7TP | Polish Vickers 6 ton Mk. E

PenguinRed

7TP | Polish Vickers 6 ton Mk. E  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this implemented?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If a Polish Techtree isn't an option for the game, where should the 7TP go?

• Russian Techtree
    • German Techtree
    • Other (NOT POLAND)
    • I voted No

The 7TPjw (single-turret) was the main Polish tank from 1935 up until Polands defeat in 1939. It was superior to early german tanks such as the Panzer I and II but was fielded to scarcely to make a significant differance.

It features many licensed parts from different nations and is the best the Polish had to offer.

History and General Information

Spoiler

Due to lack of experiance, Poland couldn't just build their own tank, so they looked for other options on the open market. Some of these options were the M26/27 and the NC-2 from Renault, but those were quickly found unsatisfactory and they went with the Vickers 6-ton Mk. E. They procured 60 tanks as well as the license to build more, but due to the designs faults they decided not to build any locally. They rather started to work on an improved design which they called the 7TP, standing for "7 Tons, Polish", even though it would eventually exceed 7 tons.

This new design started in 1932 up until 1935, where the first vehicles were made in serial production. The first batch of 22 vehicles was equipped with two machinegun turrets taken straight from the Vickers tanks, as they were to be converted to single turret tanks. A final Single-Turret armament was not choosen up to this point until autnumn of 1935, where the swedish Wz.37 37mm gun was choosen alongside the swedish designed turret (With some improvements). The Single-Turret variant wasn't produced until 1936 and due to budget cuts it was agreed upon to order around 1 company a year. Thanks to the sales of 4 Renault FT Companies, another 49 tanks could be procured in 1937, but all those could only be fully built in 1938 because of problems with the production of the armor plates, the radios and the periscopes.

In total, there were 134 7TP's produced, including prototypes.

When it was realised that Poland was about to be involved into a war, they ordered another 150 tanks, but sadly none of them were finished before the surrender of Poland, as they would have been delivered only in December of 1939 to 1940 (earliest date).

Some Systems used by the 7TP were:
Radio: N2/C or RKB/C
Periscope: Zeiss wz.34 G

Transmission: dry multi-disc main clutch

Technical Information

Spoiler

Armament: 1x 37mm Wz.37 L/45 gun | 1x 7,92mm Wz.30 TMG
Ammo Capacity: 80 rounds | 3960 rounds
Crew: 3
Engine: PZInż.235 (Saurer VLDBb) with 110hp
Transmission: 4 forward gears, 1 reverse gear
Max. Speed: 32-37km/h
Mass:  9,9 tons
Hull Armor: 17mm frontal | 9-17mm side | 6-9mm rear
Turret Armor: 15mm allround
Power/Weight ratio: 11,1hp/ton

Pictures

Spoiler

7TP polnischer Panzer 3D-Modell - TurboSquid 1325684 File:POL 7TP Tank.jpg - Wikipedia

The Tanks of World War II – Episode 3: The Polish 7TP Light Tank |  軍事・インテリジェンス動画まとめ World War 2 - Destroyed Polish 7TP tank

Polish Army 7TP Tank (3D Printer Kit) by ToRo Model Die polnische Armee 7 TP Tanks während militärischer Manöver kurz vor der  Invasion von Polen, 1939 Stockfotografie - Alamy

Sources

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

+1

Edited my original response since it's not relevant.

Spoiler

Why not Poland? Poland will most likely come to game either in form of a Visegrad type tree or as an Independent tech tree.

Also. The Poles i met. The do indeed not really like Germany and Russia that much. And im sure there will be outrage from the Polish players if their vehicles from WW2 are represented in the German or Russian Tree.

The Only 7TP tanks that can be represented in those trees are the German Beute-Panzers PzKpfW 731(p) or the Russian captured 7TP

Edited by eleks12
edited my original response for not being correct.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, eleks12 said:

Why not Poland? Poland will most likely come to game either in form of a Visegrad type tree or as an Independent tech tree.

Also. The Poles i met. The do indeed not really like Germany and Russia that much. And im sure there will be outrage from the Polish players if their vehicles from WW2 are represented in the German or Russian Tree.

The Only 7TP tanks that can be represented in those trees are the German beute-panzers 7TP or the Russian captured 7TP

It appears that you didnt read the question

The question says that if Poland wont be introduced into the game at any point, where should it go instead?
Its not that complicated.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 minutes ago, RavensDoor said:

It appears that you didnt read the question

The question says that if Poland wont be introduced into the game at any point, where should it go instead?
Its not that complicated.

It says Other (Not Poland) So either i misunderstood the option or i am missing something. please clarify. :)

Edit. Yes i can see the question is what is in you're response in the Question poll. didnt see it the first time. My bad.

Edited by eleks12
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

17 hours ago, error_501 said:

For me the best option (if Poland isn't added ofc) would be Britain since, as mentioned higher, Poles and Germans/Russians don't really like each other.

+1 and this is my opinion as well, although I would really like to see Poland added.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 year later...