3,7 cm Flak 36 auf Pz I Ausf. B

Ghostmaxi

Do you want the 3,7 cm Flak 36 auf Pz I Ausf. B  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes, i do.
    • No, i dont.

I would like to suggest the 3,7 cm Flak 36 auf Pz I Ausf. B. It is really just a Pz I Ausf. B (visible by the own idler wheel) where the Turret as well as the roof, superstructure sides and backwalls were taken off and the whole 3,7 cm Flak 36 or 37 (only wheight difference) was put on with the Tripod like on the Sd.Kfz 6/2 in game.

What place would it be in game, and why i would like to see it in game: In role as a AA it would be similar to the Sd.Kfz 6/2 but able to shoot forwards and more mobile and more armored, cince the Pz I Ausf. B is a fun and nimble hull (only yet in game as the Pzj 1 Ausf. B) Many people want to see more Pz I`s, and this is yet another Field modification of such Pz I. The Picture with unknown photgrapher shows it propaply while under maintanance visible by the missing barrle and the many spare parts etc.

The story of this vehicle is mostly unknown, but in the later war with the ever bigger threat of enemy planes the need for mobile AA guns which protect the mobile forces grew while the dedicated production couldnt keep up out of this nessisarity grew this vehicle as well as many other official conversions where the crew just put their 3,7 cm Flak directly on the outdated Pz I Ausf. B hull.

Cince there are no markings on the photo nor the tank itself, as well as an unknown photograph it is practically impossible for me to find: When it was build (By the picture there are Mg 42 so it was after 1942)

By who it was build (wheter by an higher ranked person or a AAA Crew) And where it fought

flak37.jpg

You can clearly see the scope and the gunshield

424872_2995430397720_1601116510_n.jpg 3,7_cm_FlaK_39_sida.jpg

Some data(the Flak taken into considderation):

Weight: 7,5 t

Length: 4,42m

with: 2,06m

height ~1,72m

crew: 4 (driver and the 3 gun crew)

Armor: As seen in game on the Pzj I Ausf. B (Allround 13 mm and the gunshild overall gun can be seen on Sd.Kfz 6/2 7-17mm)

Engine: 100 hp

Speed: ~40 kmph

Gun: 3,7 cm Flak 36 or 37 (only difference is wheight and it is allready seen in game)

Fire rate 160 rpm

Pzge 18: 0,685 kg 770 m/s-815m/s 13g pent 49 mm 10m

Sprgr 18 and Minengeschoss

Source:

https://www.armedconflicts.com/3-7-cm-FlaK-36-37-auf-Pz-Kpfw-I-Ausf-B-t143334

TL Jentz and HL Doyle (2002) Panzer Tracts No. 1-1 Panzerkampfwagen I

W. J. Spielberger (1982) Gepard The History of German Anti-Aircraft tanks, Bernard and Graefe

Edited by Ghostmaxi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal

+1 for me as the bigger brother of the 20mm Panzer I SPAA.  Always nice to give this chassis some more love too.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 4 months later...

This could also be a Flak 43, while the mounting is that of the older type, visible by the far back sitting gunner (on Flak 43 mount the gunner is right behind the shield) the Gunshield is a flat angled plate unlike the old Pointy one as well as the part that is mounted on the barrle, which is different for the Flak 43 as it doesnt have a thingy poking through the shield under the barrle.

medal