War Thunder client not detecting HD textures files

So I downloaded the HD content pack for War Thunder (content.hq) as a Torrent download and pasted it in the War Thunder folder. So I open the launcher and check the Full Client option and it analyzes files and doesn't detect it and again starts downloading the 23 gb of files. I don't have wifi (limited cellular data) and I don't want to download it all over again, what do I do?
Please helpimage.png.36bcb7fe48e29c3b0d7e258537f274 image.png.f16ec26dfec97a66d8114ffe791dda

• Senior Technical Moderator

Hi,

From that screenshot, the files never finished fully uploading.   That is a 'really slow' rate showing.  It will also depend on your mobile phone/network capability.  War Thunder was never really designed to run over those networks as a PC type client.   It really needs a proper broadband cable connection of some description.  Only NVIDIA's Shield etc is really designed to run over those networks.

I would also wonder at the network load as well for the HD content pack etc.   This will only make the data transmissions larger, possibly causing performance impacts.  But we would need to see and look at that.

Is it a 5G connection you are using on your phone?

I will need more information from you please.

There may not be a clog file, if the game never uploads completely.  You can't run the game if it won't start!  ;)

But I would like to look at the machine you are trying to run the game on etc.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KnightoftheAbyss said:

Hi,

From that screenshot, the files never finished fully uploading.   That is a 'really slow' rate showing.  It will also depend on your mobile phone/network capability.  War Thunder was never really designed to run over those networks as a PC type client.   It really needs a proper broadband cable connection of some description.  Only NVIDIA's Shield etc is really designed to run over those networks.

I would also wonder at the network load as well for the HD content pack etc.   This will only make the data transmissions larger, possibly causing performance impacts.  But we would need to see and look at that.

Is it a 5G connection you are using on your phone?

I will need more information from you please.

There may not be a clog file, if the game never uploads completely.  You can't run the game if it won't start!  ;)

But I would like to look at the machine you are trying to run the game on etc.

Hello, thank you for replying! The screenshot I showed you of the client was just for showing that when I checkmark the full client option, It doesn't start the game but instead starts downloading the hd texture files, which i already fully downloaded through the game's official torrent, also I downloaded the files with a 4G connection.

Do I need to put the content.hq folder inside the content folder?

DxDiag.txt

18 hours ago, InfERnO said:

Do I need to put the content.hq folder inside the content folder?

No.  It should install to the correct location by itself.   

So it is a 4G mobile phone wi-fi connection??   Is that correct?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KnightoftheAbyss said:

Do I need some extra files to download which detect the hd texture files? Because I just downloaded the content.hq subfolder from the torrent, I had downloaded the base game from the launcher itself

12 hours ago, KnightoftheAbyss said:

So it is a 4G mobile phone wi-fi connection??   Is that correct?

image.png.049b2efff844db626e4bda9341abc8Also I noticed this..

the textures have an hq_ as a prefix, so there must be another file which I need to download which can read these hq_ files right? Or they need to be in some another folder

Glad it is working for you.   

• Like 2