FMA Ia.58 "Pucara" In the German Tree (discussion)

OsO73

20 minutes ago, Ein79 said:

Yes, I expect it being lowered after introduction unless Gaijin will give it fantasy performance. It's an aircraft with 500 km/h top speed in level flight...BR 6.3 means there are late WWII top performing props, superprops and early jets around. With AirRB markers it will be just an easy target. 

Well...its not like the aircraft carries something that makes it 6.3 right? aren't we talking about an...Attacker?

Like it or not, its probably going to be a great attacker at the BR given right now..probably a great choice to play along with the M41 or JPZ-4/5...oor in Air RB if you want.

EDIT: Hell even in Naval it would be a decent choice!

Edited by OsO73
  • Upvote 1
medal

7 minutes ago, OsO73 said:

Well...its not like the aircraft carries something that makes it 6.3 right? aren't we talking about an...Attacker?

Like it or not, its probably going to be a great attacker at the BR given right now..probably a great choice to play along with the M41 or JPZ-4/5...oor in Air RB if you want.

EDIT: Hell even in Naval it would be a decent choice!

I have nothing against Pucara in tank matches or in naval. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

I thought i might share some interesting camos the Pucara could receive in game

Spoiler

Argentine

This is the original Factory camo the IA.58 wore. As you can see, its...unpainted. 

Copia_de_S4FJjMY.jpg

They would eventually receive their first camo in what is known as the "Malvinero" liveries used in the 1982 Malvinas/Falklands war. (this had at least 2 variations)

25-1.jpg napalm.jpg

Another strange livery was the one used by the 2 Ex-Mauritanian examples wore (desertic), after the Mauritanian gov was thrown in a coup, the aircraft stayed in Argentina and were inducted into the FAA.

ykcwW.jpg

Uruguayan

Original Uruguayan Camo 

ia_58036_by_michelum_ddmuost-pre.jpg

Late

pucarat0165noes.jpg

Colombian

IA58A-04.JPG

Sri Lankan

En29adNW4AI2TjH-3.jpeg

British (captured example under evaluation)

Captura_de_pantalla_2021-05-07_a_las_13.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

@Cedjoe i thought this might be the best place to put it...

image0.jpg

The Pucara using French TER(s), note that its not using any MER in the centerline pylon. 

About what is carrying...6 PG bombs and 2 70mm grenade launchers.

Edited by OsO73
  • Upvote 2
medal

18 minutes ago, L963 said:

multiple websites notes this planes armament as HS.804, as opposed to the HS.404 that the dev version used. Does anyone know what exactly this HS.804 is?

As far as i remember, the manual stated they were 804, but give me some time to check and ill confirm it! 

medal

13 hours ago, L963 said:

well, my question is, what exactly IS the HS.804? Googling the name just relays me to the HS.820 and HS.404, both names kinda fit but they use different ammunition at different muzzle velocity and firerate

Sorry for answering so late, but here is what the 2 pieces of info from FMA (Manual and technical description) state:

The technical description has this:

Captura_de_pantalla_2022-01-17_a_las_14.

The other just asks to get the "Fire manual"

• Upvote 1
medal

https://cartuchosfm.es.tl/F-.-L-.-B-20x110mm-HS-Hispano-Suiza-.-.htm

The 804 according to this might use 20x110mm, and regarding some mentioning of it in janes and other books...it might just be a refinement of the 404 license made in argentina.

Jane's and other books also mention it to be a slight modernization of the 404. Certain Argentine sources put it as Mk.V 404s, i might need to check for a more in depth description of the guns.

Copia_de_ia58pucara-armas-f.jpg

• Upvote 1
medal

1 hour ago, L963 said:

ah ok, so no funky 1050 m/s with 1000 rpm at lowish BR

Nope, in fact...the 804 might be already in game, in the form of the T31 cannons used in the A2D-1 or the AM-1. Since thats the post war HS-404/804 the US used.

Edited by OsO73
medal

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, Lord_Prism said:

I have it on good authority it was completely scrapped after the flight model was leaked 

Do you mean that he will never come again?

It's ridiculous, there was no leak, the model was in the CDK. In addition, it was also on the list of economic changes planned for that time. List (excel) published by Gaijin.

It will be almost 2 years now... it is an iconic plane.

medal medal medal

On 26/05/2023 at 09:12, el_Argentino said:

It's ridiculous, there was no leak, the model was in the CDK. In addition, it was also on the list of economic changes planned for that time. List (excel) published by Gaijin.

sorry to break your hope even more so. theres other planes nations been waiting on for upward of a DECADE now. 

likely its a mix of copy right laws and other issues that are preventing them from implementing the planes. or the company/person who they hired to create the plane/tank left and as such left what ever they were working on in legal limbo. point being if it doesnt come out within 6ish months of being leaked, its never gonna come out.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

On 26/05/2023 at 23:12, el_Argentino said:

It's probably just being redone, it was in an early white box stage as I recall, so it's not that surprising.

medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/05/2023 at 14:14, LuftKaffee said:

I think the possible reason is why they cancelled is that the plane shouldnt be in the german tree. The british forces captured 11x IA 58 in the Falklands War. 

They captured them, but only one was flown by the RAF...and it was only for a very limited evaluation (no more than 20ish hours), no weapons were used and it was only to tests its flight performance. 

Wouldn't make much sense to give it to a nation that just flew it in clean configuration...besides, Germany could really use an attacker in 6.3.

• Upvote 1
medal

15 hours ago, OsO73 said:

Germany could really use an attacker in 6.3.

6.3? My friend, have a look at the specs on the Pucara. It's slow and can carry barely more ordnance than a Stuka. 6.3 would seem awfully high, especially when you look at the Wyvern at only 4.0...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator
On 12/06/2023 at 13:49, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

6.3? My friend, have a look at the specs on the Pucara. It's slow and can carry barely more ordnance than a Stuka. 6.3 would seem awfully high, especially when you look at the Wyvern at only 4.0...

And there I think you hit the nail.onnthe head as to why it's not been added yet 

On 12/6/2023 at 9:49, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

exposition-de-missiles-matra-au-salon-in zxXs5H8.jpg.40b88f95aa8a06bf716abbf048c0 1163023-large.jpg.f7c40add1d0268df5e7cc7 img834g.jpg.9e6877225cc7a3f57eb87d7e4490 127184776-3719283898131269-8130968685739 mer.jpg.534ba8024b6cf1cd84e26ffd07c7f197 d4ddaf29_21f2_4879_800f_568e2ff568e2_by_ 352013707_IA-58070.jpg.8f89ad62afadeae23

It seems totally absurd to compare the Pucara with the Stuka... Neither in terms of flight performance, survivability or weaponry... they are not comparable at all.

medal medal medal

52 minutes ago, el_Argentino said:

It seems totally absurd to compare the Pucara with the Stuka... Neither in terms of flight performance, survivability or weaponry... they are not comparable at all.

I made no comparison in regard to flight performance between the Pucara and the Stuka.

I did make a comparison, however, when it comes to ordnance. The Stuka can carry 1,500kg, the Pucara is limited to only about 1,600kg. Yes, of course, there is a variety of "stuff" that can be hung under the wings, but usually anything smaller than about a 250kg bomb isn't worth carrying in the average Ground RB match.

Other than that the Pucara has two 20mm hispanos and 4 sub-caliber machine guns.

When it comes to flight performance, the Pucara is limited to 500kmh at medium altitudes which is about what an early Bf 110 can do, for example.

I'm not arguing against the plane, not in the least bit, but it's not that impressive.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 12/06/2023 at 09:49, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

6.3 was the BR given to it when it was seen in the dev server, its just an estimate, it could be different ofc.. 

2 hours ago, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

I did make a comparison, however, when it comes to ordnance. The Stuka can carry 1,500kg, the Pucara is limited to only about 1,600kg. Yes, of course, there is a variety of "stuff" that can be hung under the wings, but usually anything smaller than about a 250kg bomb isn't worth carrying in the average Ground RB match.

You do have options for a quite variety of bombs, even larger than 250kg... + rockets (FFAR/ZUNI/T-10/etc), + torpedos + gunpods + guided missiles....i dont think the Stuka has access to something like that. I'm sure a mix of those (since it should get custom presets) its might be a bit more useful...

When it comes to flight performance, the Pucara is limited to 500kmh at medium altitudes which is about what an early Bf 110 can do, for example.

In what configuration?

I'm not arguing against the plane, not in the least bit, but it's not that impressive.

Its kinda what COIN was, i doesn't need to haul thousands of kg or be fast as a jet..

Edited by OsO73
  • Upvote 1
medal