Customizable Loadout Interface

gilgalad85

Customizable Loads interface  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support an interface like this to build customizable loads?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. If something like this were implemented, do you think that it should only be available in certain game modes?

• AB
    • RB
    • SB
    • All

• Princess_Pinch changed the title to Customizable Loadout Interface

If developers have already assigned drag ratios, individual weight, and balance characteristics... this could easily be an option.  The real research would have to be on the imbalance tolerances of each individual aircraft as well as assigning different hard points different balance multipliers for the same load.  A mark 83 close to the centerline for example is going to be less of an issue, than a hardpoint further out on the wing, etc...  As someone who conducts CAS (actual CAS with JTACs) The variety of the F5C and E are really what most of the aircraft should have and are the most fun to play wargames with.  I know this would be low on the totem pole of asks, but it we be an easy implementation and an easy win so to speak for an update for players.  

medal medal

• 5 months later...

THIS is underrated and definitly needed in future (if not now already)... +1, why isnt this a thing yet :mitraljez: 

Edited by WreckingAres283
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, WreckingAres283 said:

THIS is underrated and definitly needed in future (if not now already)... +1, why isnt this a thing yet :mitraljez: 

Ares, half of the things I see on forums are because of you.

About the feature, definite +1.

medal

I don't think asymmetric load outs should be done because it's too unrealistic.
I also can see why in general the available selections are all the possibilities the aircraft could carry already because a lot of the firing systems inside the actual aircraft have their load outs limited to how many and which selectors they have. I could imagine the right wires etc to be limited to certain weaponry, especially on early cold war aircraft. Much simpler to have a wire giving information to drop a bomb than it is to engage a seeker for an AAM and also to actually fire the AAM and possibly other interactions needed with the weapon that aren't in game.

If it's done it should have these considerations.

Edited by Kaasjager010
  • Upvote 1

On 09/11/2021 at 20:13, Kaasjager010 said:

I don't think asymmetric load outs should be done because it's too unrealistic.
I also can see why in general the available selections are all the possibilities the aircraft could carry already because a lot of the firing systems inside the actual aircraft have their load outs limited to how many and which selectors they have. I could imagine the right wires etc to be limited to certain weaponry, especially on early cold war aircraft. Much simpler to have a wire giving information to drop a bomb than it is to engage a seeker for an AAM and also to actually fire the AAM and possibly other interactions needed with the weapon that aren't in game.

If it's done it should have these considerations.

Some aircraft can have slight asymmetric configurations. The A-10 Warthog for example can have a fairly customizable load just as long the weight difference isn't extreme. But for earlier planes, there are definitely limits. It just depends which aircraft can and cannot do it.259aa794c9696daa599f9f99964e565c.jpg.070

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

14 hours ago, XarachiX said:

Some aircraft can have slight asymmetric configurations. The A-10 Warthog for example can have a fairly customizable load just as long the weight difference isn't extreme. But for earlier planes, there are definitely limits. It just depends which aircraft can and cannot do it. 259aa794c9696daa599f9f99964e565c.jpg.070

Ok, let me rephrase.

Realistic hardpoint limitations should be considered. These limitations should include the possibility of asymetry, weight, type of ordenance and any other known limitations of the specific aircraft in question handled case-by-case.

Edited by Kaasjager010
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...