detailed information should be shown in the X-ray view. Displaying detailed information in both the modification window and the X-ray view would be preferable but if overcrowding the UI becomes and issue then I think detailed information should be shown only in the X-ray view. 

Optics NVD Info Suggestion IR Gunner.png

Optics NVD Info Suggestion Cmdr.png

Optics NVD Info Suggestion Pilot.png

Optics NVD Info Suggestion Heli Gunner.png

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Resolution isnt user friendly, 500x 300 doesnt tell me if it is good or not. they need to write Gen 1, 2 or 3

This was what I was going to suggest before I found this post although providing this information somewhere in game couldn't hurt when comparing vehicles. 

Optics NVD Info Suggestion Mods.png

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As additional information in regards to thermal sights has been previously implemented,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions. :salute: