Rudolf Sinner Skin for the Me-262 A1a (Add original user content, from before the marketplace was created, to the Game again)

Should the original batch of User created skins released before the Marketplace was created be made for sale again for 200 GE?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should the original batch of User created skins released before the Marketplace was created be made for sale again for 200 GE?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/22 at 18:33

The Rudolf "Rudi" Sinner skin of JG 7 is currently very rare, it was part of "the first batch of purchasable userskins, before the Market was established. These skins have not been available for purchase since."-LordMustang

Quote is from a bug report I made about the skin not being for sale.

My suggestion is to make the first batch of purchasable userskins, before the Market was established, available for sale again for 200 GE or set number of kills or put on marketplace.

Full disclosure: I do not know any other skins from the original batch of userskins before the market was established

Reason: Rudolf Sinner was a significant figure as acting JG 7 commander in February until he got shot down, and the leader of JG 7 Stab. III before then since January. Also the Me-262 only has 1 other historical German skin despite its extensive service in the last year of the war. Most of the people who have it, when asked how they got it, do not realize it is no longer for sale.

There is a WT live skin by _StrafeMike that is similar to it but I do not think it will be added to marketplace because it has a swastika (perhaps I should remove it and upload?)

1892929377_Me262SinnerSkin.thumb.png.62e

Here is a screenshot I took of a replay in which I saw the skin, yesterday. The Me262 A1a sits next to an Su-11 at the same BR (7.0), a story for another post.

Here is a link to the "Me-262 Family" official War Thunder Video. To add insult to injury War Thunder team decided it would be a good idea to make a video showing the Me-262 almost exclusively in a skin that can no longer be unlocked.

Thanks for reading and supporting the effort to save Rudi Sinner!

• Upvote 2

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Steam Moderator

I will just note it's not 'entirely' impossible to unlock from my experience. I got one of these old camouflages that was user-created on my HS 129 from one of the unlockable camouflage crates in the Warbond Shop, so my guess is this camo could possibly drop on the rank V crate.

Edit: Regardless, it is a very spiffy camouflage, and so were a lot of the other OG user made ones, it would be interesting to see them make a return.

Edited by AttackerCat

16 hours ago, AttackerCat said:

I will just note it's not 'entirely' impossible to unlock from my experience. I got one of these old camouflages that was user-created on my HS 129 from one of the unlockable camouflage crates in the Warbond Shop, so my guess is this camo could possibly drop on the rank V crate.

Really?

I thought it won't drop old camoflages.

Edited by ReleaseTheMiG17
medal medal medal

• Steam Moderator
On 14/12/2021 at 07:54, ReleaseTheMiG17 said:

Really?

I thought it won't drop old camoflages.

I suppose it could be a bug, I did get some of the DMM camouflages at first, which weren't available in my region. Though on the next couple I opened that HS 129 skin was one of them. Sadly I don't have the crate numbers or Warbonds levels to get a larger sample size.

On 12/16/2021 at 4:28 AM, AttackerCat said:

I suppose it could be a bug, I did get some of the DMM camouflages at first, which weren't available in my region. Though on the next couple I opened that HS 129 skin was one of them. Sadly I don't have the crate numbers or Warbonds levels to get a larger sample size.

I got the box three times to try to get the Ki-61 Hei hidden camouflage but everything that came out was camouflage that can be purchased at GE.
@Smin1080p I'm sorry for ping but want to ask about hidden camoflages. Is it still possible to get hidden camouflage such as Ki-61 Hei and CL-13A Mk.5 from WB?

Edited by ReleaseTheMiG17
medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 7:31 PM, ReleaseTheMiG17 said:

I got the box three times to try to get the Ki-61 Hei hidden camouflage but everything that came out was camouflage that can be purchased at GE.

nvm

My friend got B-24 camouflage in today that was removed a few years ago.

Spoiler

496e87d8779fe1a2.png

-1f2f04ae47df0053.png

medal medal medal

• 3 months later...

+1, this would be great.  All the old user content skins should be brought back for the marketplace.  :salute:

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 4 months later...
On 31/08/2021 at 15:00, Me262_Sturmvogel said:

The Rudolf "Rudi" Sinner skin of JG 7 is currently very rare, it was part of "the first batch of purchasable userskins, before the Market was established. These skins have not been available for purchase since."-LordMustang

Quote is from a bug report I made about the skin not being for sale.

My suggestion is to make the first batch of purchasable userskins, before the Market was established, available for sale again for 200 GE or set number of kills or put on marketplace.

Full disclosure: I do not know any other skins from the original batch of userskins before the market was established

Reason: Rudolf Sinner was a significant figure as acting JG 7 commander in February until he got shot down, and the leader of JG 7 Stab. III before then since January. Also the Me-262 only has 1 other historical German skin despite its extensive service in the last year of the war. Most of the people who have it, when asked how they got it, do not realize it is no longer for sale.

There is a WT live skin by _StrafeMike that is similar to it but I do not think it will be added to marketplace because it has a swastika (perhaps I should remove it and upload?)

1892929377_Me262SinnerSkin.thumb.png.62e

Here is a screenshot I took of a replay in which I saw the skin, yesterday. The Me262 A1a sits next to an Su-11 at the same BR (7.0), a story for another post.

Here is a link to the "Me-262 Family" official War Thunder Video. To add insult to injury War Thunder team decided it would be a good idea to make a video showing the Me-262 almost exclusively in a skin that can no longer be unlocked.

Thanks for reading and supporting the effort to save Rudi Sinner!

If you are very lucky you can still get the Skin via the Warbond shop and the Skin crates

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal