Mil MI-1MU

CaID

Would you like to see the Mi-1MU been added to the game?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the Mi-1MU been added to the game?

• Yes
    • Yes as premium or event vehicles
    • No

267503-fefozka-1994.jpg

i would like to suggest what could be the weakest Helicopter that Russian could have. something that could be even lower BR than 8.0, the Mil MI-1MU

UV9ORWe.jpg

the Mil MI-1MU was a experimental armed version of the Mil MI-1. the first mass produced Soviet Helicopter. the creation of a Armed version was done in 1958. there was 3 helicopter built in this variants and run serial test with 3 different playload.  that was the first attack helicopter built in Russia using ATGM in 1962. it was designed to be capable to destroy armored vehicles. the test run until 1968 and was the model was recommaned for serviced by the testing research. the leadership of the army however had no interrest for such concept. the MI-1MU was just never put into services.

but not everything was lost. because the test result and study allowed to desing another attacker helicopter. the Mi-4AV who was much more capable and flexible.

Armament

Spoiler

mhcyPph.jpg

as far i know, there was 3 configuation for the MI-1Mu. the 3 of them include decent offesive firepower to take on some armored vehicles. but it's not really the most fexible one and the ammo load do not allow a vary long fight. but still allow to do a few kill.

all Mi-1MU was capable to have a RPK LMG that could shoot from the left passenger window. the machine-gun seem to seldom been installed. it is to assume it was because it was just useless for the testing and only useful in the even of usage in battle. (it is unknown if the right side also had this LMG)

z9etWjK.jpg

Configuration 1

Spoiler

KxlK21D.jpg

12 x TRS-132 unguided rocket + 1x RPK LMG

from 1958 designed for direct fire support of ground units. The only weapon of this model was a pair of six-tube tube missiles with 132 mm unguided missiles type TRS-132. These were placed on hangers, which were attached to the sides of the middle part of the fuselage, directly in front of the main landing gear. Tests of the prototype of this model began at the end of 1959. The development of the combat Mi-1MU ultimately did not exceed the prototype stage.

the TRS rocket is just like the RS one, only they do not have fins. they are stabilizing the rocket by rotation like a bullet.

Configuration 2

Spoiler

y0Ud3DV.jpg

4x 9M17 Fleyta + 1x RPK

from 1961 designed for direct fire support of ground units. To the sides of the middle part of the fuselage, in the area in front of the main landing gear, were attached with the help of beams of tubular construction two pairs of launchers of guided missiles type 3M11 anti-tank missile set type Falanga (AT-2 Swatter). This model passed state tests in the years 1961 to 1962. Although the state tests of the combat Mi-1MU ended with a recommendation for acceptance into service, the development of this model did not exceed the prototype stage.

Configuration 3

Spoiler

Fx14S1M.jpg

6x 9k11 Malyutka + 1x RPK

from 1967 designed for direct fire support of ground units. To the sides of the middle part of the fuselage, in the area in front of the main landing gear, were attached with the help of beams of tubular construction three pairs of launchers of guided missiles anti-tank missile set type Maljutka (AT-3 Sagger). The development of this model also did not go beyond the prototype stage. The reason for this was the fact that the Mi-1 (Hare) helicopters were no longer produced at that time.

Performence

Spoiler

800px-Mil_Mi-1M_General_Purpose_Light_He

been based on the Mi-1M, the Mi-1Mu received the AI-26VF engine allowing a better top speed. but due to the overweight, the helicopter was rather sloggish and slower than the Mi-1M. this helicopter will be one of the slowest in-game. but i beleive a proper BR reduction would make it an asset notherless.

Protection

Spoiler

With only 2 tons of weight, you will not get much protection for a helicepter of this size. this is a early helicopter who was yet to discover the vulnerability of a slow flying aircraft against LMG and other weapons. in 1967, there was not much defensive device as well.

Place in-game

as a early helicopter and the first russian helicopter with actual anti-tank capacity, i think this helicopter have his place in the game. however i do not think it would be good at the BR 8.3. it could be down to BR 8.0 or even BR 7.7. this helicopter is rather slow and do not really have a lot of ammo. and there is already ATGM at a BR as low as 6.7 and it is common already at a BR of 7.7 so this aircraft will not be much different. plus the RTS 132 rocket would be rather weak and kinda making it hard to use it. this could provide a early helicopter for russia wich i believe could be a good starter for the russian helicopter line to go before the current Mi-4AV

General characteristics

• Crew: 2 + 2 passenger
  • Length: 12.09 m (39 ft 8 in)
  • Height: 3.3 m (10 ft 10 in)
  • Empty weight: 2,092 kg
  • Gross weight: 2,140 kg (4,718 lb)
  • Max takeoff weight: 2,650 kg
  • Powerplant: 1 × IAI-26VF engine (615 hp)
  • Main rotor diameter: 14.35 m (47 ft 1 in)
  • Main rotor area: 161.7 m2 (1,741 sq ft)

Performance

• Maximum speed: 160 km / h
  • Range: 165 * km
  • Service ceiling: 3,500 m (11,500 ft)
  • Rate of climb: 5.3 m/s (1,040 ft/min)
  • Disk loading: 13 kg/m2 (2.7 lb/sq ft)
  • Power/mass: 0.20 kW/kg (0.12 hp/lb)

Source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_Mi-1

https://en.topwar.ru/160654-rossijskie-boevye-vertolety-i-ih-vooruzhenie-istorija-nastojaschee-i-buduschee.html

https://www.armedconflicts.com/Mil-Mi-1MU-attack-t218506

https://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/mi-1.php

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I almost forgot that the Mi-1 was armed

Anyways +1, Russia needs a Alouette II equivalent, potentially the Mi-1 can even replacing the Mi-4AV as the starter helio if not be placed after it

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

22 hours ago, AspandaIV said:

I almost forgot that the Mi-1 was armed

Anyways +1, Russia needs a Alouette II equivalent, potentially the Mi-1 can even replacing the Mi-4AV as the starter helio if not be placed after it

the MI-4AV deserve his place, but the MI-1MU would be a much more logical starter it's true

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Honestly if we gave helos some sort of scouting ability we could probably push the earliest rank for helos down quite a bit. I'd say 6.7 for barely armed recon helos with a .30 or two.

This thing is probably a 7.3.

medal medal medal

• 7 months later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.