Recycle old/in-active squadron names

Thatz

Should Inactive squadron names be recycled?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should Inactive squadron names be recycled?

• Yes
    • No

• Suggestion Moderator

Currently there are 50,133 Squadron's (yes I went through 2006 pages in the Squadron search in-game), lets say just a rough estimate that only around 25-35% are active/had players log in since the beginning of the year. That leave around 32,586 squadrons inactive that are taking a squadron tag each.

This suggestion is for squadrons that haven't had any players (not one of the possible 128 players in each squadron) log in in the past 2 years for the creation price of the squadron to be refunded to the squad leader and that tag/name be re-opened for the community.

I can guess that a 1-2+ squadrons are created daily and I think releasing these old/un-used squadron names will I think allow a lot more people to get the squadron tag/name they wanted.

Understandably some people will not like this suggestion so that's why I proposed 2 years of inactivity since the introduction of squadron vehicles and a growing esports scene and just the game itself I think is growing I want to see a lot of new squadrons come out of no where and become a new iconic squadron or one that can challenge some of these bigger ones. 
(Yes people can always do that but squadrons with the tag DOOT or something is easier to grow then a squadron called OGL5 or something, what I'm saying is there's a lot of squadrons that haven't logged in, in ages or they just have stopped playing the game and I just think re-releasing a lot of those old name would be great for the community.)

Prove that there was 50,133 squadrons as of me creating this post:

Spoiler

20210922121814_1.jpg.b42e8f1607a2f31ce7c

If anybody else has any idea/thoughts about this feel free to share.

• Upvote 2

i would like to do the same thing with the nickname.

my nomral nickname is "Caid'' but it was taken so i play with the capitals and lowercase

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Clearly, inactive Squadrons after 2 years should be cleared without refund.

Why?

1. New Squadron TAG's are at a choke point as squadron names lose their definition as defunct Squadron TAGS occupy dead space.

2. Given the growing limited access to a TAG that actually represents an actual squadron it looks like in the future that newly created squadrons will increasingly use totally unrelated tags which is evident now. Perhaps future tags will look like this due to a lack of choice; Frustrated Name Squadron / TAG: *!R?/

3. Lack of identity due to inadequate choice is likely to demotivate squadron registration.

As an aside squadrons should be able to display their logo on their tanks.