Bring Back Points Scored For Cooperative Work

The Poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Leaderboard Score affect SL and RP gain for you?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, do you think it's a good idea to rollback to previous mechanic?

• Yes
    • No
    • I didn't notice the change in SL/RP gain.

The situation: As of the Update: Ground Breaking, when I play Air RB (perhaps this applies to Ground and Naval as well, but I haven't played them enough to notice), I no longer gain points for being damaged or near enemy aircraft. Looking it up on the changelog, things that may related to this change are listed as

The accrual of score when being close to the enemy (relevant for all types of vehicles) has been removed.

Which falls under the caveat of

Please note! The changes listed below relate to the stat points where players are sorted in the respective in-game menus, and do not affect Silver Lions and / or Research Points earnings for the mentioned actions.

The problem: Despite of what it said, I do feel like the sudden lack of points does affect my SL and RP gain. You might say that the solution is simply "get good," and sought only to get points from direct enemy kills; but that contradicts the viability of a support playstyle. As a personal example, I am a Japanese aircraft main; the nation of paper planes where aggressive playstyle will get you shot down more than not. So we use our agility to our advantage to bait the enemy or linger around the map until there are stragglers to pick off without the worry of being ganged up upon. With this new update, you can bait for your team all you want, get shot at in the process and you come out of the match with 0 points. Which means that despite your efforts, you are actually losing money in the form of spent bullets.

The solution: Return the point gain to pre-update mechanic. And if I am wrong about the SL and RP gain being unrelated to this scoring as the caveat mentions, at the very least it gives some credit to the people who play support roles that aid the team's battle outcome.

Edited by Norris_Aznable
in the case I'm wrong...
  • Upvote 1

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Thanks 1

I don't care about the sl.

I just see that if I make the wrong decision and my team overruns the other one, I have to drop out with no points. That has happened to me a few times now. This also forces you to go spawn camping again.

In the past I would have stood on the cap and kept getting points because I still prefer a fair game to being without a chance. 

The article also said something like "this is to help new players use their armour more effectively", which puts them at a distinct disadvantage because they can't even stop and look around. If these new players now meet someone experienced, which is not unlikely, he will kill them anyway and get even fewer points.

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I dont care too about the SL.
But the RP ...
The game became too painfull to grind. I have a premium, i saw the decreasing rewards.
Playing naval is one of the most painfull (beated by the heli grind). Everyday i'm asking why i'm still playing Warthunder.

For exemple :
Playing at 4.3
Be first in naval battle.
Win the match
earn 1500 with a premium account.

How gaijin want to bring player if the grind is painfull ?

and i dont say about the aiming system that is buggued and that they refused my suggestion to ask to add and option to get back the old during a match or mix up the old and new aiming system.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 22/11/2021 at 23:58, corevino said:

I don't care about the sl.

I just see that if I make the wrong decision and my team overruns the other one, I have to drop out with no points. That has happened to me a few times now. This also forces you to go spawn camping again.

In the past I would have stood on the cap and kept getting points because I still prefer a fair game to being without a chance. 

The article also said something like "this is to help new players use their armour more effectively", which puts them at a distinct disadvantage because they can't even stop and look around. If these new players now meet someone experienced, which is not unlikely, he will kill them anyway and get even fewer points.

I don't fully comprehend what you mean, do you happen to be referring to Ground RB? Because in that regard, you at least have a chance to do a minor damage to components to grant you some award before getting shot down. In air RB, the differences in performance quality in some vehicles means that you might never truly land a hit on the enemy before the match end, yet you can still get riddled with holes as you bait the enemy for your team, so the match ends with net loss in repair cost and ammo usage. Though I don't fully understand what you mean by encouraging spawn camping or the last point about armour?