Beutespähwagen BA-10M mit 2cm KwK 30 L/55

Milocat

Beutespähwagen BA-10M mit 2cm KwK 30 L/55  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this vehicle in the game?

• Yes, as a regular vehicle.
    • Yes, as a premium vehicle.
    • Yes, as an event vehicle.
    • No thanks.

The Beutespähwagen BA-10M mit 2cm KwK 30 L/55 is a unique German modification of a captured BA-10M armored car only known from a handful of surviving photographs.  The captured vehicle was altered by removing the 45mm cannon and turret mantlet of the BA-10M and replacing it with the mantlet and 20mm autocannon from a Panzer II tank.  Unlike some other modified captured vehicles this particular example appears to have been made by a fairly professional group of engineers with good tools as it is well put-together.  Due to the specific nature of these modifications it is likely that only one such vehicle was converted, and its fate is unknown.  Most likely this armored car was used in occupied zones to suppress partisan forces.  It is theorized that the 20mm cannon was used in place of the original 45mm cannon due to low ammunition stocks of Soviet 45mm shells, or that perhaps the repeating autocannon was more useful than a single-shot gun in anti-partisan roles.  

I think that this would be another great tier 1 event vehicle for the German ground forces tree!  The BA-10M offers a relatively sturdy chassis for an armored car and the 20mm autocannon deals serious damage at tier 1.  While the Panzer II is better as a combat vehicle since it's smaller and better-protected this would be a nice addition.

Specifications:  

Length:  4.65m

Width:  2.00m

Height:  2.20m

Weight:  ~5.14 tons

Engine:  GAZ-M1 4-cylinder gasoline engine, 50 hp

Speed:  55 kmh (34 mph)

Crew:  3 (Driver, Gunner, Commander, Machine Gunner)

Armor:  15-20mm (mantlet), 13mm (turret sides and rear, hull)

Armament:  One 20mm KwK 30 L/55 autocannon (unknown rounds), one coaxial 7.92mm MG34 machine gun (unknown rounds), one hull-mounted 7.62mm DT machine gun (unknown rounds)

-Possible but unlikely that coaxial weapon is instead a 7.62mm DT machine gun

Number Built:  At least one

Spoiler

Frontline-Illustration-No12-2008-Red-Arm 

16140308170_d949e980a4_c.jpg 

BeutespahwagenBA-10Mmit2cmKwK30L-55.jpg 

Sources:  

https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazigermany/BA-10M_Panzer_II_Field_Conversion/ 

https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/soviet/soviet_BA-10.php/ 

https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/germany/panzer_II.php/ 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BA-10 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_cm_KwK_30 

Edited by Milocat
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator

Hello,

Given the nature and obscurity of the vehicle it is understandable that there is a lack of information on it. However if possibly can you include background information on the cannon and chassis? 

Besides that; Open for discussion.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Miki_Hoshii said:

Hello,

Given the nature and obscurity of the vehicle it is understandable that there is a lack of information on it. However if possibly can you include background information on the cannon and chassis? 

Besides that; Open for discussion.

Thank you!  :salute:  Will add some extra information.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator

Great find, I would definitely love to see this, maybe as a rank I premium! +1 :good:

• Like 1

By german documents the armarment of the Pz II is to be used as followed: the 7,92mm mg as main armarment against everything and the 2 cm KwK against armored targets such as mg, pak positions and vehicles.

And it is likely that the coaxial is an mg 34 cince the while mantlet was taken and you would need further modifications to hold the russian mg.

• Like 1
medal

3 hours ago, Ghostmaxi said:

By german documents the armarment of the Pz II is to be used as followed: the 7,92mm mg as main armarment against everything and the 2 cm KwK against armored targets such as mg, pak positions and vehicles.

And it is likely that the coaxial is an mg 34 cince the while mantlet was taken and you would need further modifications to hold the russian mg.

Thanks for the tip!  I've edited the original post to say that the MG34 is the most likely coaxial.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 23/07/2022 at 22:34, warner7 said:

+1 , but i want soviet BA-10m first

I've wanted that thing forever but with the BA-11 as a rare event vehicle I honestly don't see it coming any time soon.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Milocat said:

I've wanted that thing forever but with the BA-11 as a rare event vehicle I honestly don't see it coming any time soon.

tbh, the BA 10m is perfect reserve vehicle for USSR tree, Bt5 is op and can be used up till 4.0 br and still do well

• Like 3

• 1 month later...