Fiat-Iveco AVL 6634 (4x4)

Nicholas_Concu

Fiat-Iveco AVL 6634 (4x4)  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Fiat-Iveco AVL 6634 (4x4) for Italy?

• Yes +1
    • No -1
  2. 2. Tech tree, Premium, or Event?

• Tech tree
    • Premium
    • Event
    • No.

General Info (This took me awhile to make into a suggestion due to how hard it was to find the pics and information, hopefully you can understand.)
The story of the AVL 6634 would begin during the late stages of the cold war, many countries at the time would be experimenting on light multi role vehicles can were able to perform a variety of roles, such as reconnaissance, tank destroyer and  armored personale carrier. Italy would be no stranger to that, in fact they'd be developing many light armored fighting vehicles, some of which saw wide success in the export market. During the early 1980's Fiat and IVECO would begin to develop as a sole private venture a new family of wheeled armored vehicles, these would be the FIAT 6634 (4x4) the FIAT 6633 (4x4) and lastly the FIAT 6636 (6x6). The FIAT 6634 was one of the first to be worked on, it was designed as an armored assault vehicle, which would be able to be modified with a wide array of armaments to fit its operational needs. The AVL 6634 would have an all-wielded hull that gave protection to the majority of small arms fire and a few shell splinters.The driver would sit at the front of the hull on the left side and would have access to a single-piece anti-splinter hatch cover that opened to the right. To the front and to the sides there is a bullet proof observation block that can withstand most small arms fire. In terms of visibility there would be a single forward facing periscope that could be replaced for a passive periscope in case the was a need for night driving. In terms of mobility, the AVL 6634 was powered by FIAT diesel engine that could provide 120hp, and likely could reach speeds of 105km an hour. The engine compartment would be placed at the rear of the hull. Armament wise the only which was actually fitted unto the vehicle would be a 12.7mm machine gun, however if a customer was interested in the vehicle, the AVL 6634 was able to be outfitted with 2 EUROMISSLE MTC MILAN launchers, which would be installed on the prototype in mock-up form.. Other armaments that would be able to be added would include a Swedish anti air Bofors RBS-70,Javelin and finally MATRA SATCP surface to air missiles. Sadly, development of this specific family of vehicles wouldn't become operational armament wise, similarly to the R3 Capraia TOW variant, unless a customer was interested, to save money Iveco and Fiat would not physically install the actual weapon system, and usually would rely on installing mock up weapons for visual representation. What was learned from this vehicle family was used to develop and produce the B1 Centauro and Puma 4x4+6x6 vehicles, which both are currently in service inside the Italian army. Some pictures used were taken at the Museo della Motorizzazione Militare della Cecchignola, Rome and 1 was taken under the Bunker in Monte Soratte. I have gotten in contact with the museum and managed to get many great internal pics, wont be able to post them for now. It is currently undergoing restoration. From the pictures i was sent, it seems like it could have a maximum of 6 ATGM's, 2 already loaded, and 4 inside. It shares similarities with what end up becoming the Iveco-Oto Melara Puma AFV.
Armaments+Equipment
EUROMISSLE MTC MILAN launchers
Anti Air Bofors RBS-70
Shortsblowpipe/Javelin
MATRA SATCP surface to air missiles
12.7mm machine gun
Specifications
FIAT_6634_AVH_2.PNG
npAVL1.png
Milan turret info

Spoiler

euromis.png milan.png

Why it should be in game
I believe it should be in game as it is a great unique vehicle for Italy, although it was technically an unfinished prototype, the vehicle itself was intact, worked and was tested, while the armament was never actually fitted it wouldn't be out of place to actually have it, since all someone would have to do is buy it for it to be able to work. It would be great at the tank destroyer line, and some versions of the vehicle planned to have a wide array of armaments which could possibly mean gaijin could re-use the model and make more variants of the vehicle.
Sources
Janes Armour and Artillery Volume 12
Janes Armour and Artillery 1985-86
https://www.associazionelagunari.it/rid_2005_07.htm
http://www.ecsbdefesa.com.br/fts/IVECO.pdf
http://swbplus.bsz-bw.de/bsz327092831inh.pdf?1362966795219
https://veiculosearmamentosmilitares.blogspot.com/2019/07/vbl-puma.html
https://archive.org/details/JanesArmouredFightingVehicleRetrofitSystems199394/page/n346/mode/1up

Pictures
6634 In its prime

Spoiler

npAVL2.png 119026541_1605455399622173_3422983223559 119069173_1605455412955505_4329555472136
npavl.png Puma_MILAN.jpg FIAT-IVECO AVH 6636 Information request - General & Upcoming - War Thunder  - Official Forum

6634 in museum and awaiting restoration

Spoiler

image0.jpg image0_1.jpg image1.jpg IMG_0300.JPG

Edited by Nicholas_Concu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 14
medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Thanks 2

This is the same vehicle:

Puma6.gif.efa2bfa96aed143a11061124831009

Puma_MILAN.jpg

I think you should edit your suggestion about VBL Puma a bit.

Also I don't think you should classify this as an unfinished prototype, maybe missiles on it are mock-up on the exhibit, but turret looks like fully operational. So since missiles are just ammo you can call it a finished vehicle.

Edited by _Condottiero_
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

This is the same vehicle:

Puma6.gif.efa2bfa96aed143a11061124831009

Puma_MILAN.jpg

I think you should edit your suggestion about VBL Puma a bit.

Also I don't think you should classify this as an unfinished prototype, maybe missiles on it are mock-up on the exhibit, but turret looks like fully operational. So since missiles are just ammo you can call it a finished vehicle.

I was told they’re different vehicles. (Edit you’re right. Will update the post) 

Also Blue Beta confirmed me through private dms that the vehicle was never operational. Turret moving doesn’t mean it’s operational ( similarly to the Fiat 6636 turret moving but not actually being functional) So overall it is an unfinished prototype.  

Edited by Nicholas_Concu
medal medal medal

Interesting vehicle, btw the Milan turret is named MCT, not MTC :yes_yes_yes:

Do you have any pictures on the version carrying Mistrals? Or was it just proposed?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, KingOfGoblins said:

Looks nice and a perfect way to abuse the abrams in forced uptiers +1

Thanks for the support!

On another note, I've contacted the museum, and i managed to get some very cool pics, and in the coming weeks if everything goes well il be getting some really exclusive pics of the inside and outside we havent seen before.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

massive update (kind of)

I have finally gotten access to very up close and personal internal pics of the 6634 and 6633, will hopefully be getting internal pics of the 6636 soonish.
I am not going to share them here out of respect of the very kind man who I've been in contact with, who went out of his way to take them, and send them to me. I've also been offered a lil something, to help the actual museum with a little job they'd like me to partake in whilst i live in the UK. Anyhow, from the pics sent it has not been taken care of in a long time, however good news is that its currently undergoing restoration, which will be very good for preserving Italian military history, something rare to see nowadays.
Anyhow, to not leave you guys hanging, here's one of the pics i managed to get while researching this lil bugger. (I've also added it to the original post)
IMG_0300.JPG?width=301&height=473

• Like 5
medal medal medal

14 hours ago, Nicholas_Concu said:

massive update (kind of)

I have finally gotten access to very up close and personal internal pics of the 6634 and 6633, will hopefully be getting internal pics of the 6636 soonish.
I am not going to share them here out of respect of the very kind man who I've been in contact with, who went out of his way to take them, and send them to me. I've also been offered a lil something, to help the actual museum with a little job they'd like me to partake in whilst i live in the UK. Anyhow, from the pics sent it has not been taken care of in a long time, however good news is that its currently undergoing restoration, which will be very good for preserving Italian military history, something rare to see nowadays.
Anyhow, to not leave you guys hanging, here's one of the pics i managed to get while researching this lil bugger. (I've also added it to the original post)
IMG_0300.JPG?width=301&height=473

:wub:

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Can't wait for the AVL 6634 and the RPX 6000  to be on the same team

Spoiler

OR on opposite sides

Spoiler

Edit noticed you do not have much about the MILAN turret 

https://archive.org/details/JanesArmouredFightingVehicleRetrofitSystems199394/page/n346/mode/1up ;)

Edited by nxdefiant001
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, nxdefiant001 said:

Can't wait for the AVL 6634 and the RPX 6000  to be on the same team

Hide contents

OR on opposite sides

Hide contents

Edit noticed you do not have much about the MILAN turret 

https://archive.org/details/JanesArmouredFightingVehicleRetrofitSystems199394/page/n346/mode/1up ;)

Agreed, the UK, France and Italy could bring in the game a few vehicles with this turret. 
Also thanks for the Milan turret info, i overlooked adding info on it, so il add what i have and what you send, thanks. o7

medal medal medal