T 34 mit 15mm Mg 151 Drilling

Ghostmaxi

Do you want the T 34 mit 15 mm Mg 151 Drilling?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes, i do.
    • No, i dont.

I want to suggest the T 34 mit 15mm Mg 151 Drilling, the gunmount is allready in game on the Sd.kfz 251, but this model to be exact a Bergepanzer T 34. A Bergepanzer T 34 is a recovery and maintanance tank where the Turret was removed and often additional towing equipment and tools was stored in. This Bergepanzer T 34 was further uniquly modified to fit the 15 mm MG 151 Drilling. It was created because of the need for mobile protection of the Panzertruppen againt low flying airplanes which became a ever growing threat of the german army, which was in dire need of more Air protection with the problems of production and long travel ways.

This particular T 34 was captured and converted to a Bergepanzer T 34 by Oberschaftführer Ernst Albert, the hear of the Refugee unit of the SS JgPzAbt 561. It was build in April 1945 supporting the rest of th 286 Infanterie Division and SS Regiment Falke in the northwest of Frankfurt an der Oder (a river) at the side of 3 companies of tanks and Jpz 38 (t) where it most certainly was destroyed with the rest of the devision.

It would be a good Premium or Event vehicle (because of its captured nature) and be a well protected mobile AA platform. It is quite easy to implement as you can allready see in game the Mg 151 Drilling.

The gun would be the known Mg 151 Drilling 15 x 96 mm ammo 500 round outer barrle 1000 inner barrle extra carried ammo is unlikely (at least on the vehicle itself, but more on a truck in the convoys it was protecting.)

drill_211.jpg Panzer I Ausf.B mit 15mm Mg151/15 "Drilling" - Germany - War Thunder -  Official Forum 1,5 cm MG-151/15 oder 2 cm MG-151/20 « Drilling » | Sur quel… | Flickr

Crew: 3

Mass: ~25-26 tons (cince the turret is missing)

Speed: 53 kmph

HP: 500 HP/T: >19

Length 6,68m

Width: 3m

Height: under 2,45 m and over 2 m (hard to estimate)

Armour Front Sides Rear Roof
Hull 45 mm (61°) Front glacis
99 mm (5-35°) Welded glacis joint
45 mm (52°) Lower glacis
60 mm (1-73°) Machine gun ball mount
75 mm (60°) Driver's hatch
40 mm (40°) Top
45 mm (0°) Lower
40 mm (47-49°) Top
40 mm (47°) Bottom
16 mm
Turret 14,5 mm Gun shield 14,5 mm    

Source:

Wilhelm Tieke - Das Ende zwischen Oder und Elbe - Der Kampf um Berlin, Verlag: Motorbuch Verlag, rok vydání 1992

Panzer Tracts 19-02 Beute-Panzerkampfwagen Thomas L Jentz

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
medal

hmm
since no real picture exists, only these fake picture (photo montange)  ->   -1

it's only described in some post war books and it's generally marked as hypothetical, mean not proved yet

some additional infos
http://beutepanzer.ru/Beutepanzer/su/hypothetical/flakpanzer_t-34.htm

my 2 cents

MadDaishi

• Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 11/11/2021 at 11:14, Ghostmaxi said:

T 34 mit 15mm Mg 151 Drilling, the gunmount is allready in game on the Sd.kfz 251, but this model to be exact a Bergepanzer T 34

It would be nice if they put this 1.5 cm t 34 in the game while, at the same time, they upcaliber the weapons on the 251 to 2 cm

Edited by Chomusuke1

• 3 months later...