NORINCO 6x6 CS / VP16B, Multi-purpose all-terrain vehicles

super_cacti

NORINCO 6x6 CS / VP16B  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the 6x6 family of ATV's be added into the game?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Which of the different variants would you like to see ingame?

• 12 tube 107mm MLRS
    • 14 tube unknown caliber MLRS
    • 82mm Mortar
    • 120mm Mortar
    • 3 barrel 12.7mm W85 Gatling gun SPAA
    • 6 barrel 23mm Gatling gun SPAA
    • 6 barrel 23mm Gatling gun & missile SPAA
    • SAM SPAA (Old version)
    • 40mm SPG (Manned turret)
    • 120mm SPG
    • I said 'No' in the first question.
    • [NEW] SAM SPAA (New version)
    • [NEW] 20mm & Anti-Tank missile
    • [NEW] 30mm & Anti-Tank missle
    • [NEW] 40mm & Anti-Tank missle SPG (Remote turret)

• Suggestion Moderator

Hello ladies and gentlemen, today I'd like to suggest the very interesting NORINCO 6x6 Multi-purpose all-terrain vehicles!

OTxCHP6.jpg

A whole range of CS / VP16B variants during a demonstration

Description

Spoiler

The NORINCO 6x6 Multi-purpose all-terrain vehicles is known under the official name CS / VP16B.

This ATV was born from the NORINCO 8x8 CS / VP4, be sure to check out my post on those vehicles first!

In its basic configuration, the multi-purpose transporter NORINCO Lynx CS / VP16B 6x6 is a compact car on a three-axle all-wheel drive chassis. In general, the basic principles of the previous project are preserved in the new project, but the design of the hull, chassis and transmission are changed. At the same time, the overall dimensions of the machine do not change. Recycling the chassis leads to a change in the gaps between the wheels, but does not affect the overall dimensions of the vehicle. As before, several variants of the case are used with the possibility of mounting different equipment.

In all versions of the new chassis has the same design, partly borrowed from the previous project. The front part of the hull is assigned to a double open cockpit. Behind it is the engine compartment. Above the bottom of the hull, under the cabin floor, are transmission units that provide four-wheel drive. Aft compartment is given for the installation of the target equipment. There you can place a cargo-passenger volume or a platform for mounting artillery systems.

According to known data, the entire Lynx family is completed with an engine of about 100 hp. The drive of three bridges is provided by a mechanical transmission. A three-axle chassis with individual wheel suspension is capable of providing sufficient throughput. However, the hull lines and small diameter of the wheels may limit such capabilities of the equipment. The body is sealed and allows the machine to float. Separate propeller is not provided, the movement of the water is provided by the rotation of the wheels.

Variants

Spoiler

Quick disclaimer!

As is expected of new Chinese equipment, details regarding them is very limited. These variants have been indentified by looking at photos of the vehicles.

Also supposedly each different variant is given it's own name. So the names given to the vehicles by me are just general names which explain the role they are made for.

MLRS versions

Spoiler

12 tube 107mm MLRS

Spoiler

This first MLRS carries a rather small amount of rockets, but it's capable of carrying a second pack of 12 rockets on the deck just behind the driver and commander.

Unlike the previous sample of the Lynx family, This one uses a smaller launcher. Now the volley consists of 12 shots. The missiles are located in tubular launch canisters connected in a package with two horizontal rows. After the volley, the package is discarded, and in its place is installed a new one transported on the roof of the engine compartment.

If you have any additional information that can be of use please let me know!

NBu7RHW.jpg

UZILnMA.jpg

FeC6XEE.jpg

14 tube unknown caliber MLRS

Spoiler

This is one of the more mysterious version of which we just have a photo.

Compared to the previous MLRS version. this one has got much larger rockets, and also carried 14 of them.

RG3slKk.jpg

Mortar versions

Spoiler

82mm Mortar

Spoiler

This is a rather interesting looking mortar system. Details on the gun are very limited ofcourse, but we can assume that it only has HE-type shells.

Recently, the public was shown two self-propelled mortars with armament caliber 82 and 120 mm. The 82mm Mortar has a large barrel length and is mounted on a remote-controlled installation. The barrel is placed inside a protective casing with a characteristic futuristic look. Much of the gun control operations are carried out remotely. On the sides of the mortar installation boxes are located ammunition.

ORaYb8H.jpg

hcO2mdi.jpg

Le4BhkT.jpg

120mm Mortar

Spoiler

This mortar version is not something that we would even see ingame, but still cool to look at. 

Maybe something for AI's to drive around with.

Recently, the public was shown two self-propelled mortars with armament caliber 82 and 120 mm. The self-propelled mortar with the 120mm gun has a shorter shaft and is equipped with recoil devices of a different design. This preserves the automated control system. Larger 120-mm mines are proposed to be transported in the cells of individual boxes installed above the engine compartment and on the cargo platform.

mQitg9W.jpg

yqBxt0v.jpg

ZiKZ0cK.jpg

SPAA versions

Spoiler

3 barrel 12.7mm W85 Gatling gun SPAA

Spoiler

This might not be a proper SPAA, but it's 12.7mm gatling gun would sure be able to down a few aircraft here and there.

As can be seen in the GIF, this one is being used to test remote controll functions.

But altough it is not visible in the photos, there is still room for a driver and commander, so ingame these can still be put in.

The gun is noted as being the W85 Gatling gun

Qto3kwT.jpg

DRfxSUF.gif

6 barrel 23mm Gatling gun SPAA

Spoiler

This SPAA version fades more into the mysterious side of the history pages. This version, like the previously mentioned SPAA version, seems to be testing remote controll functions. Although the seats for the driver and commander are still present so this remote function is not needed ingame.

The 23mm galting gun seems to be the same one used on the next SPAA version.

cFsGEOA.jpg

aEEEH9V.gif

6 barrel 23mm Gatling gun & Anti-Air missile SPAA

Spoiler

This is where the very small little ATV becomes a big problem to aircraft. This SPAA version has got four SAM missiles and a 23mm gatling gun!

Altough the small size of the vehicle does mean the ammo is rather limited, and there do not seem to be spare missiles present on the vehicle.

Previously, the family of vehicles from NORINCO included self-propelled anti-aircraft installation with an automatic gun. In the new line-up based on the CS / VP16B chassis, there is also a similar sample, but it received a seriously redesigned combat module. On the cargo platform of such a machine is mounted a U-shaped swivel base with a swinging unit, equipped with a six-barreled 23-mm gun.

On board the base is a rocking launcher for guided missiles. As before, a block of optoelectronic equipment is used to search for targets and target weapons.

Such an anti-aircraft missile and cannon complex is capable of controlling airspace within a radius of several kilometers. However, in many ways, including combat, it can be inferior to other modern models of its class, carrying more advanced weapons.

Which exact missiles this SPAA uses is not known. I would be tempted to say they are 9K38 Igla's of some kind.

7zEuuBN.jpg

6r2nYKK.jpg

EPljQdW.jpg

n42w0UH.jpg

SAM SPAA (Old version)

Spoiler

This is the last of the very mysterious versions. We only got one photo of this one.

We can see that it's a SAM version with four missiles. It's got a detection radar on the top, and a tracking radar on the front.

Going of from what I could find online, they seem to be FN-6 missiles.

stxYhKU.jpg

SAM SPAA (New version)

Spoiler

Here we see (What I believe to be) a continuation of the previous anti-air version. But now the missile launcher seems to be a bit bigger and more sophisticated.

The launcher has got a detection radar on the top, and a tracking radar on the front, together with four FN-6 anti-air missiles on the left side of the point. 

The right side of the laucnehr is the interference antenna.

The vehicle is capable of intercepting armed helicopters, low-flying drones and fighter jets within 6 kilometers.

8o11dtI.jpg

gr4grt5.jpg

Anti-Tank & SPG versions

Spoiler

20mm & Anti-Tank missile

Spoiler

This one was rather hard to figure out, so almost all of what I'm about to tell you is pieced together by me, and not backed up by sources.

This is another new version that was recently announched. It seems to have a very light, remote controlled weapons station. At first I was rather confused wether or not this version was an anti-tank of anti-air vehicle. But looking at the two missle tubes, and comparing them with the tubes seen on the 30mm vehicle after this one, I determined that the missiles are of the same type. (The missile type is not known, but we do know that they are third-generation anti-tank missiles)

The lack of radar futher confirms my suspicion. 

We do see some sort of gunner or thermal sight to the left of the gun. And speaking of the gun, I do not even know if it is indeed a 20mm gun, or maybe some kind of heavy machine gun. But the overall size of the gun seems about right for a 20mm.

wwLck8O.jpg

30mm & Anti-Tank missle

Spoiler

Here we have a real support role version of the 6x6. It's armed with a 30mm gun (Judging from the gun barrel, it's the same gun as the VN-1C IFV), and has two additional anti-tank missiles. The missile type is not known, but we do know that they are third-generation anti-tank missiles.

The turret is remote controlled, and has acces to a thermal imaging photoelectric sighting device with peripheral vision capability. 

This version of the 6x6 will be a real annoyance on the battlefield, with it's small size and pwoerfull punch. The only downside is that the Driver and Command sit in the front, so they might block the guns ability to fire forwards.

USaZ5h8.jpg

40mm SPG (Manned turret)

Spoiler

A 40mm gun being called a SPG is not something you might have seen comming. But then again on such a small vehicle, anything above 20mm would already make it a SPG version of this ATV.

The 40mm gun is mounted on a rotating platform and seems to have a whole set of optics and equipment. Another thing to note is that the gun can be fired remotely, but it has been build with a gunner in mind. A second seat might also be present on the other side of the gun.

If this gun has access to radar of some kind and proxy fuse shells, then that would make this a SPAA instead of a SPG, but so far we've only seen it fire straight forwards, and not into the air.

Going from what I could find from a source, the gun stats are as follows:

The domestically made 40mm countersunk armor-piercing projectile currently has the ability to penetrate 130-140mm homogeneous steel armor at an engagement distance of 1000 to 1500 meters

MoWLxcs.jpg

sFl7mA3.jpg

JmpmPxH.gif

sQLitqY.jpg

40mm & Anti-Tank missle (Remote turret)

Spoiler

This is one of the newest variants we've seen so far. 

This is a continuation of the previous 40mm version, only now the gun sits in a remote controlled turret, and has two additional anti-tank missiles! The missile type is not known, but we do know that they are third-generation anti-tank missiles.

Going from a source talking about this vehicle, we get this about the gun:

The domestically made 40mm countersunk armor-piercing projectile currently has the ability to penetrate 130-140mm homogeneous steel armor at an engagement distance of 1000 to 1500 meters

That together with the missiles will make this machine a real threat on the battlefield. The only downside it has is that the driver and commander sit in the front, and block the forward rotating of the remote controlled turret. So you will have to play it smart!

p91ExzR.jpg

120mm SPG

Spoiler

This very big gun on this very small ATV looks really silly, but it does work!

The gun can traverse to the left and right only a little bit, and need these stabalizer legs to deal with the recoil.

The gun mount provides horizontal guidance within a limited sector, but can raise the barrel to significant angles. According to known data, in the composition of the ACS is used universal gun caliber 120 mm, capable of performing the functions of a gun, howitzers and mortars. It is built on the basis of a large trunk length, equipped with a developed muzzle brake and mounted on recoil devices.

RMvlSkd.jpg

BcL4JQG.jpg

Quick list of general specifications

Spoiler

Length: 3,94 m (12ft 11in)

Width: 1,55 m (5ft 1in)

Height: 1,8 m (5ft 11 in)

Engine horse power: around a 100 Hp

Top Speed on land: 65 km/h (40 mph)

Top Speed in water: 4 km/h (2,5 mph)

Total Crew: In most cases 2, but for on versions with heavier weapons there is room for up to 4

Weapons: Check the Variants section 

Ingame

Spoiler

From an ingame point of view these vehicles would be very odd and derpy.

If Gaijin does decide to add these in, I would think they are best kept in their own dedicated line filled with only vehicles like these. They are just so weird that they don't really fit in well anywhere else.

Ofcourse some of them can also be used as premiums or event vehicles.

But be sure to let me know your opinions in the poll and comment section!

That is all for now! Be sure to tell me your opinion on these vehicles!

See you on the battlefield! :salute:

Be sure to check out my other post about the small Chinese ATV's:

Sources

Edited by super_cacti
Added the newest verisons of the 6x6.
  • Upvote 3

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Suggestion Moderator
3 hours ago, WayOfTheWolk said:

I'll admit you got me with the cover photo. I really thought you were proposing vehicles made out of lego blocks for a minute. Now that would be something!  

To be honest you could make them out of Lego pretty easily :D

3 hours ago, jetnawk said:

+1 for all the rotary gun/cannon variants, would be amusing to see them get hilariously low BR placements and make low tier axis players rage quit en masse.

Ah hell yeah! R3 T20 all over again :mitraljez:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The only ones I'm unsure about are the mortar vehicles, as I'm not sure we have any of them in the game yet (maybe I'm wrong) and the 12.7mm SPAA one because of how anachronistically low it would be tiered.  I support and would love to see all the rest.  

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...
  • Suggestion Moderator

Turns out, more versions of the 6x6 had been announched some time ago. So I've added them to the post.

In the spoiler below you can find the newest onces:

Spoiler

20mm + anti-tank missiles

wwLck8O.jpg

30mm + anti-tank missiles

USaZ5h8.jpg

40mm + anti-tank missiles

p91ExzR.jpg

New version of the SAM SPAA

8o11dtI.jpg

Edited by super_cacti

+1, though not much of a prioeity for china rn. Would love to see the autocannon-equipped vehicles though, can't wait for the legendary R3-T20, Wiesel, and RCV battle againsr these things :lol2:

Edited by NAYEONnaise
medal

23 minutes ago, NAYEONnaise said:

+1, though not much of a prioeity for china rn. Would love to see the autocannon-equipped vehicles though, can't wait for the legendary R3-T20, Wiesel, and RCV battle againsr these things :lol2:

+1 oh god no

medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator
9 hours ago, NAYEONnaise said:

1:12-1:16 these things can perfectly neutral traverse too!

Oh cool! So they steer just like Skid Loaders do. By simply making the wheels rotate in a different way. That is why they can neutral steer, because it works just like they do on tanks.

If you want to go left you just make the wheels on the left side stop, and keep the wheels on the right moving forwards.

Edited by super_cacti