Sell Warthunder merch with codes for in-game rewards

Thatz

Do you think they should add codes for in-game items in special edition merch?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think they should add codes for in-game items in special edition merch?

• Yes
    • No
    • I didn't even know they sold War Thunder Merch
  2. 2. Would you buy the special edition merch?

• Yes
    • No
    • Possibly depends on the price

• Suggestion Moderator

I was recently looking at the merch store and I was curious of ways that might make more players interested in getting the merch, I then remembered how Valve did their merch for Dota 2 and CS:GO with "genuine" items (IRL merch you had to purchase online or at events to receive a code that you could use in game for either the item itself or a lootbox but whatever you received had a special name tied to it called "Genuine" (at least for Dota 2).
There was also chances of getting the some of the items as golden version etc. which increased the rarity. These items normally where normal items you could get from the same loot box but had the name "genuine" in front of it making it more desirable and sought after.

I was thinking WarThunder could do something similar, I do not think there should be different codes for the same merch. But this year its War Thunders 10th Anniversary and I think it would be cool to sell some special merch (a bit more expensive then normal) for either some exclusive vehicles, vehicles that have been removed, premium vehicles, or packs vehicles etc.

The way the Dota 2 Store/CS:GO store limited people was normally 1-3 of X item per household to allow other players to be able to get the items they want.

Understandably the amount of players from Dota 2 and War thunder are different but I think they would still be able to sell. (The limited edition signed poster sold out within a few days for WT)

I wish I still held onto my codes but I tossed them since once used they aren't all that important but I still have all my Dota 2 merch from a plush to shirts to even little emote rubber pins.
(Please don't do the lootbox thing because it would lead to some players hoarding all the merch to get X item in the loot box)

Rewards could be:
Profile Icons, Titles, Camouflages, Vehicles (as mentioned before) or Trails (acrobatic smoke colors)

All in all I think adding codes for some special merch here and there could help with some sales of merch and I think players that would buy merch would enjoy it also.

• Upvote 1